Dell s2716dg

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by glozinic, Aug 8, 2017.

1. glozinic

glozinic New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Hello
    I'm currently looking for a new monitor. This Dell model has caught my eye.
    Only downside, as I see it, is TN but after watching some reviews, it looks like it can be calibrated very well to look almost as an IPS. Link to review ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT6HOJzKj08

Now, I could get one for 420 euros brand new (without VAT).
    On my Croatian forum they said I wouldn't be very rational to go from IPS to TN because I'm currently on an 27'' IPS display(LG M2752).
    On the other hand, I would like to jump to 144hz, 1440p, gsync. I couldn't find any other option for 420 euros with such good reviews. My budget is around 450 euros. I would like to hear your opinions.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I'm in the same boat as you (have been for years now). I have an ancient, yet still very good image quality wise Dell U2711 IPS. Going from IPS after so many years back to a TN sounds off to me too, but every 1440p/144hz/g-sync IPS monitor is insanely expensive especially with all the quality control issues and the lottery you have to go trough. At least S2716DG is TN, so it should be "safer", and has Dell excellent warranty...

So yes, the S2716DG is pretty much the best price/performance g-sync monitor at 1440p out now, and I'm really considering it. It would be best though, if you could actually see it at a store (tough, I know).

3. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    yeah it's this or samsung 27 inch CHG70. It's 1440p, 144hz, amva with fantastic contrast and qled. But it does not have gsync... and no matter what card You have, not every games will run at constant 144hz

4. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 SC ACX
    I'm tempted by the S2716DG or possibly the Asus PG278Q

I'm just keeping a look out for a good deal for either and I may retire my trusted U2711!

I'd rather have 144hz, gsync & 1440p if it means witching to a decent TN to keep the costs sensible..