Denuvo Servers Go Down Leading To Some Games Becoming Unplayable

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Nov 8, 2021.

1. AuerX

AuerX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 x2
    Again, if you make the base game free there will be no piracy.
    Make all the stuff you buy in game server side too.

2. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    The Sims would disagree with you, that game is pirated like crazy with all it's expansions and stuff packs.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    My 12900k is like.....HA!

4. AuerX

AuerX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 x2
    Is the base game free to play?

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Not true, its more often than not now a cracked game will still be regularly updated.

6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    The base game has been often given away or gets regular promotions yet the DLC packs altogether reaches £800, it's absurd.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Great news, more games are having Denuvo removed.

Bandai Namco has removed Denuvo from SOULCALIBUR VI

Cronik and cerebus23 like this.
  8. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    DRM or any kind of copy protection IMHO has never been about protecting against privacy but rather force you to buy more copies of the same thing.

Take some of my mates back in the day for example; if they can't pirate it they simply won't play it so the companies are not getting the money either way.

Anti piracy measures are not going to make people who can't afford to buy the games in the first place to all of a sudden have the money to do so.

Why can't I backup media that I already purchased? Why can't I run media I paid for on multiple devices that I own?

I am sure companies are perfectly aware of what they're doing.

poslemrak likes this.
  9. poslemrak

poslemrak New Member

GPU:
    3080ti 12gb
    Good point for, like, a very big discussion. You can also add that companies save quite bit of money as there are less costs associated with physical distribution yet that never has been reflected in the price (although spending may increase elsewhere, e.g. salaries and maybe.... Denuvo? lol).

Another example outside of gaming is scientific articles behind crazy paywalls - they are not being printed these days and publishers do not actually spend anything in relation to the creation of the content. These articles usually get copyrighted by publishers, and some authors are not even allowed to share them with colleagues without special sanctions.

Legal side and existing definitions full of contradictions and problems despite these 20-30 years of internet.

Digital stuff is all about intellectual property and copyright, and that's one of the most attractive ways to make money out of thin air.

10. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE

11. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    This should be a rule. When game gets cracked, companies should remove Denuvo. This way both camps will benefit from piracy and pirates will never receive a "better" version.

cerebus23 and Horus-Anhur like this.
  12. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Probably issuing actual team to dig up denuvoless exe and push it to Steam costs more than they deem it worth, in the end all of this menial stuff is paid workhours that are better spent working on next paid product than producing no monetary value to an old one.

13. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yea, well, obnoxious DRM seem the very least do delay the availability of pirated editions. There's enough people that aren't patient enough to sit it out, while everyone else if playing the game, and buy it after all.

I'm still waiting for the Far Cry 6 crack to verify, whether Ubisoft's typical Denuvo+VMProtect combo is making my life terrible (again) or not. I've almost finished the game, so at some point, I probably dgaf about a crack anymore.

cerebus23 likes this.