Death Stranding [early summer 2020 PC]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Package delivery simulator. you vs the environment gameplay.

the game looks beautiful and i like the contrast between the generic barren human structures and the overgrown reclaimed world.

yea i dunno if this will hold me over a 30 50 hour game that loop but certainly intrigued enough to play it on pc at some point.

if your a pew pew cod kiddy yea this not a game aiming for that demo i imagine :p.

Kojima biggest knock via "gamers" is he made interactive movies. so you had 45 minutes of gameplay inside a 3 hour cgi movie.

then he gets mgs5 the first open world mgs trying to tell a story, games fubard konami will not even allow kojima inside the studios to work on the game he has to pass notes based on his assistance's notes. large parts of the game have to be scrapped because kojima was taking too long, sure the working conditions had NOTHING to do with that thought at all konami.

for better of worse death stranding is kojima unchained. and this time he does not have a publisher treating him like the enemy. can he tell a cohesive narrative and a good core story inside this game? some think he has others dont. one plus for kojima is he produces games and work something he has been accused of not being good at, or dragging his feet on. this game sure came out fast. shrug.

2. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    IGN review seems pretty legit. No spoilers, focuses on gameplay mechanics... But yeah, it looks like most of my concerns about this game have materialized :)

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ign usa gave it a 6.something every other ign outlest gave it 8 or 9s.

confirmation bias? most outlets scoring in the 8 to 9 area seems the more legit take is it is a very good game not a barely good game.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's IGN USA... unless paid for scores are usually low.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    and its a clickbait outlier designed to get fanboys riled.

6. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    You mean like Gamespot? "It's a game that requires patience, compassion and love" - 9/10 :) Yes, I guess... if you have such patience to do these fetch quests all day with a BB on your chest and broken fast travel, it's a game for you. But honestly I don't understand what is going on with some game designers these days... They should have their heads checked.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    If you are a Metal Gear fan you know what's up... Yoji Shinkawa doing the good stuff.

[​IMG]

XenthorX, MerolaC, Keitosha and 2 others like this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I'm not sold at all on this game yet.

9. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    [​IMG]

KissSh0t likes this.
  10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    While I do agree with a fair amount of the comment that you are responding to with this above quoted comment I have to say that was some funny sh*t dude. Nice one!

'and yes, that's a ghost detecting baby strapped to his chest'

annnnnddd I am out! Nope sorry Kojima we put up with enough of THIS cr*p with the MGS series their is no way I am suspending disbelief to allow ghost detecting babies to be a thing.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    emperorsfist likes this.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    I suspect this game will be a commercial failure. I just don't see the gameplay having any sort of broad appeal.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Reviewers should never go full retard.

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    What if they are revealing full retard?

14. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i'm getting it because it looks like very high end development. that's not saying it's gonna be fun though.:)

15. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I'll also get it on PC just to see that Decima engine in action :) I actually don't care about the game I never enjoyed any Kojima's game.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ little wierd hope you end up liking the game.

how close is decima to the mgs5 engine? they look awfully similar graphically and mechanically. the foxhound? engine in mgs5 was amazing with lighting and environments. and if anything this looks like a more evolved take on the engine.

or did that stay with konami when he was forced out?

17. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Konami kept the Fox engine I believe.

The Decima engine was developed by Sony’s first party studio, Guerrilla Games and was used in Killzone: Shadow Fall, Horizon Zero Dawn and Until Dawn on PS4.

This will be the engines first outing on PC so it’ll be interesting to see how it looks.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Hm. Looks boring. And yes, there seems to be some undeserved hype around Kojima for no apparent reason? That kind of fandom usually happens with people who have done something truly amazing in the past, but I can't find something Kojima has done that qualifies.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Seems MGS and being dumped by a big nasty game developer qualifies.

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    The game seems to be extremely boring so i´m gonna pass it and wait for it to be free on PS plus... Maybe then i´ll give it a go.