Dating site?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by shadex, Dec 25, 2011.

1. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Agree, in all places there is both the good and the bad ... There is also some bad guys here on Guru3D ! LOL

K.S. likes this.
  2. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I know what you mean, but for me the moment I met my ex girlfriends really isn't special, at least not to me. I went out with one girl I met on ze internet, only lasted 6 months but it was a fun 6 months :banana: That would never have happened if I ignored all the lonely people on the internet :p

3. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Master Guru

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    men, we shuold start our own guru3d dating section!

here is me ideas : (list)

1. craete forum "Guru3d private member club [MEMBER ONLY] for patrners"
    2. we list uor personal prefeernces (testes, what you like, what you want etc)
    3. we post pic of ourself for added effect (no nipples or ohter bits!)
    4. hilbert can saerch thru the preferences and match us to uot ideal partnerss
    5. success!

best of all it would bebetter becos we all know each other :nerd:

4. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    yeah exactly, I really don't care how I meet a girl, it's never felt particularly awesome! Just hoping that they're not a greedy bitch or a dirty slut or a psycho is really all I ask for these days. If I did have a relationship like that with a woman it would be the first time and I'd be very happy indeed!

It doesn't seem like a lot to ask for really, but if you were fat and broke like me you'd understand how much women really do care about stuff that has nothing to do with love! Girls reading this, I'm sure it works the other way too!

Do I really give a crap about how I meet Mrs right..... NO!

5. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    think this is asking for too much already nowaday IMO ;)
    the ones that aren't, they're only waiting to become.

kid, as i see, like i was, you're heading for a lot of pain that could be easily avoided if you would just take the pain to get your head out of your ass for a second, let me explain:

you want a real friend advice ?
    just go hang around with girls more often, even just as friend i mean. then listen to them talking about their boyfriend, what really matter to them, life in general.

if you ever happen to still have an ideal about love, a pair of balls, and some self respect; you'll probably start thinking about making a carrer as a tibetan monk.

honestly when i see all my friends married with kids, it was all fun and game at first, but once the fairytale weared off and all they've been left with is a witch and a bunch of dwarfs.

meanwhile, I AM living the life they're dreaming about, sport cars (not a lambo but still:p), huge flat screen tv, +2500$ computer, more guns than i can carry, an home decorated as if it was owned by a rockstar, ...

now, would i throw all that away and make a living hell of my life just for the sake of doing like everyone else ? haha hahahah hahaHAHAHhahHAHAHahhah :puke2:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  6. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Well, it's not a great time to meet people right now. More divorces than ever. I also hear a lot from friends at work about how much cheating goes on by women, not saying that guys don't.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, you nailed it, I'll wait till this changes...

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    True, maybe not the best time to get a relationship but infact that is why it is the best time to get laid right now ;)

Loads of chicks on the rebound or just doing it to get back at their bf's or whatever.

9. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    I've met one girl online, through myspace when I had that ****... girl even went to my school.

Took me all of 2 hours to get in her pants, then had to go out with her to bang her. So that night I asked her out, next day I banged her.... 6 months later she's pregnant and we break up.

The one... and only...

10. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    ^^ Chesney Hawkes?

at 2.11m - if you send me money, i love you long time. :)

If you want my opinion online dating is like playing russian roulette. You log on and go searching for the girl that gets your heart racing. When you find one you've got no choice so you're just going have to pull the trigger. She's either a normal person or a bunny boiler. But isn't that the same as standing in a supermarket or nightclub and catching someone's eye? Every one has their success or failure story. But wise man say you won't know until you walk your own path.

Years ago I tried internet dating and it didn't work for me, but that was me. Go find out what works for you.

I wish thee luck. :)

guru pogo

K.S. likes this.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    No luck for me internet dating[​IMG]This is all I get...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    K.S. likes this.
  12. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Holy Crap Airbud7...That's it, i've thrown up...

13. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    That's about all I found on eharmony.com when I did that for a bit. I had no luck there or in real life.

Oh, and even their rolls have rolls.

14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Okcupid.com

My opinion its the best because it has all the features of every dating site for no cost. The pay option just goes beyond what is necessary. I pretty much wouldn't use any other.

I mostly use it to browse pictures and read profiles, I sometimes send messages to chicks, but I often don't get responses (even if they are rather interesting and thought out ones).

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Archeology is cool science.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    The only thing I ask of a new girlfriend is she must love my dog an allow it to sleep with us every night.

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef, K.S. and mbk1969 like this.
  17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    You scared Spailish so much that he vanished!

airbud7 and K.S. like this.
  18. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Did I make it here in time? Is this the new Dating Thread for "Actively Applying" members lol (That's what it always says on LinkedIn when I need a new job) :cool:

Girl / Drag / Tranny / Bot / Hooker / Girl / Drag / Tranny / Bot / Hooker ... n on n on.... ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    mbk1969 and airbud7 like this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    To all the nay sayers of dating sites : you might have been unlucky, or your friends might have, but it's just as possible to find a lasting relationship through a dating site, as it is to find it through old-school dating.
    The only difference is that many people will never find anyone if they only stick with "old-school dating", be it due to work, them not being super outgoing, or whatever.

I have personally had 2 long lasting relationships with women i met on online dating sites (scor.dk), one of which i am still in - we have been together for 3 years. And truth be told, had there not been online dating sites, then i would probably have been single for my entire life.

airbud7 likes this.
  20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    No, you would always have us ;)

mbk1969 and airbud7 like this.