DCTV Android 4.1 Mini TV Box

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Powered by a 1.6GHz RK3066 ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core processor, this compact TV box from Chinavasion hasthe Â*latest Android 4.1 mini TV box equipped with a Mali 400MP GPU,...

DCTV Android 4.1 Mini TV Box

2. prof72

prof72 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Trying to find one of these that does netflix uk HD. Don't really want to replace my TV yet or use a seperate media player that takes up a plug socket.

3. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    I know your a busy man HH but please try not to just copy paste the news? Or at least read it first before posting?

The article is terrible to read though :(

4. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    I recently picked up the minix g4 which is the same thing but smaller profile. I hooked up a powered usb hub ($14) and a gigabit network adapter ($20). The device was $60.

I had completely replaced my htpc for less than $100. BS player can connect to my NAS via SMB and it works great. It's definitely powerful enough to playback all my hd content.

I'm looking forward to when they're a bit more powerful. I picked up this remote for it too, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1HD0H19942. I keep the android menu hidden for movies and such and the regular keyboard doesn't have all the hotkeys like the home button.

Still waiting for that remote but it isn't necessary. You can hook up any old usb or wireless dongle to it. I'd recommend finding a device that has bluetooth as well. These are definitely the way to go for HTPC's if you don't mind spending a bit of time customizing it. It's so nice having it completely hidden and absolutely no noise.

More importantly, my wife doesn't complain about the computer being in the media center anymore and can tune in her pandora stations or my subsonic server or play her silly games. (and wow this really sounds like a sales rant..sorry!)