Dear Hardcore PC Gamer. I would like to know your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by fredgml7, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 6600
    yeah, it's pure greed.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Oh wow! So we were trying to have a conversation about our hobby, like reasonable adults, but someone had to do it and devolve it to hurr, durr, PSMR the best! Guess that one would be you. I also play sometimes on my phone. Would you call me not being a “real” gamer now?

And I get it! I used to be all about having the latest hardware and pushing all the settings to the max, and then tweak them for days, to get the maximum frames/IQ out of my system and games. With age though, I’ve come to realize that my gaming time and fun, does not revolve around graphic effects, as much as just the experience itself. From PS excusives that are just amazing, to just having a quick and seamless multiplayer session with my friends (some of which are only playing on console).

And yes, you (still) have to pay for online play. For me the price of less than one new game a year is pretty reasonable, but with the included games I get every month it is more than reasonable for now. For example, since I got the PS5 on release, I received the PS+ collection of 20 great games and also Control, Maneater, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Greedfall, Destruction All Stars and some other that I’m missing. Oh yeah, one more thing – if I’m to play a multiplayer game, console it is. Destiny 2 on the PC is a hot mess of cheaters, as are so many others...

All that said, let me get back to playing Grim Dawn on my PC:D

fredgml7 likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I dont see how it could remind them of work, unless they work as game testers / reviewers. You sit at the same place, but that's about it for the similarities between my job and me playing games.

I get not wanting to sit behind a screen after doing it all day at work... but then how is it gonna help switching to another screen? When i had enough of being in front of a screen after a long day at work, i go out instead... take a long walk in nature.

And when i do play, which is usually in the weekends, i want the best possible experience... meaning pc.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's exactly at this point that you need to stop, because whatever you're doing has made you unable to empathize with others. It's not about you, it's about others.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Your argument was "There are some people who don't want to play on PC because it reminds them of work" - i replied to that, asking how it can remind them of work, unless they work as game testers / reviewers... which you conveniently ignored.

But you can shove that selfrighteousness up where the sun doesnt shine.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Refer to post 44. Repeat.

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, you could have just post a clarification, or an example of what you meant. I don't understand either.

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Pc was never the best experience. It's just bragging rights and epeen. The paradise to justify your wallet(s).

9. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    Yeah. But that's (best experience) subjective right?