Dead Space II PC Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 12, 2010.

1. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armour OC GTX1060 6GB
    Yes, I think I'll download the torrent and then take my time to complete it and if I like the game then I'll buy it. HAHAHAHAHAH. Sorry, that is seriously funny ****.

2. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Hey, here's an idea... wait until the game is out and then buy the f**king thing!

Using the absense of a demo to justify pirating software is quite lame.

...and what's all this bullsh1t about Torrents being about 'sharing'? It's all about obtaining something free of charge, people don't use Torrents out of the goodness of their hearts... :3eyes:

I for one will not be celebrating your announcement of this game on the Torrent sites because I would like to see it do well after the first one flopped... I guess this one won't sell either now. Thank you. :bang:

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Dead space 1 flopped?

dont think so

4. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    What??? The original PC version of Dead Space is well documented as being a victim of piracy and only sold 40,000 copies at retail... and that is why there was a question markmark over the PC version of Dead Space 2! :3eyes:

Have you been living under a rock?

Edit: I could post links etc but do your own research before posting nonsense.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    There is no crack out yet, so who cares. But it IS lame to not put out a demo and then cry for piracy! Sure I can read reviews to get an ideea but often these are flawed and get payed so I can only tell if a game is any good after I test it out myself.

6. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    There are demos for PS3 and 360, try them to get an idea.

It's like Olorin said at the top of this page, seriously funny to think that people will torrent it, play it, then buy it. Torrents are for piracy, end of story.

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Calm down a little. Not everyone have a console.

Some people actually buy the games after try them. I am against Piracy and pro demos.

8. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    ...and you don't know anyone with a PS3 or 360? :3eyes:

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Not everyone has a pc.

Game sold 1.4 million.

10. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ultra
    If it is going to be a crappy port like the first one, no thank you.
    It wasn't even possible to change movement keys (WASD to arrows). When I complaint to them on the forum my post was deleted. :3eyes:

Victim of piracy? Because it was badly ported console game and that is why no PC owner was willing to buy it. Just check the PC forums. Stupid companies always blame piracy for low sales instead looking at the crappy product they release. Look at Starcraft II, etc.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    hmm just so you know im not a child using torrents im 26 with my first son on the way in april iv got bills to pay and things to save for theres no way im going to spend hard earned cash on a game that can't be bothered to release a pc demo and I don't read review sites as most get paid to high score games and most of my fave games have average to bad scores on big sites like gamespot(lol)

Iv been a pc gamer all my life iv pumped alot of money into hardware and software, consoles still get demos I don't understand why pc don't saying companys don't make demos because of pirates is an oxymoron beond belief.

Im just not willing to throw money at half arsed pc games anymore.

12. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Nah wait for 2 years when its on sale and then think about buying it.

I also can't see why someone would have to come and announce that a game is now available for pirating, lame.

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

You sound like mpaa/riaa ect, torrents are just a way of off setting bandwidth from servers to p2p lots of legal companys use torrents to help save money on servers and bandwidth even game companys use torrents for patches and demo, linux distros use it to distribute new distros and updates.

and last but not least the same people buying games from steam are the same people using torrents so your point is totally invalid.

http://torrentfreak.com/steam-gamers-are-avid-bittorrent-users-100823/

14. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    You know what's seriously funny ? I'll be one of those people except I won't pay for it. Awkward. Now whether I'm being sarcastic or not is really up for debate because I may or may not be joking. 50/50 possibility. Although I must say, your post is deserving of an 'epic fail' or 'double face-palm' pic with a pinch of 'duh' mixed in for good measure.

I really can't wait to play this game. What I will say is that I will post an in-depth review of it as soon as I get it. Since I am friends with the developers I may get the game as soon as tomorrow so I'll post pics and let you know my impressions. :)

HAHAHA....:wanker:

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No.
    There are tons of torrents that are up for legit downloads and uses. Some people are on slower connections and use torrents for larger demos, trailers and other such files.

Yes, a large portion of people associate torrents with piracy because it does play a large role in it. But piracy is not a torrents only use and or purpose.

But, while on the discussion... I hate piracy. To me, there is no way to justify it... none. Yes, I get upset when a game doesn't have a demo and I'd like to try it.
    But, no demo... I wait. See what my friends at other forums think of it, people that have similar tastes... see if they enjoy it. But, I will never torrent a game to "try it" just because there is no demo.

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Whats the point ? Controls on PC were the problem on first one and testing on console would not tell anything if those are fixed or not.

17. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Erm but we're talking about the PC version. :3eyes:

Have people forgotten how Dead Space 2 was nearly canned on the PC because of piracy? :bang:

18. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Are you on drugs? I know what you meant...

19. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    If Dead Space 3 is canned due to piracy then at least we'll know who is to blame, right ?

20. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    Are you an officer of the law ? I'm just wondering if I should be worried or not.