Dead Island - Now also Redux

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BlueStinger, Sep 14, 2007.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeap, i tried both versions tonight and the new one does feel alot more polished across the board, especially control wise which just feels more solid, certainly worth that £1.80 price.

Right, i will never touch this game again now, roll on steam summer sales. lol

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Yea been hearing about that ;)

The thing is apparently there isn't that much parkouring in The Following as you drive around a lot or so I've been told.

That sounds a bit offputting to me even if the buggy sounds fun.
    Plus put way past 100 hrs to DL already so a different game may feel more fresh.

Dying Light is apparently the better game but Dead Island shouldn't be bad either?

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    well dying light is superiour in every way.
    better weapons, climbing, stealth stuff, day/night cycles. swimming (even though not much).
    dead island is quite repetative because its so basic imho.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's not surprising.
    Dead Island came first. With Dying Light they built on the systems they had already established in Dead Island, and then worked to refine them, tweak them... and add to them.

People that dislike the degrading weapons from Dead Island, will still dislike it in Dying Light. Only difference is you can repair it at anytime, but now... only for a few times. Where as in Dead Island, you can repair the same weapon as much as you want.

Also, the melee combat system in Dead Island was a bit deeper. Allowing you to target individual body parts, break arms and zombie necks.
    Dying Light's system is still fantastic, but... it's melee combat has been streamlined in a lot of ways.

5. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Not true. I bought all my consoles for exclusive games like most other people around me. But i'm an older gamer.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You... umm... kind of contradicted yourself there a bit.
    People do buy consoles for the exclusive titles, even as you say... the exclusives help them decide which title they buy.

And, a lot of people buy consoles simply because they want a gaming experience that's more in line with "sit down, play".
    They don't want the upkeep, attention or time maintaining a solid gaming PC can take.
    Consoles are a matter of convenience.

But, exclusives do make a difference. Sorry to say, but to think they don't... is a bit foolish.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Stryx Rx 580
    Reviews dont look good for this game 7/10 gamespot and 6.8 ign. It seems there is a problem with combat system being very basic and many times uninspired and generic, the story aswell isnt good, the character unlikable etc..

8. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    ^ You talking about Dead Island Redux or Mirror's Edge Catalyst?

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/383150/announcements/detail/972040700514222143

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's about damn time.
    I may actually get back to playing this now.