Dead Space II PC Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 12, 2010.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    If you mean my screens of the settings menu that's a oversight by me, scrolled all the way up and then all the way down the one setting not visible as it's in the middle is motion blur. :)

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    ****, 480 SLi and 65FPS at that point?...

Looks like I won't be running this maxed out.

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    oh cool, I thought that was also a possibility, thanks for clarifying.

Motion blur actually looked ok in DS1, but it's always good to be able to turn it off so screenshots don't get f-ed up etc.

@Mkilbride

For all you know they are forcing 32csaa. 8aa ( not even 8msaa ) forced through inspector makes dead space go from 300 fps avg and 230 frame min, to about 100 fps avg and 80 frame min.

Switching to 8msaa makes the game run at about 45 frames with a 30 frame min...

From what I've seen people type...if you have a 4890 or better, it will never go under 150 frames maxed at 1080p.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Alright, well, I have a GTX280 so it's around that range, I guess I'll just play 1680 x 1050, no AA, maybe that Edge AA, as I find it acceptable, and try to max out other settings and see fit.

I really can't enjoy a game if it's not a solid 60FPS. Sounds like I exaggerate, but I'm not, and I hate it so much. I don't know why I became like that, but when a game dips below 45FPS, I feel the need to quit and re-adjust every setting.

5. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Don't worry; I'm the same way. If I can't get a 60 frame min or close to it, I just don't play the game. Quite often games are not optimised well so even when you significantly reduce the settings you still can't get a 60 frame min.

You should easily be able to run DS2 with some AA. Just go for 2aa through inspector and it should be fine, the jump is exponential for each new MSAA increment but you should still get 60 frames min. Try it in dead space, fight the last boss with 2aa with the compatability flag, if it doesn't go below say 55....they you will be good for all of DS2 no doubt because as with all newer games, they are usually better optimised too.

When I was talking about DS performance with AA forced I meant on my system, so 32CSAA on 480SLI at 65 frames sounds about right...

6. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    I've got a GTX285 and although I haven't gotten very far into the game at all (not seen any heavy action), I seem to be easily getting frames in the 100's, often upper 100s, at 1920x1200, no AA. Minimum seems to be in the 80-90s.

I did try enabling AA using the nVidia Inspector (0x004030C0) method, but then even at just 4x or 2x, every couple minutes the game just suddenly completely freezes for about 15 seconds or so. It acts as if the game just completely hung, and just when you're thinking of bring up Task Manager to try and kill it, the game suddenly "releases" and starts working again. The ambient lighting also occasionally disappears (everything is dark except when you look directly at light sources) and I have to restart the game to fix it. The AA did look great, and framerate still seemed quite acceptable to me, so kinda bummed about that.

Using the in-game AA option has no effect for me, not sure what's up with that. Yes, I did change the nVidia settings to let the application do what it wants, but to no avail. Don't really care, because I hated that in-game blurry AA effect in DS1 and played without it. Just find it odd that it won't work for me now like it did in DS1.

7. red6joker

red6joker Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    im runnin the game on high settings its running pretty choppy for me :(

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    You need the latest beta driver hotfix or something, other ATI users are saying it is necessary.

9. red6joker

red6joker Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    yea im downloading it now.

10. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    OMG why it doesnt work for me?! I'm not having any at all, it looks freaking dull like you said.

edit: So I just found what caused my shadows disappearing: forcing AA. Anyone can get shadows + AA working on nvidia fine?

11. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    This is through Nvidia inspector? What driver are you using?

EDIT:

I know you can force AA through Inspector, I'm just hoping that it is some freak driver/inspector version glicth that will magically work for me, dead space 2 without AA =:puke2:

12. red6joker

red6joker Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    well im not sure about problems with nvidia cards, i know the v11 hotfix for ATI made my problems better

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    EA has added some interesting necromorph varieties in this game, interesting publicity move or just for shock value it's a bit strange though it's nice they're willing to take risks.

Monsters normally get larger as you progress but things work a bit differently here apparently.
    The unitology church choir kids, random civilians and now exploding babies.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    the screens look awesome!!

ooohhhh aahhhh :)

15. red6joker

red6joker Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    if you played DS1 youd know that there was babies who were turned into necromorphs they seem to have added kids into it this time.

also when i get into a close encounter my screen goes completly white and i just button mash E is anyone else having this problem?

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Ah you're right now that I think about it, the medical wing had some of those for the first time if I remember correctly.

17. red6joker

red6joker Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    i hate those little buggers

18. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Yea... using latest WHQL & Nvidia inspector. I'm using the Dead space 1 trick to have AA in Dead Space 2. However forcing AA this way makes real time shadows disappearing... Anyone else?

I tried forcing on/off and it is really happening.

19. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    here you go:

AA OFF

[​IMG]

AA FORCED

[​IMG]

Edit: 2 more pics

AA OFF

[​IMG]

AA FORCED

[​IMG]

20. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    @Wanny, wow that really sucks, especially seeing as there will likely never be a patch for DS2 just like there wasn't one for DS1...

I doubt any AA override method will magically make them reappear again. The game engine must automatically switch them off when AA is forced...

Fingers crossed for a user fix or ini edit etc.