Dead Space 3 :)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by zer0_c0ol, Feb 28, 2012.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    After ME3 and DA2 I'm hesitant to take them on their word :p

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Some men just want to watch the world burn.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You mean two games by BioWare that had absolutely nothing to do with Visceral Games and the Dead Space series makes you cautious about being excited for Visceral's new game?

Wow. That makes... no sense.
    That's like ignoring games like Singularity and Wolfenstein and hating Activision because they ruined Call of Duty.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Because it's still subject to EA management?

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, you're willing to condemn Visceral because they are published by EA?
    I hate EA and think BioWare are ungodly overrated... but Visceral have proved themselves time and time again.

Even with EA behind them. Until Visceral themselves fall short, I'm not going to let the fact that EA publish them put Dead Space in a light.
    Hell, BioWare are doing a good job of ruining themselves. No reason to try and shift the blame to EA.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lowered expectations is a punishment according to you?!

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Punishment... what?

I'm just trying to understand why when one developer falls to crap that means another studio with another game gets lowered expectations because of it.

My point is that just because they are both published by EA doesn't mean anything. BioWare have been ruining themselves for years, they didn't need EA's help to do that.
    So, there's no reason to have doubt in Visceral Games just because BioWare have gone to crap.

I'm just trying to understand. I see no reason to lower expectations for Dead Space 3 just because they added coop, or because BioWare suck.
    As I said, that's like hating Raven because Activision are a horrible company and Infinity Ward make terrible games. Makes. No. Sense.

Until Visceral falter and fail to deliver, there's no reason to lower expectations or suddenly believe they've gone to crap.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You don't see a reason to lower expectations? m'kay but that doesn't make sense to me, thank you very much.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No.
    Not because they added coop, and not because BioWare is a crappy developer.

By that logic I should've had lowered expectations for Dead Space 2 because they added MP and BioWare was still a crappy developer.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    With statements like a scary game is too scary, I find it hard to keep high expectations for the game, not the coop.

11. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    If you think about it for a while, you come to realise that this is the general EA trend for a franchise.

First title rocks like hell, coming titles up to "Dead Space 12: Alien Farming Simulator" will be less of a bomb.

That said, i still enjoyed the second Dead Space and will most likely enjoy the third and HOPEFULLY last part of the series.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yup I'm aware of it, that's why my expectations nose dived. I just can't be disappointed now :p

13. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Some recent Quotes from Hands on Previews:

Full Article

Full Article

I usually give a crap about previews, but these sound relatively positive.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes.
    The article that stated "Dead Space too scary" made that title themselves and then other sites began to copy and paste it.
    Nobody from Visceral ever said the game was being made less scary. Visceral have said the single player is just as tense and "scary" as previous Dead Space games as you are by yourself.

The coop mode is only for those that want to play with a friend. Or for those that find DS too scary on their own. It isn't forced on you, and if you play alone... it'll play like the previous games.

Personally, I didn't find Dead Space 1 or 2 scary. They both have great moments of tension and dread. But in general, personally I don't find either scary. But, I love the series. Absolutely love it.
    But honestly, this all sounds extremely familiar. I remember everyone complaining and stating that Dead Space 2 would suck, and that Visceral are ruining Dead Space by adding more action and a MP component.

Yet, the single player in Dead Space 2 was better then the first games.

15. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Maybe I am wrong, but it just seems way to eary for this series to have a third game already....this is bound to end ugly as you just cant keep making a new game every year.....ala Tiger Woods.

I may be wrong, but I predict an ugly ending.

16. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Absolutely true.
    The games were very tense, albeit not very scary.

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

What? no! More Dead Space please!

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, Dead Space came out towards the end of 2008. Dead Space 2 right at the start of 2011. That's barely two years of development time in Dead Space 2, and a lot of that time was spent making small updates to the engine and training a second team to develop the MP component.

Dead Space 3 is going forward with the existing Visceral Engine, with some small improvements. And no second team. One team crafting the single player and then working in the coop component.

Seems like a good time frame to me.

19. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    This absolutely made my day! :banana:

And about Dead Space 3 using Frostbite, I guess it would look good though. The engine used in DS 1 and 2 was already quite good, but lacking in details. I guess the frostbite engine will get rid of this and make the graphics awesome.

The only thing is that Frostbite favors CPUs with 4 cores or more. DS1 and DS2 can even run smooth on any dual core with any decent dedicated graphics card.

But that shouldn't be problem since gamers are always upgrading anyway :/

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    February 8th 2013 release date in UK confirmed.