1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denuvo Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., Dec 27, 2018.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    All game developers should see this video.

Especially UBIsoft, I think Steep would run better without Denuvo as well..

Dragam1337, Keitosha and cerebus23 like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    What a trolling. You should realize that's a conspiracy lie with denuvo thing right? Either performance or dying SSDs. Especially when you realize patches that remove Denuvo, also introduce several fixes. I'll pass. Don't even worth my time to watch that video, I don't tolerate piracy and freebies.

BangTail likes this.
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    lol not really,

And based on your reply I suggest you should really check the video, only deusEx had crack, others were legit and he specifically said he tested right before and after the removal, same version and everything.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Duke Nil likes this.

5. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti SEA HAWK
    Awww fooey :oops: there's no recourse to zero tolerance! So I'm ...eating apple slices... :rolleyes:

6. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I didn't see anything major here except rime.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Idk almost every test had better minimum fps without it. I didn't care about load times though.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so denuvo is why deus ex md has such long load times

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
  10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    What a ignorance!

Some of the performance differences are so large, and this make sense because Denuvo implementation introduces overhead. Especially if they use more layers of Denuvo, like for example Ubisoft.

Can Çeralp likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's interesting to actually see the difference denuvo makes... especially to load times.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah the main gripe I had was the startup time, I know the functions can run during load times but I wasn't expecting a measurable difference in how long they would take with an without, interesting. :)

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    From what I've seen, game developers don't have a say in this. In the majority of cases, it's a requirement by the publisher. And the publisher does not care about any of this performance nonsense. They only care about a rising line on a graph that represents money.

The developer of the game will almost never say anything against the publisher (the studio might belong to the publisher, or if not, they don't want to burn any bridges,) so sometimes it can appear like they're the ones that support this.

The only thing people can do to stop this is not buy the games. But let's face it, most people don't care. And some of those who do care are mostly only complaining but will buy the game anyway.

cerebus23 and -Tj- like this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Guess I should have said publishers then :)

But greed is another thing.. although I own a few denuvo games and never saw any negative impact or at least I think.. guess it all depends how whole game engine is designed and if it's highly single threaded or CPU bound then it would run better without it for sure.

15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    People have a life. I can't stop living by waiting DRM-free games or piracy. Denuvo or whatever I don't care to pay the price either coins or performance. As long as I love the game, I will do anything to play it and both support DRM companies and Publishers/Devs altogether.

It's like suggesting buying a new car or even use an old one without paying registration fees and/or vehicle insurance. Not happening.

16. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    If there is a correlation between game performance and drm I'll take the game performance.
    Unfortunately, game developers see the $ before load time for user.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if i gotta put up with denuvo then a game better be a 9 ish game and on sale generally before i touch it.

and i will always argue that at some point denuvo should be removed. i do not like it, pirates either nuke it or spoof it, so bfd. after a year or so where even the best denuvo offers, where a game is usually cracked by someone, denuvo should flat out be patched out of every retail game.

cyberpunk 2077 only game i will throw money at cdpr buy it on gog because they get all the $$ for my sale, and no drm zero, they know people going to pirate their game especially the DRM free gog version. And they know they have to make a game that is so good that those pirates are going to buy the game they pirated for free at some point, and many of them do cdprs games have been so solid and they been so pro consumer.

If only EA and activision and blizzard and could take a few notes from CDPR and how they do things. Or lest that shareholders and boards of these places saying hey maybe you idiots ought to try doing what these guys are doing it seems to be working for them, look at that customer loyalty those kind of numbers that EA had 20 25 years ago, and valve. while EA and all the other big publishers lose customers slowly but surely.

18. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    In-game performance seems very similar and differences are too small and random to call them conclusive. Nevertheless I can confirm that loading times are significantly longer with Denuvo.

19. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    More Denuvo shenanigans

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I wouldn't call that shenanigans, performance was very relatively close to each each variant without making any real different or impact.