Debate: 6800Ultra or 7600GT??

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by OCZSpeedJunky, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ciento44

ciento44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus v9999 GE @444/1240 (16x1, 6vp)
    It's obsolete, because it was marketed as a top end card. It's not longer in that spot, and the new replacement blows it out of the water. Obsolete in the graphics world isn't measured in useability.

2. Hitec004

Hitec004 Banned

GPU:
    **XFX nVidia GF 7800GT 256 GDDR3**
    well... OCZSPEEDJUNKY what's your decision?? are you still confused ..
    I hate that situation cause I was in it when I want it to buy my GT and back thier in was between the GS68 and the GT78 it was tough !!
    and are your OCZ memory for sale??

3. OCZSpeedJunky

OCZSpeedJunky Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x MSI GTX465 SLI'd
    Gpu

Yea, I decided bud. Thanks for your opinions and input guys. Though I am extremely tempted to see what I can do with the 6800 Ultra I found, I think I am gonna go with the 7600GT SLI setup. Just gotta decide between 2 cards now. Havw always had great luck and performance with Leadtek Winfast cards, but they have yet to release a 7600 GT TDH Extreme, all they have at the moment is the 7600 GT TDH, which is currently still running stock core speeds, but, for only $189. Could always overclock it myself, since I know the Leadtek card should overclock nicely as the one I have has been a great overclocker(phrozin is very familiar with the card I run and he has gotten insane clocks with the same card), so I may do that. Or, the other I am debating on is the eVGA 7600GT Superclocked Edition, which is already at 600/1560. I'll have to do a little checking and see which one has the faster memory on it, as I have seen some cards with 1.6ns & others with 1.4ns. The eVGA is only $40 more, so no biggy in price difference. As soon as I get the SLI's set I'll post some scores for ya, since I know pretty much all of you are running 7900 series cards, haven't seen a 7600 anywhere here yet lol So, already got one card paid for, so next week I'll take care of the other and get it goin'. Think I am gonna also get the 6800XT cards too(only $200 for 6800XT SLI setup), since it is cheap as hell right now at NewEgg, and I need something else to tinker with. Just wish someone would make the 7600's a 256mb/256bit card. But oh well. Thanks guys. Yap atcha later. :givebeer:

Leadtek 7600GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122245

eVGA 7600GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130284

Hitec: I'm not sure bud if I am gonna sell my OCZ Plat. sticks or not. They are excellent overclocking sticks, so I might just hang onto them. Just thinking about getting some DDR500 to tinker with for benchmarks & overclocking. You can get these same sticks right now on NewEgg for less than $200, though they may not overclock worth a **** since all sets are different. If I decide to sell them I'll let ya know. But right now I'm concentrating on my CPU, video card, and adding different equiptment to my watercooling system.