1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denuvo DRM's Latest Version 5.2 Cracked, Could Spell Trouble for AAA games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Caesar, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Denuvo’s latest 5.2 version of its Anti-Tamper DRM protection has been blown wide open, this time by a new hacking group known as FCKDRM. They’ve borrowed the branding from GOG’s new anti-DRM initiative, turning their hands to the business of cracking games.

There are currently just two games that support Denuvo 5.2 - Football Manager 2019 and The Quiet Man. The latter is, by all accounts, pretty damn awful and thus unlikely to be cracked, while Football Manager 2019 has been cracked within a week of its launch.

As we head into a busy few weeks, this probably comes as worrying news to AAA publishers. Battlefield V, Hitman 2 and Just Cause 4 are all going to be using Denuvo, and the likelihood is they’ll be using the latest 5.2 version of Denuvo unless an update can be rolled out pronto. The older, version 4.9 edition of Denuvo Anti-Tamper has yet to be cracked, so we may even see Denuvo roll back to a previous version.

Depending on whether crackers deem it worthwhile to put in the legwork, we could end up in a truly odd scenario whereby Battlefield V is cracked up to 11 days before its official November 20th launch date. BF5 is available 11 days before launch for those who sign up to the Origin Access Premier subscription service, providing ample time for hackers to get to work before the game’s full launch on November 20th.

That’s the risk EA takes when it makes its games available much earlier for EA Access subscribers so it should certainly be something to keep an eye on. The multiplayer element will be pretty much redundant, but if the single-player War Stories are decent then Battlefield 5 could become a target.

The never-ending battle continues then, this time with a new player in the shape FCKDRM. GOG seems to have inspired a whole new level of anti-DRM sentiment...

Source: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160955/denuvo-battlefield-v
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lulz the arms race continues.

emperorsfist likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Will Denuvo give a refund to the developers of Hitman 2?

I think I remember reading something in the past about if a game protected by Denuvo is cracked within a certain period of time then Denuvo will reimburse the developer the money paid for that protection? someone please correct me.

INSTG8R and cerebus23 like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ i believe that is correct, though i would not swear to it in court, pretty sure i have heard that though.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Aah, I love the smell of Denuvo burning in the morning!

cerebus23, geronimo666 and lucidus like this.
  6. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    LoL
    Give these people what they want...
    "air"

[​IMG]

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I dont know why we discuss Denuvo here? There are eough places where you can do that. I remember discussing cracks here is not allowed.

Also, source battlefield forums? Please... and one more thing for the people who just believe everything and have not much knowledge.. Just because Denuvo (version) 5.2 was cracked at some game doesnt mean its cracked at all. For every game its different despite the same Denuvo version. It has nothing to do with it. You could crack 5.2 but wont be able to crack a prev. version on a different game. Got it?

Its the developers/publishers choice to do that. Its not writte in Stones you have to do that. So yeah, it happened before. If its happening in the 1st two weeks after release, Denuvo have to give back paid money for protection. But its possible they changed their policy when some Denuvo games where cracked really soon back then.

Also @Op you can remove that crap "Hitman is cracked, Denuvo 5.3 down" in your sig - lolz. Its not cracked. You can only play prologue and not the other missions. Crashing, etc. so yet again, the game is not cracked at all! Guess what. Assassin's Creed Odyssey was much harder to crack than FM19 for instance despite an older Denuvo version!

Ps.

All those articles on different "gaming-sites" dsogaming, etc. blah blah writing denuvo version xx is cracked and so it has to be that every game must be cracked with the same version are just dumb idiots who have no knowledge about - like i explained earlier about the "version". Its just funny to read those articles like they know anything about it.

8. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    I removed the
    :)

9. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    I didn't share any links to pirated software,just let you know that FUCKDRM as correct he's crack and the game is now really cracked !
    You really think that people wont find the crack LMAO...Remember google is there.
    People dont need Guru3D to find cracked games or software just "google".
    You must be thinking that most of the users of Guru3d dont know where to find pirated software...
    Yeah most of them are virgin..Anyway!
    At least if you dont whant people to find pirated software don't say everywere that it's been cracked...

10. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Please remove the image screenshoto_O

11. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    DO NOT SHARE LINK(s) TO PIRATED DOWNLOADABLE CONTENTS OR MISGUIDING TO PIRATED SOURCES PLEASE

12. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    You did not shared any link(s) but..... you are providing the correct keywords.;)

The topic is about Denuvo Anti Tamper v/s Crackers...and how games evolving during launch.

The Title of the post :
    Denuvo DRM's Latest Version 5.2 Cracked, Could Spell Trouble for AAA games
    Please do not make this topic an "issue"..., guru.

Friend, why are you angry unnecessarily? Just asked to remove the screenshot (policies and politeness).

13. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    pretty sure you supplied the correct key words in your initial post.

14. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    "DO NOT SHARE LINK(s) TO PIRATED DOWNLOADABLE CONTENTS OR MISGUIDING TO PIRATED SOURCES PLEASE" but give them the needed information to google it !
    Name of the game + name of the group who cracked it + google = Pirated software link
    So if you really whant to protect those compagny,dont share the information,cause people gone look for it .
    A week before nobody knows Fuckdrm,but by now !!!

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh once games have been cracked they publishers just need to remove denuvo from the game. it dont stop the pirates and for most part only effect the person that actual buy the game

Caesar, lucidus and cerebus23 like this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I really don't get any of this drama regarding Denuvo. Publisher wanna protect their game from people who didn't bought it? Fine with me.

Any comment regarding Denuvo deteriorating performance is pure fantasm. We see a lot of threads on social media, reddit, regarding Denuvo, but i really don't know why general consumer care about this?! (does he?) Or maybe it's just a vocal minority shouting about it in social media.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    with shadow of the tomb raider and assassin s creed odyssey already cracked, i can see it is gonna be trouble for aaa titles

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They should use whatever the makers of Handball 17 used. Those guys must be billionaires by now, not a single lost sale :p

19. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    As long as you don't know about PC gaming in a wide spectrum you shouldn't talk. DENUVO is deteriorating performance in mediocre gaming systems with visible loss. With higher end ones you can't see this. Don't defend trash coding of DRMs.

OK master racer? :)

My pirated copies of ACOrigins and ACOdyssey are smoother with higher fps and not a sign of stutter or loading NPCs or textures. I regret giving my money to ubisoft for gold and ultimate versions of these shitholes. They force users to upgrade.

geronimo666 likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I know I'm kinda disappointed in my gold edition of AC:Origins as well. I downloaded the scene release, liked it, and bought it in a sale but only got stuttery cut scenes as a thank you. The scene release was perfectly fine on the other hand. [Yes I know they're bypasses]

Then there's other weird sh1t like injustice 2 where the crackers gave out detailed technical info about certain characters and moves causing performance problems thanks to this pos. I have the game in steam so no chance of bad cracks causing trouble. Oh and it randomly crashes to desktop. A simple UE3 fighter. I wonder what changed over MK:X?

Shadow of War also would always stutter if you did certain actions like investigate a captain's whereabouts.

I still buy games I really like but at a heavy discount or via grey market sites (where they end up losing more lol) but I'm not gonna get sentimental about supporting the devs or whatever if they don't have any problems screwing us over with heavy DRM (4-5 layers, really?), unwanted clients or sign ups, data harvesting, and abandoned games (FU square for Nier Automata).

ShadowDuke, cerebus23 and warlord like this.