Dead Space really bad problem.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gazman2k3, Mar 9, 2009.

1. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Hi just wondering if I could get some help with this dead space game,I have had this game for a few months now,and basically everytime I try to play it I run into the same problem,within the first 10 minutes of gameplay right at the start where you just escape from that creature at the start,you go down the lift and grab your first gun,then the problem starts,for some reason I can't get through this one door,like I open the door but the game just won't let me go through it for some reason,it's really anoying,I took a screenshot with fraps to show what door I am talking about.

I have allways had this problem,even with my old Q9550,GTX 280 SLI pc,and now with my core i7 gtx 295 pc,I am still having the same door problem.

Does anyone know how I might actually get through this door so I can keep playing the game,I guess even if someone could get past that door and create a save point for me,I could continue from their save,I just don't know what else to do to get this game working.

This is the door I am talking about.

[​IMG]

And you can see here I am trying to get through what seems like a invisible barrier

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    use x button while aiming at the closing door

it'll slow it down and you'll be able to pass

if it's the same door we are talking about

3. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    I just finished dead space. I can't recall any such problem...When there was a door they didn't want you to go through, they just had it locked.
    When you press "B" (I think it's "B"...) the direction that you are supposed to go in is shown as a blue line on the floor. Try this and see if this is indeed the direction you are supposed to be going in (through the door).

ps-I don't have my saved games anymore

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Did you update your game ? Have you bought or downloaded this game ?

EDIT:

I don't think it's that door. OP said he got Line Gun in that room, so it's just that room where you were supposed to smash/shoot that blue thing (like OP did) at right side of that door, then monster attacks, shoot it and move on, but for some reason he cant get past that door. Stasis door is next problem, heh.

5. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Thanks,but I think you are talking about a different door than the one I am having trouble with,this is the one right at the start that you have to shoot the blue thing on the side.

6. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    ok it's not the door i was talking about then xD

try using a crack for the game (reloaded one)

if you downloaded the game check that you are using Reloaded crack and not some non-scene cracks

btw if you downloaded the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsJyfN0ICU

sorry could not resist lol :D

7. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Yeah that's the thing,the door is wide open,it just won't allow me to go through is the problem,like an invisible barrier,I actually downloaded a completed save file somewhere after hours of googleing for it,problem was the completed save would let you choose what level to play from,I think if I was going to use someones save file,they would have to get through the door and save after that,and then I continue from there,the 100 percent finished save file didn't seem to be any use.

8. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Yeah I bought this game,fully updated,but just won't let me through the door,yeah that's the door I am talking about,the one where I am supposed to smash/shoot that blue thing,that's the other thing,when I open the door for the first time,I don't get the monster coming through at all to attack me.

9. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Thanks for the advice mate,but I have to say,this is not a pirated or cracked game,fully bought,so you are saying the pirated version does this same problem,why would this game be confusing my fully bought copy with a pirated version,doesn't sound fair.

10. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    I am just wondering,would this be a vista 64bit problem,has anyone tried this game with vista 64bit.

11. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    no the pirated version doesn't have this problem but using a fixed exe in many cases can fix strange issues especially when dealing with ea stupid drm

try the reloaded crack (backup your original exe then replace it) and see if it helps

i associate the problem to copyprotection cause invisible walls are usually securom protections, like in the last lotr game->bad crack=securom triggers still active=invisible walls in 2 levels

maybe you are experiencing a securom bug xD

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Vista x64, Server x64 2008... No problems here.

13. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
  14. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    hahahah lol

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, judging from the forums EA doesn't give a s*** about this game. Theres no patch out and doesn't look like there'll be one. Loads of people can't even run this game.

I haven't had any problems so far, but, haven't got round to playing much.

16. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    ok so your saying I should give a reloaded crack a go,how do I go about doing this,is there a reloaded website or something that host this file,it's pretty bad when you have to use a crack on a bought game,I don't know what these companies are thinking when they add these protections,I paid for the game and yet I still need to use a crack on it.

Anyway thanks for your help,I think this might be on the right track to fixing the problem.

I am not sure if I am allowed to ask on here,but if you know of a site that hosts this reloaded file,any chance you could email me the link to starblazerman@gmail.com

17. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Thanks for letting me know,I guess that rules out vista 64bit being the cause then.

18. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    i sent you a mail with the link, hope it helps solving your prob

19. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Thanks a lot for that,I got your email and I am downloading the file now,I am really looking forward to finally being able to play this game.
    I'll let you know how I go with it.

20. gazman2k3

gazman2k3 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 295 QUAD-SLI
    Yeah I have just tested the cracked exe and unfortunately it still didn't fix the problem,thanks anyway I apreciate you going to the trouble,you know I even thought it might of been vsinc causing the problem so I turned that on,but still didn't fix it,just can't get through that door,the door is open but I can't walk through it without this invisible barrier stopping me.

It's so anoying you know,here I am with a bought retail copy,and the game won't allow me to get past that door with or without a crack on it,and it's not even like it's picky with my pc because it did this with my old pc and now with my new totally different system,really strange problem,I don't know what to try next.