Dead Space Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 22, 2021.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Dead space for me on the ps3 is one of my favourite games of all time the solitude of space and the sound effects also it totally absorbed me but I think the remake might upset my fantastic memories with Isaac talking ect and I got the platinum trophy I loved the game that much and I don't really care for trophies but if you're new to the game I imagine it will be a treat.

2. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Dead Space 1 was a great game and the second one passable. When you have something great in your hands like the first, that is successful in so many ways, how can you enhance it? Gameplay videos of Dead Space Remake - which sounds a bit off by the way since we are talking about more of a remaster perhaps, even if it has distinct changes like the protagonist Isaac talking - has shown me that once again the remake will be the inferior version to play. Why do I think this way? I think the protagonist talking eats away some of the immersion, graphics are too dark and occasionally too colorful, sound has a modern messy mixing with so many boosted frequencies, and there is some added unnecessary gore.
    Others might think differently, but I have really thought about this subject recently, since I happened to start watching a playthrough of Resident Evil 1, the PS1 version, which to my surprise, is overall much better than the highly praised HD remake of it (originally on GameCube). That particular remake of course is way more drastic with many changes to the original game, most obvious being the graphics and voice acting, but there are level design changes and more. Even if the original Resident Evil might be goofy and even cartoony at times, it is more logical and easy to read game which is very important in a title about survival and puzzles with limited saves.

So, before you go crazy about the Dead Space Remake, you should compare it to the original and listen to the audio as an example: Do you think it is really better or just more "flashy"? Do you think completely black corners are an improvement? Do they add to the tension or annoy?
    I write this post due to blind praise on remasters and remakes. Remasters of course are often subtle and true improvements, but remakes, not necessarily. I bet this remake will be fun nonetheless, since I admire the graphical effects, but alas, it doesn't seem to be "the way to experience the game" to me. Respect the source material! Cheers!

serbicu likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Micro Transaction!

Dear EA, you can unlock the rest of my good ideas for 1 small easy payment of $9.99... for the version of my good ideas that includes drawn icons next to the text it will be $19.99

For the possibility of receiving future ideas I have that will be $29.99

If my ideas don't turn out to be popular I will simply slowly reverse out of the room while maintaining eye contact and pretend I never made the ideas in the first place.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    Backstabak likes this.
  4. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    second game was also a blast, third was still very good but overall a lesser game.
    first game was ahead of it's time in some areas.

it's not only the aspects you mentioned in your post. some games deserves a fresh modernization after more than a decade of being released. Dead Space in my opinion is a good choice here. i don't belive focusing on a re-make\re-made is the important issue, the bottom line is comparing the games after finishing both the original and the new version in 2023 and than write a review.

a similar thing happened with the Leg edition of Mass Effect. while a lot of people found mods to give them everything they need, playing the first game in 2021 was rough. the Leg edition solved a lot of that ( modernization ). so judging it only from the aspects you mentioned seems too early and a bit missing the point here.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    When will this be released?

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
  8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    It looks great and I liked the original.
    I am sure at some point I will get it.

9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    After the huge disappointment that was Calisto Protocol, I'm hopping this is a good remaster.
    But this is still EA, so I'll wait for user reviews.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Forgot this was out so soon, going through the original again at present, up to the Leviathan, but now wondering wether to continue on, or to just wait for this now :p

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Wait, it will be worth it. :D

Rich_Guy, Maddness and chispy like this.
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 on H2O
    Eagerly awaiting the release , definitely will play it.

-Tj-, Rich_Guy and Maddness like this.
  13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 on H2O
    It seems a Dead Space movie is on the making as per John Carpenter:

The Dead Space series has been on hiatus for quite a long time, but it's finally making its comeback later this month with a remake of the first entry in the series. And it seems like this won't the last we will see of the survival-horror series, as a movie based on it is apparently in the works.

Complete story and source: https://wccftech.com/a-dead-space-movie-may-be-in-development-john-carpenter-suggests/

Lbuipo and -Tj- like this.
  14. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I don't doubt that remake of second game is already going into pre-prod and if this one sells anywhere close to relatively well, it'll be greenlit to go into full production.
    I don't think EA has any idea how to go forward with the franchise but it's an easy sell to just redo 1 & 2 on a decent engine. Three maybe less unless they'd decide to give it a major overhaul or just an outright reboot.

Maddness and chispy like this.
  15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah may as well, not long to go now, only 2 weeks :D

chispy and -Tj- like this.

16. Hulk12

Hulk12 Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 NEW!
    I adore this new video! <3 :D I remember I played original Dead Space on my old GeForce GTX 480 but we saw low resolution of polygons due to the lack of tessellation (DirectX 9.0c had no tessellation hardware support), the textures little blurred, no fur (no "pure" hair...)... eheheh! lol :)

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 on H2O

Valken, Carfax and OnnA like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC

chispy, Valken and Carfax like this.
  19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Not a huge fan of Sci Fi horrors, but since I missed the original Dead Space, I'm thinking of picking this one up..... mostly for that Frostbyte goodness :D

chispy likes this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Specs for console and PC:

Console players have the option to choose between 2 graphics modes:
    Quality: 30fps at 4K (UHD) resolution with ray-tracing.
    Performance: 60fps with 2K (QHD) with no ray-tracing.

MINIMUM:
    Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor: Ryzen 5 2600x, Core i5 8600
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics: AMD RX 5700, GTX 1070
    DirectX: Version 12
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 50 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
    Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor: Ryzen 5 5600X,Core i5 11600K
    Memory: 16 GB RAM