Destiny 2: Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well, it looked to be very optimized even from the beta days ..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  4. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    My 8350 oc'd to 4.6 and my 1070 ran it at 60 fps locked on 1440 144Hz

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Why? Anything else to add to that...

Because the Beta played amazingly smooth on a 970 with no issues.
    So, chances are it only improved from there.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Really I didn't see much of a difference in visuals from the first Destiny compared to Destiny 2.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    This game is so 50/50. Some say it looks like the first, others say it's the best looking PC game of the year.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I was not a horrible looking game on the PS4 and Xbox One, great art style. Bungie is pretty good with that, but because the first Destiny was just a port over from older consoles, really not much was upgraded too much and there will still some bad parts of the game in my opinion as far as visuals go.

Clean slate with Destiny 2 now, they can actually have higher resolution textures, and better blended models and what not considering the base now is the Xbox One and PS4 for development.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    the effects and general lighting have improved quite a lot, game looks amazing

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How's the PvE content of the game? I've no interest in PvP.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    cerebus23 likes this.
  12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well it is (sadly) more Destiny. I got it on release and now, about 40 days later, I have two characters at almost max power, I have done the raid once, nightfall twice, participated in the faction rallies and the Iron banner, have a few cool weapons, armor sets and exotics and that’s it. Once you hit that point it is really hard to find reasons to play anymore. If you are obsessed with getting every item, maxing all three classes, may be chasing the not so hard platinum – yes there is more grind to be done.

That’s not to say the game is bad – it is better than the first one in almost every respect. The raid is cool, the nightfalls are very challenging, the story mode is short and generic, but at least makes some sense and on the technical side of things everything is improved – graphics, sounds, UI, loading, etc. And as always the game play and shooting are top notch. The biggest problem is that there is next to no innovation. It does not feel like a second game in the series, but a reboot/remaster.

What boggles my mind is why it is what it is? Why Bungie? Why did you not include the planets from the previous game? Why there isn’t at least one new enemy faction? Why do you launch AGAIN with only one raid and a handful of strikes? Whyyyy…

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Pre-load is up

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    oh i forgot this game is exclusive to battle.net , that should be awesome! much better then the steam junk.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The game not being on Steam is one reason I'm holding off on getting it.

It would just force me to use yet another program to play games. I own nothing from Blizzard, and don't use battle.net. Had it been on Steam, I probably would've jumped on it already.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
  18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    This is becoming a big issue in PC gaming. I'm sick of EVERY company having to push out THEIR own client. Jesus. How much greed does one honestly need? Steam was a nice simple source for everything and now everyone wants to avoid having to give Valve a piece. EA Origin, Battle.net, Bethesda, Epic Launcher, Steam, Windows Store, etc. And they all make sure to hold an exclusive or two so you have no choice but to add more garbage to your drive. /rant lol.

It's getting like this in the streaming sub world too. Netflix was enough once upon a time.

lucidus likes this.
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WoW's numbers aren't what they used to be. I guess this is what they want to replace it with? I cba making accounts for every publisher's bottom line's sake. Who knows what kind of an idiot is running the security side of things these days. I already have a bnet account thanks to starcraft and diablo but that's about it. The rest can eff off.

Most of the footage I get from yt seems to be some variation of TDM and a few mmo style raids here and there. Seems really dull. I want more PvE content, maybe expansions will do it.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    It seems they changed the release date, it said 14 hours this afternoon and now it's 23 hours.