Dead Rising 3 PC?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 5, 2014.

1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    [​IMG]

Anti-aliasing composes of SMAA, FXAA or SMAA T2X, nothing else sadly.

Some screenshots. The zombies have decent detail, though its no Crysis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was getting about 45-50 FPS in this area. It does dip a bit when you're fighting a ton of them. I'll be honest, it looks better in motion lmao.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The "Game Quality" option basically controls 3D resolution (Or rendering resolution / internal resolution or what you want to call it.), seeing as your screenshots are in 1920x1080 but that option is set to 720P you are basically upscaling the game. :)
    (Which makes things a bit blurry.)

For best results you will want to have that set to "Full" or since you are using 1920x1080 you could also set it to 1080
    (Though of course for performance reasons you can set it lower.)

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    So GTX770 dips lower than 45fps in 720p? Oh, my...

4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    No no, I had it set to full quality. That's what the options looked like when I screenshoted, before I changed it to full.

Here's it downscaled to 720p.

[​IMG]

Looks awful though runs over 90 FPS at least. :wanker:

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Ah yeah it does default to 720P, I should have thought about that, also those screens are pretty clear compared to how it would look if upscaled. :)
    (In fact I think the options screen you showed in that screenshot is at it's default values for the "High" visual quality preset.)

EDIT: Ideally I guess the option would either default to full (Or match 720 and 1080 when those resolutions are chosen.) though I guess that for performance reasons scaling down the rendering resolution might be useful.
    (Although replacing it with SSAA like say Metro Last Light did might be better, either at half-res or supersampled at 2x or 4x, would complement the shader AA though it's nice of them to add 2x Temporal SMAA support.)

EDIT 2#: A lot of people on the Steam forums are also reporting that the game crashes often (Especially on 8.1) or doesn't shut down properly (Windows 7, mostly AMD GPU's), nothing I've noticed myself though but Capcom might release a last minute patch before the games US and EU release on Friday. :)
    (Weird how it's only in some Asian regions that the game is released early, skipping Australia and New Zealand and instead having the release worldwide on the 5th or how to say.)

6. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Too bad there's no SSAA or MSAA in this. Not sure if I like Temporal yet. Though given performance, I can see why they opted out.

Maybe it needs driver work.

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The temporal AA should deal with objects in motion better than normal FXAA or SMAA can, or MSAA without adaptive / transparency AA.

But it can introduce ghosting as seen in Crysis 3 though that was mostly when the game ran at a very low framerate.

Maybe Nvidia users can get a profile working for SGSSA or some other forced AA method, being both 64-bit and DX11 GeDoSaTo won't work for downsampling the game but custom resolutions might still work.
    (Probably in either case there's going to be a rather hefty performance hit, thus why they didn't implement MSAA support and instead opted for this shader solution, that and I guess being a XBO game MSAA would be too demanding.)

8. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I played it over an hour. Keyboard controls seem decent though I switched instantly over to a 360 gamepad. I haven't had a crash yet and I'm on 8.1.

Gameplay wise having tons of fun, though it does seem like the audio is way too quiet even on max volume. I'm going wait a bit till US release before playing more, going to do co-op with a bud.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This.
    I also posted my bios settings for you :thumbup:

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So.. any SLI bits yet?

11. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    I am looking for SLI bits also for my friend (2x680). Thanks

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How is it? No major bugs and performance issues?

13. Gottex

Gottex Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti TRIO
    I need SLI bits :)

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It was from ShopTo.net but I had some Reward Points from when I bought my Xbox One and PS4 which brought the price down by around £7. :)

The cheapest I've seen the digital game is £24.99 at SimpleGames, where ironically I also have £4.91 worth of discount but I decided to buy the game on disc for convenience (plus I did not know at the time that I had £4.91 worth of the discount!).

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
  17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just received mine and downloading now.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I dont understand people buying game-keys at ebay when its always cheaper at a key store (site). Same thing happening here, every "decent" keystore sells the key for 18-19 €. Still 1-2 € cheaper.

19. remicius

remicius Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanks for the info,i bought it from zavvi for 22 quid,i had a -10 percent off voucher.still a good price i think.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    In the .\data\datafile folder the viewport.txt file can be altered to change the aspect ratio, unfortunately even if changed it seems the game will still try to display in 16:9 so things get a bit skewed though it will solve the black bar issues on 16:10 screens.
    (And 4:3 too I suppose and any others if you input the correct aspect ratio value.)