DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Dont need a flashlight, I'd trade it for a waterbottle or two though :)

2. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ha, my next game will be a new spawn, so I may have trouble finding one myself. :)

3. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    The party bus is still there!

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    ****ing died because I zombie hit me once and a sand-glass popped up while a zombie ate me :/

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Wow!!! From this article:

If there are dogs and the dogs gets attacked by zombies, will it become zombie dogs? Would love to see zombie animals go around town chewing up all the locals and campers! Zombie piggies, cows, chicken and the works!

[​IMG]

6. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Yea...bring on the dawgs!

7. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Why are people on the official forums complaining about shooting other players?

What else is there to do? It would be nothing more than a virtual treasure hunt. As far as shooters go, the mechanics are poor considering what people are used to in BF3 and COD.

If this was released as a zombie hunting game it would be awful considering how well L4D has done. The fun of the game is the suspense of wondering if there is someone watching you and trying to kill you.

I can't see very many people playing a game just to sneak around and drink pepsi and eat beans and look for guns that they don't really need.

I'm really not liking the idea of bear traps. With a game that is fairly slow paced, I want to be able to run everywhere without having to dodge traps placed in the middle of some field or around good item spawn points.

8. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I think people are tired of being shot because, if it was authentic, people wouldn't shoot other people except when they honestly felt threatened or they needed something to survive that someone else had and there was no other way to survive.

What has happened is that people have flooded the game with the sole purpose to murder other people (because some people have fun just denying others fun), where it has artificially created an atmosphere where you literally have to kill anyone you come in contact or risk instantly being murdered. While there will always be people who will kill others, and the risk of being murdered, its just the idea behind the game was "anti-game", but the lack of consequences and the fact it is just a game, artificially inflated the threat from other people.

I started out again the other day didn't have anything, saw a guy while I was in the apartments, obviously I wasn't a threat as I didn't have a weapon (and had the drop on him as if I had a weapon I could have smoked him without even breaking a sweat), but instead he walked up to me and started hacking me with the axe, when I was running away (thinking maybe he thought I was a zombie as I didnt have time to type while running) he began shooting me in the back until I died.

This scenario here has pretty much made it so that if I see anyone, I'm just going to shoot them. While the game should have SOME of that, its become all about that. Instead of working together against the real threat (zombies) people have more fun killing other people, then shortly later being killed by other zombies. Because it isn't real life, they don't care to survive, they don't need to have other people because they can just start again and kill someone for their stuff.

9. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    ^ The previous bandit system worked much better, cause survivors usually didn't shoot other survivors. They only shot people with bandit skins.

It also worked much better when there was a chat, cause people could communicate to find out if you're friendly or not

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  10. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Well I hit the jackpot, stumbled upon two tents high up on a mountain. Here's what I looted from it:

2 pairs of NV goggles
    GPS
    Silenced PDW with 6 mags
    2 whole mags for my Mk mod 48
    Ghillie suit

11. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Restarted again after being murder (though I didnt have anything). Had everything I would want or needed except morphine, which I was in the hospital trying to get. I left and reloaded and found myself spawned in the middle of nowhere without any gear what so ever, I tried going to different servers and nothing. I read this is some glitch and they don't do "character resets" and I'm pretty much screwed.

I know this is alpha, but I'm done with this game, I'm tired of putting so much work into trying to get started only to be annihilated by glitches, instantly killed 1 hit zombies, or when I do avoid those things, getting murdered by other players.

12. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Unfortunately, you have to deal with stuff like this when it is in only alpha stage.

13. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I believe this is a problem with the player running different versions than the server. I always run the latest ArmA 2 beta, which can be found here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

@Janitor: Nice find...all stuff I've never had. Now go out and use it before you lose it! :)

@Gridiron: I have a few hours to kill. Care to fire up the party bus?

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I've had 9444 and the latest patch since I got the mod and have been playing on servers that label as such.

16. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    It is still a shooter. "Working together?" You can hold a doorway by yourself and shoot zombies all day. The zombie animations are terrible, and the AI isn't that good either (alpha still). Overall the shooting is not very good as I said above, but the suspense makes up for that.

What would be fun about sneaking into a building and taking supplies? Then what do you do? Sit around eating and drinking until you have to go get other supplies? As it is right now, it is very very easy to "survive" against the zombies. You don't even have to go near them if you don't want to. There would be absolutely nothing to do if all you needed to do was gather supplies.

17. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    What do you do in an MMO? Constantly quest to level up? For what? Raid? Why? So you can raid more?

The game is more complex than that. You start with essentially nothing, and the suspense is quite awesome. Other players, zombies you can't fight, while you sneak to find something. Finally. You got a gun (or axe) and now you can move about more freely. Not too many zombies, but a few. Players are still scary. Moving from town to town, water when you need it. As you go, the guns you find are better. In this town, you found a watch and a map. In the next, a compass. A better gun. Each town you go to offers the same as when you kill a monster. Maybe this house holds the key to making this game easier.

Finally. A nice gun. Maybe an M4, AK, better? But you're comfortable with the power, and you've got bullets. But you've got to pick your targets carefully. Sure, you can sit in a doorway and pick zombies as they come through, that's reasonably realistic (though they do slow). But each shot you take is another you don't have. Eventually you get through the horde you've attracted with a half a clip left. Now you need more, because the next time you have to fire, you're not going to survive. You search more, avoiding zombies, players, except this time..there's more suspense than at first. This time you have something to lose. Your gun, your time, that alice pack you found.

And from there, yes, you continue finding supplies in an ever lasting bid to find more supplies, but each supply is more helpful than the next until eventually you have a car. And then the game becomes a PVP about trying to protect that car and keep it fueled/you fed.

It's much more than "Oh, supplies beget supplies, have fun"

18. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Well said......When you first spawn and cant find a can of beans...who cares?

When you are like maybe 20 hours ...into a character...and have some sweet stuff...you get freakin paranoid.....at that point, when you find a can of beans and water and survive death in that manter, or under any crazy circumstance...it will make you sing at your keyboard :beer:

I can only imagine the game under completion....I get frustrated by some bugs....but the atmosphere is so damn crazy ...I just want to play and support it.

Sorry I missed your invitation Uncle Dude....been here waiting for UPS....got a Asus Essence STX coming today....cant wait to get it installed....oh.....and I have now invested in a headset.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193069

Got mine for $45...the headset, not the Essence STX.

Cant wait to get the card installed and test these.....plus listen through my Grado cans.

I just noticed...looks like I need to update to last version of that beta patch.....I think I am 2 builds behind.

19. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thanks! time to test :p hmm majority of servers hasnt updated yet
    [​IMG]
    oh release info