DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    I was hearing footsteps and it was night and was freaking out. I was hiding with my axe in a dark corner than I decided to go out. BOOM Face to face with a guy clearly equipped. I hacked him to death with my axe nervously.

Looks like DayZ is back on track. Great tense moments. :p

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Lol yeah i've had that yesterday, i ran through a hole in the wall, a guy just ran passed me and he started shooting lol.

Luckily i could run away without getting hit.

3. Dorak

Dorak Member Guru

GPU:
    XXX
    Did someone managed to make SLI working in the slightest ?

Thanks in advance. My scaling is so bad it hurts physically.

4. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Works the same here as ArmA 2/3, Take On Helicopters, but there is little actual benefit. You're still limited by the main heavily-loaded cpu thread.

[​IMG]

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the game any good?

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    Right now stick to the mod. Honostly it's the exact same game. Better performance in the mod than standalone. SA has no vehicles or choice of weapons. Me and my friend started from the coast and went to north west airfield. Only guns are handgun .45 and m4. There's some extra buildings and tents here and there and the majority of houses can be entered. But there's not much of a difference from the mod. We liked the mod a lot and been looking forward to SA like everyone else. But in the end it's basically the same thing.

7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Except that almost all the new features are disabled to test server performance. Over the next few weeks you will start to see the changes.

8. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Nope but I prefer to stick with standalone as painful as it is. To me, this game is quite the ultimate concept. They just need to take that huge pile of cash now and execute.

9. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    For those who don't frequent the official forums, here is a list of upcoming changes from Rocket himself:

There is a great deal of topics dealing with this, so I thought I would confirm what we will definately be doing, and give some background why they are not in yet. List not exhaustive and will be added too as time allows.

More Zombies

Target delivery: Ongoing

We absolutely plan to have more zombies. To cope with the current total dynamic entity count of over 10000 we have had to make a great deal of optimizations. If loot is completely removed, we can easily run 4000 zombies in our debug builds. In the new year we will be optimizing the way we handle dynamic objects (such as loot) a great deal more which should give us significant savings - but the change was considered too risky to be done prior to alpha launch. If we had problems, we would have delayed the project further by months.

Multithreaded Server

Target delivery: Early 2014 & Ongoing

To assist with increasing player and zombie numbers, we will be parallelizing the server architecture. Currently RV does offload some extra threads off to other cores, but this is for rendering and file handling - neither of which are issues for the dedicated server which uses no rendering and has a greatly reduced file footprint. This should provide some very, very dramatic improvement in performance where additional cores are available. Note, however, that this will increase the complexity of hosting DayZ - it may mean that we see a greater dispersion in the capacities of DayZ servers.

Respawning Zombies & Loot

Target Delivery: Early 2014

Currently to have the server check if something needs respawning can cause an issue with performance. We did not want to go with a "scripted" solution for respawning, and it is expensive on server performance. Player spawning on the coast is conducted by the engine, and we are going to employ a similar process for managing zombie and loot spawn (possibly parallelized). This is a high priority task and zombie respawn at least is very close to being implemented.

Server Management Options

Target Delivery: Ongoing

Additional options for those hosting servers will be rolled out as soon as we can. We want to encourage a "hardcore" mode that will operate on a separate database, featuring things like first person only, no hide body, etc... In addition, we also want to provide passworded servers that will operate on their own shard of the database. This shard could be grouped, so that a group of passworded servers could operate on their own database. Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs.

Animals & Hunting

The AI for animals is based on the new AI for zombies (some will notice the old local ambient animals making zombie noises and acting aggressively!). We have a cutdown version of this we will be using for hosting animals, including those from ArmA2 as well as new animals such as a deer. We already have the meat models made, and we have the basics of cooking. So this functionality is quite close. It does have an impact on the server, and at the moment we could only run about 300 animals per server without seriously impacting performance (until we have started additional server optimization).

Additional Anti-hack and Security

Target Delivery: Late 2013

We are working on additional anti-hack to supplement the implementation of VAC. We have been working closely with Valve for VAC as well as our other anti-hack partner. Details of this will be released shortly. The most important thing to remember is that anti-hack is really the secondary defense - the primary defense should be good architecture. We have already identified (and fixed) several key vulnerabilities in the three days since launch. There are more we know about and I am sure more we don't. The purpose of this early phase of alpha is to identify and fix those. As our architecture now relies on the server controlling and adjudicating everything, we can close off locally controlled functions and back doors - which is what we have been doing.

Cooking & Gathering Resources

This is a system that was not completed prior to the alpha launch so is half-done. Additional work will be done and pushed when we can. This will include gas cookers (already ingame) and the creation of fireplaces. We will be allowing players to gather resources from the world, such as firewood, stones, etc... This will then be utilized by the existing crafting system.

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    For me, yes, but I've loved the mod from the beginning, warts and all. The standalone is fairly feature-bare at the moment, but the tons of new loot items, 95% lootable buildings, and vastly improved melee are enough for me. My buddies and I are having a blast.

Here is a reply from Rocket in a thread entitled "Is it worth buying the DayZ standalone yet?"

My opinion

For the current game? No
    For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)
    To see the game? No (you can watch streams)
    To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    I'm enjoying it.

Obviously is Alpha, so a lot of things will not be there which are in the mod currently.

but the new inventory system, graphics and everything else is worth it.

The land seems more realistic now and the new building and apartment block are fun to loot and creepy to roam around which I was missing from the mod.

I run everything maxed except for post process which is on high and object detail on low. I also use the take on helicopters flag for SLI which (for me) vastly improves performance.

Game runs smooth for my setup on those settings and still looks good.

**PS**

I will add however, if you're new, just be prepared to have long runs and empty moments.

If you're going lone wolf, you might not bump into people and the world might seem a bit empty, but that is the whole point of it all.

Once you do eventually meet another player. The experience is unpredictable. That's why a lot/most people play the game. Just don't expect a lot of action at first.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That depends on who you ask. They either love it or hate it. There is no middle ground here.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I'm starting to like it more, but the free mod is still better.

It got alot harder too, zombies now see you from pretty far away if you're standing.
    But you can evade them pretty easy so i don't mind.

Also, i had pretty good gear in the last weekend, but i got sick or something and i didn't know what to do.
    So after 2 hours of searching for a cure, hospitals etc, i couldn't find anything that could so i passed out and my screen went black. :bang:

What the hell do you need to do to get rid of sickness?

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i played nether a bit too and loved it but lack of stuff. both prealpha. both is now in lame condition.

15. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Biotics I think.

Oh but I like it. I'm just not blind enough to tell people that it is a good game and that you should buy it. It was a very terrible game when it released but it's kinda stable and playable for now. I had great moments this weekend. Would be better with people too...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I think i've used that, but not sure.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Depends what it is , if its food poisoning from eating bad food you need charcoal tabs.

If its just a general sickness Ie from not disinfecting gear of the ground then u just need vitamins and there's a type of bacteria tablets too. If your sick though don't eat as it speeds it up.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Yeah it was food poisoning.

Aren't they taking it a bit too realistic? :D

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    A zombie apocalypse is srs bsns. :nerd:

20. signex