ddr2 d9 buyers guide

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by maxfly, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    aw geez that sucks.they had a eta up yesterday.
    well the good news is they still have the 2x512 kits for $122.those are the c4s that very well may be d9gkx.ive no way of verifying that tho.once again the list shrinks.i agree that was a great price.hopefully theyll pop back up and still be d9s.

2. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    morning max

i **** out last night,was confident i could go with 3 4 3 9 so i went into bios and changed them,no joy regrettably,comp would not boot up so i have had to revert back to 4 4 4 12 for now,nothings straight forward,lol,would it be silly to increase the voltage further,pleased the score is ok though and those second tests were ok,maybe i should look for another gainward bliss 7900gt and use the sli function,i wanted to ask you max these fx chips,r they any good not that i am going to buy 1,just interested,which 1 would you want if you had the choice of the fx's,i better get some breakfast and get my **** together,lol,
    regs
    paul

3. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Do you mean the FX chips from AMD?

They're about equal to the Opteron series in goodness, only difference being the unlocked multiplier and slightly outrageous price. If you are hinting toward buying a new processor, get an Opteron 1210 :)

4. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    hi there

yes it was the amd fx,they are a bit pricey,dont think you can justify spending that especially when they will probably be 130 quid this time next year,can i ask is the opteron 1210 am2 940 pin,is compatiable with my mobo,cheers for reply
    regs
    paul

5. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Compatible yes :)

6. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    hi

i thought the opteron was 939 pin,am i wrong with this,my mobo is 940 pin
    regs
    paul

7. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    hi

you know you said i should get the opteron 1210,cant find this model anywhere is it also called the 265,how much do they cost these kiddies,thanx for your help
    regs
    paul

8. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  9. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    1 question my friend

is the opty 1210 dual core,not too familiar with this but does that mean there are 2 cpu's and there has to be 2 cores on the mobo,my mobo is only single,just asked because i never knew this before,lol
    regs
    paul

10. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Dual core. Usually it says "2 physical processors" but it's really one with two cores.

11. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    i agree the opty is a solid choice.sry for the slow response.

12. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    no worries

still trying to find an opty 1210,looked on ebay,it seems like they have everything except the opty 1210,how much does this item cost, i will keep looking,so its just 1 processor i was getting worried thought my mobo was old,only had it a month,lol,
    regs
    paul

13. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
  14. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    added some ddr2 8000 kits from ocuk.both cellshock kits and crucial.gskill hz are out of stock again.

15. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    buffalo firestix 2x1gb are back on the egg as out of stock.so hopefully itll be coming back :)

16. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    Time stamp says around Jan 2nd for the firestix. I feel retarded because before they got listed I sent an email to buffalo asking what happened to them.

Maybe they saw the email and fixed it?

Good list. I think I saw one kind of like it on XS too. More like 3 like it, one with the red/green list, one by a nemo66 or a name close to that, and one other by some person with 4 posts. With a huge lists of All ram and then the ones colored red were the OC'ing ones.

17. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    heck if it worked lol.you got em relisted!:smoke:
    its definately nice to see them back on the website.thats the best deal by far.ill have to get them back on the list.
    ive seen one on xs as well.i cant remeber who had it tho.i thought it would make things alot easier for us if we could just check one place rather than having to search forever.kind of a pricewatch for d9 lol.

18. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
  19. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    aha nice!i saw kemo6600s list a while ago but hadnt seen the other two threads.roons ramlist was the basis for most of my original research.i never would have been able to find any good deals without it.i just wish he would post a email addy so we can report changes.supertalent 6400 3-4-3 specifically.<--they could learn something from the corsair c4d fiasco.

20. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    I know what you mean. I am pretty much stuck getting a pair of super talent 5-5-5-15 for my next build unless newegg will hurry up and get that set of firestix in. I probably can't wait until the second for the RAM so my last thing is hope on getting a good set.

The Ram prices have seriously jumped since last year. I remember when the G.skill HZs were only $200. Now manufacturers are trading out their chips for lesser costing/lesser overclocking modules and trying to sell them to the OC crowd. It makes zero sense to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.