1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Days Gone

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Also bought the game and I completely agree with all the above :D

I mean, I stayed away from all the negativity that this game got from sh*** sites like IGN, Gamespot and what not.

This game really takes you by surprize. It looks phenomenal!!! Sound and atmosphere one of the best out there as well. I already played more than 15 hours, and I cannot get enough of it. To me, this game feels like TLOU on an open scale, and it also gives me Sons of Anarchy vibes :D

2. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Some local store had a special 10 year anniversary type sale and bought it yesterday for 45euros.
    Some framerate issues with super sluggish bike riding, tho the bike controls got better after disabling Supersampling (i think the game also uses its own anyway, cant really tell the diff @1080, but the Pro SS mode absolutely adds some framerate problems that affect how it feels to control), lots of stutters, a couple of glitches, but so far (maybe 8ish hours in) the game seems quite alright. I really dont like how they seem to have overarching quests all marked with percentages so far, the exact opposite of immersive.

3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Nice content IMO, can’t wait :D

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb

5. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
    This update, for me, made the game act like the release version.
    - Huge freezes during bike rides along with big texture popping.
    - Specific sounds delayed by minutes sometimes, most frequent after you end a mission and Deacon calls back to inform the story requester. This gets triggered minutes after. While i'm in a different mission or just cruising.
    - I also feel like they downgraded the power of melee weapons!? but that could just be me.

Anyway, the sound, freezes and texture popping are the worst. Its like they restored the files that got patches since day 1 release.
    Also its freaking frustrating to see the same game/engine, patch version running on the same freaking hardware and OS acting so different for people.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah, seems like this latest 20 something GB patch ( update or whatever) made the game worse for me as well. I had only some textures not loading, but this time it takes like forever for them to load. Not had any of the other „symptoms“ that you encountered, and hopefully will not get them at all.

I would say, better wait for another patch that will probably fix this cluster fu.k up :(

isidore likes this.
  7. Dasaniii

Dasaniii New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1660Ti
    I'm absolutely loving this game. Sure, there's some glitches here and there but they can be patched out. I haven't had a whole lot of them, maybe only 2 or 3 in about 12 hours of playing. The world is stunning and rich, the combat is fun, and my God those tunnels are terrifying at night.
    Otherwise, I'm going to go aboard so I won't have time to have a seat in front of my PC to play game. I'm trying to find an alternative for Days Gone on Android phone (I searched on apknite but I could found any). Do you guys have any suggestion?