Death Stranding [early summer 2020 PC]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Have feeling that if Kojima was still with Konami when developing this game, it would very different. They would not have allowed him unbridled artistic license. I think he considers long drawn out cut scenes as adding sophistication to the game, turning it into part game, part movie. Also think he aspires to be a sci-fi movie director more than a game developer. Because movie directors are cooler and more respected than game authors. But his credentials can only get him financing for games, not movies.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Kojima Productions will be making movies.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    If so, no wonder. I could see it in his overly pretentious style. Any financing for movie projects will have to involve high risk venture capital from those who have a lot of faith in him.

XenthorX likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Kojima will make Half Life 3 confirmed.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Another thing about Kojima, I dont think he understands the concept of pacing.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Kojima might be working with Junji Ito for Kojima Productions next video game, if that becomes a reality you just know it's going to be horror of the scariest magnitude... Junji Ito's manga's are freaky... like really really freaky..

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    You remember this first trailer of Silent Hills? It was beyond freaky. A stuff of nightmares. I think they will get along just fine. :D

cerebus23, -Tj- and KissSh0t like this.
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Omg, that was so frickin intense, didnt see this yet.. shame it got canceled. Imo it would be no1 horror survival game

Undying likes this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    kojima needs an editor, and a writer to help tie dialogue together.

i think he is molyneux like in he has amazing ideas and vision but he gets lost in his weeds too much, not to the scale of PM he is one of the worst at building stuff in his head and making the entire company suffer for it.

you may rightly point out that kojima has made weaker and stronger games, but even when konami would not allow him in the studios at all while trying to make mgs5 a decent game still managed to come out of that incomplete as it is.

And the mechanical play of kojima games is second to none. he nails mechanics most of the time.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Junji has said the comment was said out of context, they didn't have any meeting.
    Just a comment said in passing at a party they were both at.
    https://twitter.com/junjiitofficial/status/1287655095379755008

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I stopped playing the game for 6-7 days and picked it back up. Damm the game is not desirable or fun at all to play ,oh well on the bright side I been playing the Darksiders games like crazy.
    One thing I can say outdoors in certain areas the game looks like real life at times.

12. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    Nobody is having performance issues? RX470 here.

Alt tab usually fix it for a while... Already have tried: vsync on/off, windowed/fullscreen, Antilag, Enhanced Sync, RIS, disable all overclock (CPU, memory and GPU), close every application, new and old drivers, etc.

Ryzen 2600, RX470, 2x8GB 3000Mhz.

13. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    I noticed the game has become much more cpu limited after the opening section. With a 3600 I was getting >140fps, now not much more than 100fps. Digital Foundry seemed to test with that opening part of the game so perhaps this is normal. I will test to see if alt-tabbing does anything.

14. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XCUltra
    Not sure what the problem is here - you're locked at 60fps so gpu usage is low because it doesnt need to be at 100%.

15. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Does there happen to be a way to get into the Central Region without doing all or most of the story in the first map? So I can explore around in the central map. Like if you can do something in the private room or elsewhere in the big port city in the eastern map to trigger access to the next map without doing all the regular objectives.

16. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Graphics wise this game is outstanding, gameplay wise, well I'm not very far but like it thus far.
    It's something completely different, fresh and out-of-the-box.
    Story seems pretty straight forward at first.

17. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-RTX-2Ghz/15Ghz
    DEATH STRANDING UPDATE PATCH (v1.02) IS NOW LIVE

- Key assignments for Use/Dismount Vehicle can now be set separately to “Perform Action” and “In Vehicle”. You can now set different keys for getting on and off a vehicle.
    - When restarting the game after changing key assignments, some key assignments were reverted. This issue has now been fixed.
    - Other stability improvements and general bug fixes are included.
    - Fixed an issue where frame rate dropped when using Steam Input.

18. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    Are you was not able to see the frametime like rollercoster and atl tab fixing it?

19. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SOLD!
    Yeah, I noticed the 40FPS to 60FPS before and after your ALT-TAB - any chance that is a borderless windowed mode?

20. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    Sadly borderless isnt a option on Death Stranding and, yes, Windowed Mode seems to fix it, at least for the most of the times. But sadly windowed mode is not a real option. It looks terrible and destroy the immersion.

I'm playing at 30FPS using Scanline Sync x/2 and now i'm perfect fine. It's sad since GPU usage indicates that 60FPS is perfect possible in my setup. But 30FPS with Scanline Sync is really playable, looks like console at 30FPS.