Dell sued after man breaks computer looking for cookies

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by DaShoota, Sep 16, 2009.

1. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Ok ... but looking for cookies INSIDE your computer tower/box, then suing the maker of the box (which is no way affiliated with the naming of web cookies) is just plain kanye!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    A lady was awarded $5 million US because she "spilled" hot coffee on her lap while driving. She claimed that there was no indication that the coffee she purchased from McDonalds was hot. She also claimed that she had no reason to believe that the coffee was hot because the cup was not marked in such a manor as to make that apparent. I don't know about you, but last time I checked...if you ordered "Coffee" and saw steam rolling off the top of the cup....that's usually a good enough indicator that it's HOT!!!

How about the man that tried to sue McDonalds because his son was 200lbs at the age of 12? The mother left, the father got custody. The father didn't know how to cook and was too lazy to take cooking classes. Instead of learning to cook he took his son to McDonalds for breakfast and dinner 7 days a week....that's 14 meals a week at McDonalds!!!! He thought McDonalds should pay him $5 million US because HE chose their food over learning to cook....

Let's face it...most Americans are very similar to the EU. Too stupid for anyone's own good and all too willing to go to court to prove it.

lol...nice one.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  3. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    urban dictionary?

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    This is why we need forced abortion.

5. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    The awful part is that it is completely believable. People have realized that they can benefit from their own ignorance and stupidity. In that respect, they're simply doing the easiest thing to get the most reward out of it. That, and with situations similar to this story, they use their own fumblings and blame it on others. It goes beyond this though, to the point where any act is somehow justifiable because of 'ignorance,' 'poor decisions,' and 'lack of forethought.' It's to the point where I'm waiting for the case to go through where the murderer is up on stand and says, "But I didn't know murdering him would kill him!"

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Case here, girl said she didn't know it was illegal to sell a baby for drugs.

Another girl went to work, left her newborn baby at home alone because she didn't want to wake the baby up....baby wasn't even sleeping. The baby was dead because the parents stopped feeding it, because it kept spitting up.

Stupidity/Ignorance seems to have become an excuse for just about everything.

7. DaShoota

DaShoota Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD4850
    Okay yeah, the story is fake. The entire website is one of those satire journalism websites. They have a cover story of making a "Ghost" sequel starring the late Pat Swayze (get it, lol).

The fact that this article is believable shows the current state of our society.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Well, considering trends over the last decade. I'd say lawsuits have surpassed Baseball as our "national past-time". People are more willing to sue someone, than they are to watch baseball these days...

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    [​IMG]

I remembered that pic when i was reading this lol. :D

10. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Gotta be fake

11. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    It's fake but the thought of it could be real say something about the society.

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    [​IMG]

the source website is bullcrap

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    got cookies? [​IMG]

14. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Can people get any more STUPID??? :knock:

15. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Good one. :bigsmile: :banana:

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    and birth control. Only people with a certain amount of "common sense" should be allowed to reproduce xD

17. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    It seems stupid people tend to be pretty prolific reproducers too. Gads!

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Only in America.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Thats my gf ****ed then LOL

20. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    FAKE.

If that beige-box computer is newer than 1998, I'll eat MY computer's cookies!

(the no-name CRT monitor, the big IBM on the beige front bezel, and the Win'98 sticker on whatever that piece is (more than likely another part of the front bezel) are pretty good indicators that this is no recent machine, let alone that the pix clearly show at least 2 different monitorsPC-100 (or ?) memory...and I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple ISA slots under the wreckage on the right-side of the motherboard. - Add this all up, and it's obvious it's not a Dell to begin with.

(really, this post was for those that were genuinely asking if this were true...you've got to know that someone just made this up the other day, using pictures from an antiquated computer to illustrate the guy's frustration, IF it really happened - which isn't beyond doubt, there are *many* people that aren't that experienced with computers - Hell, even here at Guru3D, I often wonder how some of the people that post here even found the webpage, let alone remembered to tie their ***** in the morning!) ;)

Psychlone