Dead Space II PC Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 12, 2010.

1. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    I rarely use Torrents now !

As for RS/HF/MU being slow and limited well thats is not true !

Until recently RS was unlimited and that is why they now lost a ton of customers inc myself.

I go to private membership sites where I can trust the files as much as a private membership torrent site I then add the multiple RS/HF/MU links into my DL Mananger and it grabs them all at same time at my full 50Mbit/Sec (Virgin Media).

If its only 1 single link I simply click on it and it opens DL manager without me needing to even see the webpage from RS/HF/MU as this is a setting in the account you make.

I think I pay like £3pm when you break it down because I paid for long term usage.

It is a PIA to seed back torrents now as Virgin Media traffic shape now and calbe has a 10/1 ratio for DL/UL speed.

I am not directly talking about pirating the above game so do not give me warez BS (to anyone here)

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    dead space is £5 on Steam, doesn't seem like my type of game, is it definitely worth a buy?

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    oh definitely yes

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It's a fun game if you enjoy horror / third person shooters with great atmosphere.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Its worth it. I thought it was also not going to be my type of game but it was a solid bit of fun.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I thought it was going to be far too scary for me, but I gritted my teeth, distanced myself and got through it, glad I did.

not to say I didn't scream like a girl a few times though

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    cheers guys, bought it, will give it a whirl when done with some more urgernt titles

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Watching videos of the PC & X360 version, checking out screenshots...it seems 80% of the game is recycled textures from the first! Noises, too. I know it's a console game, but still...I guess thinking they were developing it for two years was to much to ask lol.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If its twice the size of the first game, then that seems highly unlikely.

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, I thought that also. But I have installed it from teh torrent, and it's down to 8-9GB. Why they needed two discs...I will not known... I know Dual Layered DVD's can hold 9GB or so.

It seems the second disc must have just been well...language? THey must have literally recorded voice overs for the 6 different languages, I guess...I can't explain the size. I read it's been padded also, to try to thwart downloaders due to file size...but meh, it's not so bad.

It's about the same size as the first game. More of the same isn't a bad thing, really, but I just felt that it's been two years...alot more work would have been put in, but I guess we'll see once it's cracked / officially released.

It's hard to say though, I mean, it's not like Source where you know it's the same engine and re-used assets, but that I was watching a video earlier and could have sworn it was Dead Space 1...looked like it in pretty much everyway, same weapons, same sounds for stomping, opening up stuff, picking up stuff, and guns. I dunno, it feels like an expansion more than anything. Doesn't have a sequel-esque feeling.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

11. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    DVD9 (Dual Layer) can only hold 7.95GB of your actual burned data, the disk does not let you the user burn 8.5GB to it as it takes up some for its formated file system.

12. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

Hell no~~~~ :cry: textures in DS1 just plain suck!

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Well you can make texture mods for Dead Space, but it would require much effort to redo all of them.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    on steam when i press VIEW PRELOAD INFO nothing happens..restarted steam restarted pc, nothing :(

but it is working on imac bootcamp w7 os..i mean i press view and it shows me pre loading..

15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Ah ok guys, I was right, checking out the inner files, they included video & audio files for each of the 6 languages, which explains more than double the size of the first one...disappointing, but alright.

16. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    So maybe 360 is two disc because of the same reason? that just seems sooo stupid....

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Maybe it is, I'm not sure how the X360's file structure is, or the PS3's, but for the PC at least, they have a folder for each language, with movies in each language in another.

Think of it like The Force Unleashed which was 25-30GB, but mostly language files.

And when installing, you don't even GET an option to de-select some languages...of course unless you use the install_english.bat(custom made for the torrent).

I read the Steam version is about 10GB, so I imagine 7GB of it is movies in other languages / voice overs in other languages. Really rare for them to do voice overs in ALL the different languages.

18. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Well i guess this game is not going to be any longer than the first one.

19. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armour OC GTX1060 6GB
    The reviews seem to say otherwise.

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Probably it is longer. The first Dead Space is 7.38GB installed for me, while this is 9-10GB, and mostly the same assets, so I assume it is longer.