1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denuvo 6.0 has been cracked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah, but when it comes to real numbers they really don´t know if it was worth the money. Denuvo and pro-denuvo publishers could easily provide numbers to support their case, show us how you are selling so much more now on PC, how now your day 1 sales are so much better, or how your sales tend to take a dive after the crack gets out... but they got nothing that helps their narrative, so they stick to the narrative, to the fallacious wishful thinking.

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    They sell blood&gore for paying denuvo... They could sell it just for a nominal 0.01$£€ price for avoiding 18+ ratings...

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    Make better games. Release demos. Bring back code wheels. Quit punishing the people who paid.

4. Stairmand

Stairmand Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GRTX2080 ti
    No, just no. Code wheels were terrible then and worse now.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    I miss the detailed elaborate manuals and work of art some games used but finding word # on page # yeah that I'll gladly use a patch to skip.
    For Denuvo here I hope to see a full removal eventually and not just these little bypasses though I suppose short of a game getting a actual patch and removing the D that way it's not happening and it still hampers things like startup and loading times to varying degrees.

6. alpha007org

alpha007org Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3
    F1 2018 Original DRM (I don't know which DRM they use) have substantially longer load times then pirate version. I have both on same SSD. Both are same the version number of the game. First you notice longer start of the game. At least 1.5x longer maybe even close to 2x. Then loading at various times during the game like start race or pausing mid-race. I have disabled Steam overlay and "go offline" but pirated version still outperforms bought one.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Denuvo in general raises IO/Loading times.

when two point hospital had it removed it was much faster.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    There is even an EU study that found it has zero impact and can actually even help game sales, but decision making people are just obtuse I guess. They think that everyone is a pirate and therefore they pay large sums of money to basically annoy their customers.

9. Venix

Venix Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    He is not testing cracked versions but rather the games that had the denuvo removed by the developers .
    Th denuvo impact varies from small to "wtf" levels

airbud7 likes this.
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Wait, people are still pirating games, somewhat quaint thing to still be doing. lol

11. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Member Guru

GPU:
    GT 555M 1GB
    If the game is good, like Witcher, even without DRM, it will hit record sales. If it's bad, like every ubisoft game, drm won't help. If someone can't afford to drop a 60 on a title, he just won't play it if it can't be cracked.

12. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    I pirated games a lot in the past (unemployed times), but 99% of them was deleted in an hour or two. The rest 1% of the games I bought.
    Today I watch games what I'm interested in on twitch and if I like them, I buy them (preferably on a site where developer get the most money).
    Watching someone playing it replace my need to try the demo of the game (and as we know not a lot of game demos are released these days).

13. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    Denuvo games are all x64 releases, when Denuvo hit the scene all disassemblers and cracking tools were x86 and were unable to see what was going on. When tools used by the scene were ported to x64 Denuvo fell a few months later. The part that mattered most was having the tools for the job.

386SX likes this.
  14. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That's pretty much the gist of it.

Pirates aren't to blame for the proliferation of DRM, the idea that every pirated game equals a lost sale is.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    its the excuse they use none the less I started "pirating" games when PC demos of games pretty much disappeared. if the games sucked I deleted it never thought twice about it if it was good I bought it.

I still cant access my copy of crysis cause of the DRM on it had 5 install limited, that was supposed to uninstalled and de authorized so as i could keep install it, didnt find that out till i was locked out cause I usual just formatted the pc and reinstalled it and it show it as new different pc each time... and I still locked out of it and i bought that game. so yes this drm crap is more issue of people that buy the same games.