December 2020 Guru3D Contest Winner Announcements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2021.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea that's a sweet prize!

Airbud and XenthorX like this.
  2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    It's great to see some Gurus are already enjoying their prizes, boy it was quick! :eek:

Few days ago had a pleasure to meet, not in personal but on the phone, one of the Gurus here in my country who already got his beastie-prize few days ago, in his case shipping via DHL was super-fast, no customs charges (this is almost beyond impossible in our country), sweet.

Later this day will get back here with quick update about shipping progress of Guru3D/Deepcool contest prizes for bunch of kids around me waiting for those. Initial pile of boxes/prizes even got bigger (I'll explain later), I'm nothing but blown away :) Guess DHL guy who's going to deliver all this few days from now is gonna ask me after unloading all these boxes: "...ouch, my back!... dude... not sure what is going on here but either you got lucky somehow... or "you realy got lucky few nights ago" and this pile pile of boxes here is the result of those late night efforts of yours..." :D

Can't remember last time I was so exited about some unexpected gift/prize coming my way, probably since my teen days... OK, there were lots of "certain late-night-prize-is-coming-your-way situations" back in the days, you know what I mean :D but that doesn't counts. Guess it's the fact I'm gonna forward all these prizes to total of 4 kids, hope they are going to appreciate all these gifts like I do.

edit
    Just kidding, there is no such thing as "quick update" in my dictionary lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You know you can upload images in the forums right? But congratz man, looking good !

XenthorX likes this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Damn, didn't realize we could :oops: Guess i learnt something new today.
    Thanks !

jbscotchman and Airbud like this.

5. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
  8. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    Thank you. The luck is even greater considering crazy GPU prices & shortages. . .

Maybe, but I'm pretty happy with my 1200p IPS ;)

XenthorX and Airbud like this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just got the K100 keyboard hooked up, damn this thing is built like a tank! Now I just gotta figure out how to control all these lights.

10. Airbud

Airbud Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1060
    Video

CrazY_Milojko and jbscotchman like this.

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

CrazY_Milojko, Airbud and jbscotchman like this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea they really did go all out on this thing. Easily the most comfortable keyboard I've ever used, and the memory foam rest feels great. It was fun playing around with all the different color settings but in the end I really just like the simple all white background.

keyboard1.jpg

XenthorX, CrazY_Milojko and Airbud like this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    There's lots of color profiles you can download, i use the 'static rainbow'.

Airbud and jbscotchman like this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The color combinations are endless and I love showing them off to my non gamer friends. Gotta say thanks once again to HH, Corsair, and everyone at guru3d. I really do appreciate this prize.

My favorite feature of this keyboard? The metal wheel that adjusts the volume.

Airbud, CrazY_Milojko and m4dn355 like this.
  15. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    "Quick update" about what's happening on my side...

Earlier today Mandy from Deepcol marketing e-mailed me about DHL tracking number, we could expect everything to be shipped to our doorstep earlier next week, YES!

Mandy from Deepcool was, still is, very helpful since day one. She contacted me immediately by e-mail to arrange shipping and after joint conclusion it's going to be a bit dificult and ("thanks" to customs service of my country and total size of the package) probably very costly on my side (customs charges) to do shipping directly from China we decided to go different route. She tried to find closest Europen e-retailer willing to do shipping to Serbia. Amazon.de wasn't willing to do shipping to Serbia, she found german Alternate.de willing to do that via DHL. The ony problem was only half of the Deepcool products from the Guru3D December 2020 contest prize list were available on Alternate.de stock: CL500 case and MF120 GT fan kit were on stock, but AIO Castle 360EX RGB and PSU DQ850-M-V2L were not. So I had a choice in front of me to either choose other Deepcool products atm available from Alternate.de stock in total value of 360EX RGB + DQ850-M-V2L or to take the money. This time I'm not interested in money, already told to the kids that I'm one of the lucky winners of Guru3D December 2020 contest (they were suspicious at first) and now kids are expecting prizes, nothing mode - nothing less, either prizes or it's gonna be: "...dad, you're a lier, you won nothing!..." :D Had no doubt what should I have to do: choose other Deepcool product as a replacement. So one day after the work, tired like a horse, I had to sit down with 3+1 kids to do some "negotiations" who is going to get what Deepcool product from Alternate.de. After (at least for me, kids were having fun as far as I can tell) exhausting almost 3 hours of "me vs 4 kids negotiations" we found the solution so that all of the kids (just ot be clear: "only" 3 kids are my own, 4th kid is one cute 6 y.o. girl, I'm her godfather) would get something to refresh their gaming PCs: either brand new parts from Deepcool or used (and in our case always well maintained) PC stuff pulled from one of the other PCs after the upgrade. At the end all of them were happy about the presents so as I, tbh most happiness on my side that night came from the fact that "God damn f..ink war was finally over!!!" :D

To be continued...

edit
    Initial pile od Deepcool products now it's even bigger due to replacement prizes, will post pics here when everything get to us.

jura11, HandR, XenthorX and 3 others like this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That was a lot to take in lol :p

Hey, glad to see a fellow guru win something that's put to good use.

myman.gif

XenthorX and Airbud like this.
  17. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Our package with Guru3D/Deepcool prizes today has arrived to our country. Guess it has arrived probably 5, 6 days earlier (sent from Germany on 23.01.2021) but our postal service in charge for sorting packages is a bit slow. Atm it's prepared to be sent to customs check... package size of a old style 100cm CRT TV, total weight 24Kg... we'll see what's gonna happen next. Fingers crossed...

18. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Just got a call from a employee at the local post office, friend of mine, he noticed a package with my name on it and called me at the office to ask if he can bring it there or to take it to the my home. At the end almost forgot to ask him how much I need pay for the transport... He scrolled through the list... "..let me see... oh, there are customs expenses here, around €150..." :eek: Me: "ouch... leave it there for a while..."

Going to contact Mandy from Deepcool to see if they can do something.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  19. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    Even though the package is DDP (all duties paid) customs vultures are always trying to rip us off by default :mad:

20. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Package 1/2 of joint Guru3D & Deepcool prizes received yesterday. Past 10 days I had a hard battle with Serbia's customs office about these prizes, short explanation on my side: they've smelled the money ...and two days ago I've decided just not to waste any more of my time and nerves, pay the bastards whatever they want (almost €150 for this 1st package) and make my kids and my godchild happy, it's all that matters.

Package 2/2 with few more Deepcool products/prizes is to be expected to arrive late next week, guess at customs office they'll gonna charge me for that one too, my guess another €20 ~ €30, whish those thefts at customs office to spend all those money on... let me think... diarrhea medications should be OK :p

I'll explain more about this "unaivodable customs expences" situation in days that comes, just to make sure no other Guru3D member (at least in my country) doesn't get into the same situation like I did. It's was not the Guru3D or Deepcool's fault, it's nothing more than a greed of those people working in a customs office of my country.

Enough of this... few deep breaths... good vibes... no more negative thought about those F#%KING CUSTOMS OFFICERS!!! :mad: ... OK, OK, I'm relaxed, I'm relaxed...I'm fine... aaaaaaand here are few pics for today, more detailed pics to come when I start re-packing total of 4 kids PCs with all this Deepcool prizes.

Package 1/2, one of my laptops near the package is just for size comparison, boy it's huge and heavy! (here and there I hear those words, don't ask me where :rolleyes: )

IMG_1702.JPG

Inside of package 1/2 with our belowed dog Meda on the top of Deepcool CL500 box, she is 10 years old lady, quite old but perfectly healthy, happy and speedy little devil with wonderful personality, we adore her, she's our 4th child.

IMG_1713.JPG

I'm going to provide a full list of Deepcool products we've received thanks to Guru3D @Hilbert Hagedoorn and Deepcool (huge thanks to Mandy Xu, marketing manager @ Deepcool, more about this golden lady in one of future posts here) when Deepcool package 2/2 arrives late next week, I hope so.

This is all for now, more pics to come when I get more time to work on this... see ya!

m4dn355, Airbud, jura11 and 2 others like this.