Darksiders: Warmastered Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Darren Hodgson, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I just noticed this game had been added to my Steam library for free since I owned the original so I downloaded it while I was at work.

However, when I try to play it the game loads to the Press Start screen then promptly crashes when I press Start on my Xbox One Elite controller. This is not a normal crash though as I'm prompted to save a minidump but there are no entries for these crashes in the Event log. :3eyes:

Has anyone else been able to play this? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

(The game executable is called Darksiders1 so it isn't clashing with the original DarksidersPC.exe which I am forcing 8xMSAA for.)

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    ohh i totally forgot about this one :D downloading now

3. G*addict

G*addict Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    Only played the first 30 minutes using my wireless 360 controller but no issues here so far. Everything appears to be looking good and running fine.

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Revalidated the game (which took 45 minutes!), disabled the MSI Afterburner overlay, created a profile for the game and disabled MFAA for it... game still crashes after pressing Start on the controller or clicking on Start Game. No error in the Event log, just a minidump in the game folder that tells me absolutely nothing! :(

5. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

any one have a fix for amd cards ??? got 20 fps at 1080p and the same at 4K with very low gpu usage

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    The performance hit is there. i can forget about 4k really.
    But it is a good makeover. it most definitely looks better, especially with reshade.

I think a lot of people will get this game for free , so that's pretty great.
    Forgot how much i lliked war over his brother. The chaos sword is a much better weapon then the scythe.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Been playing this since it released yesterday.
    I love the Darksiders series... absolutely one of my favorites. I really hope that one day, we get Darksiders 3. There's still two more horseman and a huge story to conclude.

But, yes, this Remaster does have some performance issues for AMD hardware. On Nvidia it seems very solid. I've had zero issues with it.... other then one little annoying glitch.
    The game doesn't seem to save control remapping. Everytime I launch the game I have to rebind all my controls. But, THQNordic have already responded saying they are looking into it.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Just cannot get this damn game to work. I've tried everything short of deleting and redownloading it. Since the game validates with no errors I feel I would be wasting my time doing that anyway and the game crashed straight away after downloading and loading to the Start Game screen.

Good job it was free otherwise I would be really annoyed.

Anyone know where I can send the minidump and DXDiag.txt to the developers please?

*EDIT*
    Just noticed this error at the end of my DXDiag.txt report:

+++ WER9 +++:

Fault bucket 129276317110, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Darksiders1.exe
    P2: 0.0.0.0
    P3: 10.0.14393.2.0.0
    P4:
    P5:
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10

Does anyone know what it means?

Minidump crash file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105663038/darksiders1-cs_2250-20161130-212846-20672-9412.zip

DXDiag.txt: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105663038/DXDiag.txt

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Just played it.

It's locked to 95FPS. So no 120Hz/120FPS goodness. No way to remove the FPS lock. Why, oh why are devs doing this crap. Seriously :-/

Edit: Alright, literally a couple minutes after I posted this, a game update came out on Steam that raises the FPS cap to 330FPS... :banana:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/462780/discussions/0/154642447914443577/
    - Imported save games were reported as corrupted, this has been fixed.
    - German text for asking if you wanted to import save games was missing
    - Fixed Achievement Issues

http://steamcommunity.com/app/462780/discussions/0/154642447917237235/
    - Aspect ratio works now in windowed mode, should work with full screen and non 16:9 Monitors (please give feedback)
    - FOV settings (auto and user controlled) work now in all cases
    - Framerate cap lifted from ~ 100 fps to ~330 fps
    - Mouse wheel should now work as input (its default for switching targets)

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I'm honestly impressed by this remastering of the game. Definitely feels smoother and looks sharper than the original, but I really don't feel like I can complain since it was put on my steam library for free.

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Too sharp, IMO. The textures have that fake upscaled and/or artificial sharpening look to them.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Okay...
    Personally, I don't agree with that. I think they look great, and not overly sharpened. But actually improved, added detail.

But, to each his own.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    4k single gtx 1080 constant 120 fps loving it :)

Really love the sharper textures, game is looking much more crispy now :)

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    wow that patch certainly did something, it solved my performance problems in 4k. quite a nice surprise :banana:

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Running out of options, I uninstalled (deleted the local content for) the game from my E drive and the re-installed it to my boot C SSD drive and left the game downloading over night. Needless to say, the game STILL crashes immediately on pressing Start on the Start Game screen.

I'm not sure what happens at that point but I seem to think an opening video plays which is what led me to install the latest K-Lite Code Pack in case it was the video codecs that were the issue (seemed plausible considering people are reporting out of sync video playback as well as in-game crashes). Since that didn't work and I had nothing else I could try short of reinstalling Windows (yeah, like that is totally worth doing for ONE game!!!) I had no other option but to redownload the game which didn't work either.

I give up. It's not like I'm desperate to replay the game anyway since I have too many other games I'm playing at the moment but I did want to see what it was like. Oh well.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/462780/discussions/0/154642447922267001/

(Saw it mentioned in the 16.11.5 AMD Catalyst Crimson driver thread, developers have been pretty active getting the game fixed. :D )

18. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Appdata\Roaming\kaiko\darksiders1 and delete the config files. Game launches fine after this.

From here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/462780/discussions/0/154642447922267001/

Post #15, perhaps it will work for you?

Somehow I missed this release even though I frequent this forum? Lol, I will give this a go as its an amazing game. Never finished 2 though, I have tried twice, as soon as I get to the skeleton king dude on the flying boat it just gets insanely boring.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
  20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    darren sorry to not read all of your posts, but have you tried your old xbox360 controller instead of the xbox one.

I remember a game having trouble with the xbox one controller before. i cant remember the game though.