Dell nears buyout

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Through the mazes of Reuters it becomes more and more clear that Dell is nearing an agreement to sell itself to a buyout consortium led by its founder and Chief Executive Michael Dell and private equi...

Dell nears buyout

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
  3. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I really do wish Dell would stop changing parts in the same model of their PC's, it really does drive me round the bend with imaging everytime they change the components.

The OptiPlex 390 was a commercial flop and rebranded as an OptiPlex 3010. Thanks Dell...could you release a new OptiPlex 380? Hint...

4. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Why people buy this branded PC's i have no idea !!! Dell, HP, Fujitsu they make good laptops and server products. Don't buy branded desktops it's not worth it. Desktops are made to be build by you that's the beauty.

5. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    i like building servers too :)

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX

Desktops/workstations and the associated server back office solutions are a multibillion $ market.

The home market ain't bad, either.

Geeky gamers and benchmarkers are not really of any concern to dell, hp, IBM, Fujitsu etc.

We are a dying breed, and I actually look forward to the day when cloud computing and gaming are mainstream, as then I won't need to upgrade to get the best gaming and/or computing power - ill just need a monitor and HID's.

Screw desktops. Too expensive and they have a shelf life worsen than a box of doughnuts.

This is why people buy from retailers and online from dell and, probably apple too.