Deepcool releases 136mm ARGB top flow CPU cooler

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thus 15 USD Top-flow CPU cooler with a 136mm fan has addressable RGB LEDs in the shape of a ring on the front. The "UL551" is an Intel-only model, and the "UD551" is an AMD-on...

Deepcool releases 136mm ARGB top flow CPU cooler

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    All that fan with such a weak heatsink. Basically intels i5 coolers but black and huge fan. MEH.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    why would anyone release a HSF like this? let alone anyone buy that HS isnt gone disppate heat for anymore modern CPU less it is mobile cpu, i mean granted the fan is actual pretty big and bound to do much better job of cooling then the stock intel/amd fan but still?

I curious review of this? just how good is this at cooling? I would not even pay 15$ for fan of this type. just way to small to be effective atlest to my standards. i would love HSF this small that performance on the level of some of noctua coolers though. special at that prices, cause it drive prices down.

4. Vmhasegawa

Vmhasegawa Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8gb
    The Wraith which is in theory AMD's best stock cooler uses a 92mm fan. But it uses a copper base and heatpipes to help distribute the heat along the fins, this one doesn't seem to have even that copper slug that the stock Intel cooler has/had, it seems like it's all aluminium (or aluminum, whatever). Would be interesting to see if it can at least outperform those stock coolers, maybe for more silent operation and similar temperatures, even though it seems like heat output from those new CPU's don't seem to be going down.
    I guess it's all up to pricing, but pretty sure that's not going to be a super cheap one, giving the fan size they used.

5. Nictron

Nictron Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    Looks like OEM builders might adopt this as a "slightly better/flashier" version of the traditional intel cooler.