DEATHLOOP [Arkane Studios]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    In a sense, Arkane already has a sort of Groundhog Day-type of game in their portfolio with Prey: Mooncrash. Clearly, that and Deathloop appear to have significant differences, but Mooncrash may have served as something of an inspiration for this. Maybe not...

Since Prey and all three of the Dishonored games and DLC provided quite a bit of good entertainment for me, I'm hoping this would prove to be a similar experience. But, I must agree with Damien_Azreal's reservation about any sort of mandatory PVP aspect. I'd prefer not to have, say, an hour and 20 minutes of immersive single-player game-play suddenly go sideways with some stranger crashin' the party. So, for me, that "multiplayer invasion element" really does need to be "completely optional."

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It is optional.

They've already said it can be turned off, and you can play the game entirely in a more standard, single player experience.

3. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    I took note that Arkane's artists have, at last, decided that their female characters can wear what appears to be a dress, in some instances. I may well be mistaken, but I can't recall a single example of a female throughout all of Dishonored or Prey wearing anything other than trousers or some sort of leggings. Not even a young Emily Kaldwin.

Don't be concerned, gentlemen. I'm not going there. It's just an observation; I was always fine with the art design of Arkane's earlier games.

The trailers seem a bit harsh. Not for the violence; some of Dishonored's trailers were at least as bloody as the Deathloop collection. It's the profanity. Yes, we're all adults and all that, but I don't see how this adds any meaningful appeal to the game.

It's also not lost on me that I'm elevating criticism of language over bloodshed. Gonna need to ponder a bit about that...

4. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Arkane Studios... They been around for quite some time, remember Dark Messiah, Might and Magic, Good to see they are still around these days, their Dishonered series is quite good.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Dishonored is great i've enjoyed all three of them in the series but every other game lately from the studio was average at best.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    In a perfect world they would make Arx Fatalis 2...