Dead EVGA 570??

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by maxx085, Apr 15, 2011.

1. maxx085

maxx085 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 570
    I was running two EVGA GTX 570 on sli, at 1.1v 920/2000, running drivers 265.90 quaddro (best performance with these drivers), so yesterday decided to try new drivers, installed 270.51 beta, did usual uninstallation, safe mode and driver sweeper, ran 3dmark and noticed very low scores compared to the ones with the quaddro's, realized i didnt activate sli, so i went for another run on 3dmark, 20 seconds running on the benchmark, my pc suddenly restarted but didnt boot up, so tested each card separately, when tried primary card and hit the power button all i heard was the card fan running at full speed, and no boot, when tried the second one, pc boot up with no problem. I havent switched them around to see if its the card or the motherboard, or even the power supply line. What do you guys think??

2. orion24

orion24 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    I think that by overclocking 570s, especially with voltage boost and in SLI, you are asking for trouble.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    you might have killed the VRM's on the card with that voltage.

Out of curiosity do you remember what was the stock voltage of the card that died? and was it stock evga or SC edition?

4. maxx085

maxx085 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 570
    I never had a problem with this cards at this voltage, until i installed new drivers, the only game that made this cards go a little crazy was crysis warhead and still was 100% playable.

Stock EVGA, factory voltage .975v

5. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    man im sorry but i guess you toasted your vrm

6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    ok ...Im sorry to hear about your card. blame nvidia for not putting enough and better quality vrm's on the gtx 570's

7. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    Air or water?...if Air i agree with the rest. Would be helpful if these cards had vrm monitoring, but they don't. I do 1.1v also, but only with a full coverage waterblock.

8. maxx085

maxx085 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 570
    Well, learned the hard way, time for RMA

9. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    there have been cases with vrm's burning even with waterblocks on them...its not the heat that is killing them, its the voltage and/or removing the protection.

10. maxx085

maxx085 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 570
    Before i decided to run them at this voltage there was a lot of controversy whether or not 1.1v was safe, but my mistake comes when i thought that I was gonna see problems right away, not knowing it was gonna be at the long run.

11. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    Well my vanilla MSI's have been fine.( i haven't removed the protection) I get they are using less expensive vrm's or not enough phase's..i guess i will just cross my fingers and be happy with my three year warranty.. until i go for some 3gb cards for my three 30 inchers.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  12. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    well you probably got unlucky some dude on can't remember what forum had his vrm's fried at stock voltage while some ,me included, played alot with high voltage and dont have any problems(yet)..even had a time when i used 1.2 V so...its all about luck i guess ( it wouldn't surprise me if my card died also tough :p )

13. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    yes probably already a bad video card becouse the second stil works right?

14. maxx085

maxx085 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 570
    Yeah the second one still working, and it feels so awkward running a single card

15. GPU

GPU Guest

just saying

-I wonder if putting in new drivers[non modded] and not defaulting the overclock's\voltage had something to do with this.
    - may be what ever oc programed you used - over volted the cards with the new high performance drivers, and the weaker one blew up.
    -as your oc\voltage profile was created with modded drivers.

-should have added -sorry for you having a card crap out on you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^

the only problem is 900mhz and voltage 1.1v is what's killing these stock 570gtx's >>>all have to weak pvm/mosfet area.

17. maxx085

maxx085 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 570
    Video card is already on its way, awesome experience with evga cust service, got rma number 3 hours after speaking to technical support