Destiny 2: Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Very much thank you for asking :)

It's pretty much how I imagined it to be and better, the gameplay / gunplay and its fluidity surprised me positively. You really couldn't tell this was a console exclusive first given how responsive and accurate mouse+kb input is.
    Gameplay in general feels fun and fast. It's like fast paced action of Doom with slightly more tactical aspect. Supers are super fun and cool. The most fun first-person shooter in years alongside Doom.

Just hit level 20 but probably around halfway done with the campaign only (unlocked Io but haven't been there yet so Earth, Titan and Nessus so far). Got positively "distracted" by adventures and public events and just roaming around.

That's another thing I like about Destiny 2, the locations are vast and you can explore as you please.
    I accidentally found the relic for Gunslinger subclass while exploring EDZ.
    I was so impressed it was just put there, to be found, without any signposting or "you must find and activate this mission first" I almost peed my pants :p

Though I can see repetition kicking in at some point once you're familiar with the locations but that goes for any MMO game I think. As in I haven't put 370+ hrs into Division because I'm still finding new places ;)

As long as Bungie / Activision keep their s**t together, I'll be playing this game for a good time. Been recently playing Nioh though, darn that's another gem of a game!

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Found that after the DLC, the power level was easy to increase due the amount of shards I had saved up. The gunsmith on earth froze up on me at one point. Had to finish the campaign to access the one in the Tower. The some of the blue quests after finishing the campaign are more challenging to complete solo. Was not able to kill the boss at the end of the quest that gives Sturm. Luckily, did not need to kill the boss to complete the quest; should have put together a fireteam like the quest stated should be done. Xur was Santa this time around...the engram might have cost 97 shards but it provided me Vigilance Wing; been desperately waiting for that one.

3. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    I´v been playing Destiny 2 for like 20h now, and i´m kinda liking it, but does the DLC give something special to cover the 20€ cost?

I did read few pages back aswell, and i see that they have dropped the prize of this DLC,
    and are actually listening to players.

What makes this game great for me, i can play 30mins or 4h, play when i have time, and just continue where i left last time.
    I don´t think i would have bought this game, but it came as a freebie with my 1080Ti.

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The DLC adds more SP story missions, one new location, strike, MP map, higher level and power caps and a bunch of items and QoL features.

Their idea of listening to the community so far has been apologizing and backtracking for the crap they try to pull. I guess they are doing a good job, because they always manage to spin it, so to look like the good guys in the eyes of the general public. Now, with the new event The Dawning going live, there is a bunch of new crap to deal with. The event adds I think 60+ unique items to the game and you can NOT get 90% of them by simply playing the game. No, no, no, microtransactions is where it is at boys! If you are ready to gamble it, you are looking at 80 to 600 dollars/euros for three armor sets and all the shaders, ships, sparrows and emotes. So expect them to be all apologetic and open to criticism once again, revert a bit of the bullshit and look like the good guys .. again. With the direction they are taking, especially at the moment when microtransactions and loot boxes are a hot (crap) topic, they are going to alienate and lose that ever thinning community and that includes me too..

AsiJu likes this.

5. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Right, well, if we put all those things, we get for real with DLC, would it be worth that 20€?
    Or should i just be happy with the bacis game, and play that? Atleast for now, standing at 285 ilevel/gs what ever its called these days...
    And see if i still want it in the future?

And no, i do not gamble with loot boxes. If i want something, i´ll buy it straight, and if it´s not a option, they can keep it.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Play the base game for now, get dlc later. I'd expect it to drop in price soonish.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I know this has been asked before, but... I'm gonna do it again. :p

How is this game if you play solo?
    I liked the gunplay and visuals from the beta, but... I have zero interest in ever playing it online with anyone.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm playing solo too. The campaign is incredibly dull and I'm over half way through after a month lol. The shooting is nice but the enemies aren't. A few fun encounters but for the most part you can just plow through by running towards them and punching them in the face lol. I've yet to reach the end game content because of the campaign. Try the demo though.

9. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Suprim X
    I'm enjoying solo in this game. Campaign/story is dull. However, graphics, atmosphere, environments and gunplay mechanics are fantastic. It's a solid 10 hour+ singleplayer game. I like it.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeh and you can do Adventures (side quests) solo. I've played only solo so far except a few Public Events.

Public Events are playable for solo players too, you just get to the area and start shooting to join, no matchmaking needed.
    You're essentially playing solo still, just with other players present. They're quite fun too and quick to do. You can just drop in on your way to something else / during another mission.

Also you must play PE's to unlock further subclasses once you've found their relics.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Glad you liked it man :) Indeed are the locations vast and beautifully made and it's when doing campaign + quests that you find the real beauty spots which you normally miss while roaming the world doing public events.

Solo is a great way to experience the game. I don't even remember the story since it's really uninteresting but there are some nice cinematics. I think you'll be amazed by how good the overall presentation looks. I had fun doing the campaign and I've yet to finish all the Adventures, plus you get new quests after finishing the Campaign.

12. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Personally found the campaign to be as dull as dishwater, too easy, absolutely awful story, no fun loot.

Endgame is a blast though, love getting new weapons, rerolling for better masterworks stats and """""""""THE GRIND""""""""". Possibly only like it because me and my friends just load it up, talk nonsense on discord while we do our weeklies and that's about it. More a social shooting gallery to me than game of the year.

DLC was very disappointing, tiny map and boring missions... but the gunplay is so fun it keeps me coming back. Better Devils for life boieeeee.

13. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    People in the US, share your battlenet ids! This game is boring solo. My clan is pretty much dead at this point, and I don't blame them, but I am sticking around. I am hoping they will finally hear us out with all the complaints being spammed on their forums.

14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I've been stuck at a 311 gear score for 2 and a half weeks. I give up. Sick of grinding to get a bright engram that ends up being some horseshit shader pack and spaceship I just sell for bright dust. 2 and a half weeks of grinding to make no progress is absolutely ridiculous. Furthermore, the DLC so far is very barren and uneventful. I haven't touched the game in about 3 days now and don't intend to again until they raise the gear score/leveling again so I can continue actual progress with my character. Right now it's a complete waste of time. I dunno how these guys I run into have like a 334 score.

15. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Odd. Are you doing your weeklies? Such as crucible, clan, events, heroic, nightfall, and raid? They all guarantee a higher than normal power level items.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Seems about right:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...es-again-after-another-bad-week-for-destiny-2

is it just me (no it isn't) or are they doing the same "mistakes" over and over... I don't get it. Especially as AFAIK first Destiny went through about the same path.

Well, I'm sure this game will be complete and mistake-free in a year or so... lols. Haven't played for a while either.

Gameplay by itself is as fun as ever I think (and I didn't play the first Destiny so Destiny 2 is new and fresh in that regard). Wish they'd stop f-ing up.

Does Activision force their hand this bad or what?

drandiiski likes this.
  17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    That article is so off it's funny. There is no "cool down". The amount of legendary engrams that will deliver weapons and armor is limited to thirty. After that only shaders. I reached the 30 limit in what seemed like in no time. Plus the full set of armor dropped for me (Dead Orbit). The final armor piece dropped on the next to last engram (that was Friday). Given probability, it will not drop for everyone. While everyone is complaining, why not complain that the Rat King is too difficult to obtain. Not everyone will be able to complete the final step...finishing the Nightfall with 5 minutes left on the clock (at least one other person in your fireteam needs to have the rat king quest too). The good videos will state why there needs to be more than one person on the fireteam with the quest; ties in with one of it's perks.

Best part of the Dawning was the snowballs rest of it was a joke. As far as leveling, Raids, Heroic Strikes, and on the weekly reset, whatever Cayde-6 lists as the Flashpoint will drop higher light level gear. The leviathan raid will drop great stuff. Completing it is the catch. Tried again tonight with newcomers to the clan and failed. Will attempt it again next weekend. It's a huge time sink to finish it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Well off or not Bungie are being all-apologetic again over their decisions... it's a pattern for sure.

19. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    This game, just like the first one at launch and for pretty much the first year, is just one big disaster, which is a shame because by the time Destiny 2 released the original game was in a really good place, seems they learnt nothing from previous mistakes.

End of year two when they've added more content and fixed all the problems with end game progression will be the time to get it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Anyone playing anymore? Has the end game content and gameplay improved?

Been keeping this on hold since last post.