Days Gone

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Feb 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Yeah, no.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sorry I have different opinions then you.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Why not? Sounds like this would be a bad thing, lol.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    The more games, the better. Exclusives only limit consumer choice.
    Even if I don't like some games, other people might like to play them.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    First game was re-remastered few times its about enough and second game is just plain awful.

I would not mind uncharted series tho.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090 GOC
    Played all four and I'd say that people only need the 4th one in that case. It's an incredible craft and although the first three have good stories those games including some mechanics are dated and not working too well (feckin' vines for example). The fourth game is everything done way better and has pretty incredible graphics to boot.

Undying likes this.
  7. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    game is a BLAST.

can't understand how on earth some "6" or "7" scored reviewers are just passing by and not even mentioning
    the insane atmosphere this game has.

i agree it's not 10\10 or even 9.5\10, but most def a solid solid game worth the time and money.

Shagula likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Remember now quite a lot of the video game journalists reviewing video games these days are not actual video games journalists, everything they "review" is judged from a certain ruler.... if that makes sense... trying my best not to write certain words.

AsiJu likes this.
  9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    HZD return of investment over 250 % as of end of March 2021 so we can assume Sony saw PC port as profitable :)
    If I understand it correctly it means PC port has now generated 1.5+ times the cost in income (100 % meaning costs covered ie. investment returned).

Uncharted welcome!

The right part of the slide looks less promising though, "develop more service led experiences within 1st party roster".
    In other words expect more Games As Service from Sony's studios in the future.

Last edited: May 27, 2021

11. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 Ulltra
    Cant wait for Uncharted. Hope 1-3 come as well, would be weird if it was just 4. I'm biased though as I named my kids Drake and Sullivan.

The more I play Days Gone the more I love it. It was slowish for the first 10 hours. Sped up a bit for the next 10 and now I'm 30 hours in and absolutely loving it. I have a few gripes... Boozer is a useless moaning sack of crap, the way they do quests in the menu can get confusing and the mouse issue where the camera would focus on things your not looking at (That's patched out now). The graphics and performance are beyond fantastic. After it rains stand and watch a puddle and tell me its not insane to watch it just evaporate... The volumetric rain and snow are also awesome. The story and game tbh starts off slow but speeds up the more you play and i feel like most of the characters you meet along the way are quite memorable. Glad Sony released this on pc

Attached Files:

12. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 Ulltra
    Not stutters as such. Still running at 90+fps but there can sometimes be this weird tearing as the characters move

13. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gam'Z 3080 12G
    90 hrs in on the hardest difficulty and still loving it, collecting everything I can find and gonna 100% this. Lots of fun :)

rflair and Shagula like this.
  14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Please keep your opnion about someones sexuality to yourself, thank you.

Edit: Was replying to a post which is deleted now.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    Think it's coming from the game being installed on external drive. That's weird tho, supposed to be an SSD, some USB 3.0 issue maybe.
    Might be part of those USB issue on AMD motherboard i've been reading about, might have to upgrade my MB bios.

16. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    done.. gave it a good 20 hours or so in the past several days. 56 hours in general, and enjoyed 90% of my time in there.

solid 8.8\10 for me. recommended.

Undying, AsiJu, SpajdrEX and 2 others like this.
  17. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Game got me watching The Walking Dead again.

Didn't think I'd like the game base on how the first hour or so went. Thought it would be another RDR2 - which got me bored 75% of the time, but this one is a very good game. The 6.5 scores are very inaccurate and shocking tbh, glad I went by the Steam reviews. I dislike games that are overly grindy and repetitive - but this one has a nice mixture of that and great story telling, along with good gameplay and gunfights.

cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT/3080Ti
    Picked this one up for £28. Pretty solid game, reminds me a lot of Mad Max game but with zombies and set in a forest.

Graphics are ok nothing special though, performance here is pretty decent apart from a little stutter when loading new areas (its very minor) game is installed on a PCIE4 nvme drive too.

I found the vsync option in this game is completely broken, frame times can fluctuate a lot. Setting half vsync (72fps in my case) also is bugged and the game locked to 46fps???? Weird, and the in game frame rate cap is also busted leading to dropped frames at random. So I disabled vysnc and in game fps limiter and used RTSS to set a 60fps frame cap and I now getting solid 60fps and perfect 16.6ms frame times. Along with that slight stutter I mentioned earlier so now its 99% perfect. All maxed out at 1440p too.

I have had some bugs though, and some quite funny ones....

Check out this bug where my Axe became apart of my AK47!!!!???????????? :D

d1.jpg D2.jpg D3.jpg

AsiJu, Undying and itpro like this.
  19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    That's a decent upgrade for a ranged weapon. :D

Undying and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Only wimps have bayonets in their rifles, real men have axes in their Kalashnikovs!

mohiuddin and CPC_RedDawn like this.