1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darksiders III

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, May 2, 2017.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX960 4GB
  2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Just fiinished the third installment of this franchise, i enjoyed every minuut of it, its better then darksiders 1 and 2 :)

I give a 8 out of 10 the game reminds me allot of soul reaver and indeed nier automata wich is good.

Folk that are complaining that the game is to difficult i say to them git gud :)

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    A beta patch is out.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    hopefully it fixes the bad frame drops and world rendering problems

5. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX960 4GB
    The CEO of Gunfire Games mentioned that he would be happy if 100,000 copies were sold and that he would look into making Darksiders 4.

While it is too early to say anything about the numbers, we do know that more than 71,000 copies have been sold on Steam alone. Keeping in mind that Christmas is around the corner and that we are not looking into console sales or physical sales, it is more than likely that Darksiders 3 will be able to hit 100,000 sales. This might not be set in stone but it takes us a step closer to Darksiders 4.

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2018/12/04/darksiders-4-ds3/

G*addict likes this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That is fantastic news.
    I knew THQNordic had already commented that they were very happy with the game's sales and reception.

I finished it already, and love it. I started a new game and I'm working my way through again.
    I know of one boss fight/decision I completely missed on my first playthrough. And, there's a side boss character I found... but he kicked my ass, and I never went back to him.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX960 4GB
    cool it goes to show that even poor reviews cannot hold back the tide of fans wanting another slice of one of such a beloved IP that was even lucky to get a third outing i guess we can now almost certainly look forward to another one!!! gotta love THQnordic they really do seem able to pull off the impossible.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Can't wait to see how upset and pissy people get with the fourth one.

They are already complaining because 3 doesn't play like 2.
    And Darksiders 4 will be the story of the horseman Strife. Who's a gunslinger. Who's main weapon's are dual revolvers. That's not gonna be hack and slash people.

9. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX960 4GB
    any true darksiders fan will know that each is intended to be a force unto itself not tied to past history like many other series ot there that settle with a reskin of a reskin of yet another reskin,. this is darksiders this is about rethinking and breaking the boundary every step not retreading footsteps because its the safer option!!! other ips could learn a thing or two from it.

K.S. likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX
    Great becouse we need a change in the series.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    If they sold it for €40 instead of €60 numbers would be higher. Once it will drops its AAA pricing, im sure it will sell a lot better.

warlord likes this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, that can be said for any game.
    But, THQNordic was promoting this as one of their big releases. And, Darksiders II released at 60, the first game I'm not sure... I grabbed it on Steam on sale.

But, that article is saying 71,000 on Steam. Factor in console sales and I'm sure the game has already smashed his 100,000 goal.
    While the game isn't a massive sales success in the eyes of publishers like EA or anything, I'm glad THQNordic are very happy with how it's done, and the guys at Gunfire are interested in making a 4th game.

Because, we need a 4th one with Strife.
    Then... a 5th one with all four Horseman, to actually continue on after the first game. Because, we haven't had an actual story sequel. Darksiders 3 takes place during the time that War is being held by the Chared Council. It ends right after the first game starts.
    Darksdiers II started before War is sent back to Earth to clear his name, and ends at the same time the first game ends.

It's believed that Strife's story would tell the events of what he was doing during the first game as well.
    Leaving a fifth game to finally continue on from War killing the Destroyer.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    They should have realised that a game which is like 14-16hrs of gameplay isnt worth €60 anymore these days.
    Other games generally do better at that, so those generally do not need a price cut.
    Look at rdr2, spiderman, god of war, assasins creed,farcry 5, tombraider,monster hunter.
    They all do better.
    Hell farming simulator is even doing better then this game. and its not even PC related, it isnt selling on consoles as well either. when i look on PSN it got 3 stars. that pretty much sums it up.

I have no doubt they will make Darksiders 4, i kinda find it a bold statement if he is happy to sell 100.000 copies. It is not their first game and the title became popular over the years. they even released somewhat enhanced versions with deathanitive editions. They wouldnt do that if it wasnt popuplar.

I do find it funny people compare it to dark souls though since you loose your souls if you die and can retrieve them later, doesnt matter if you fall from cliffs.
    Combat still is hack and slash , though there are less combo's and because of that dodging is needed at times.

From previous games I liked Darksiders 2 as a game the most, because of the more open structure, even though i liked War more then Death as character. but farming weapons was a pretty cool addition.
    I wonder if if DS4 will be like DMC where you can keep in the air if you keep shooting the guns. that would be cool.

I still look forward to this game , but when they have fixed things. from the notes they are also still balancing weapons and such, so i rather want a finished game to play then what it is now.

warlord likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Took me 19 hours to finish my first playthrough. And I missed a lot of stuff actually, even a story choice and boss fight option. Plus a bunch of smaller mini-bosses.
    Also, I'm firmly against the idea that a game's length should be something that decides it's cost.

Of course this wasn't going to be as long as any of the games you mentioned. The majority of those are massive open world games, that naturally are going to take hours upon hours to complete.
    Doesn't mean they are better titles just because they take longer. And, in no way does that mean they should cost more then any other game.

But, the stuff from Darksiders 2... the loot, skills, changing armor and stats... the more open world design, those were all things that "fans" complained about when DS2 released. Complaints and crying because it was different from the first game in those aspects. It's just people being people, going in with a mindset of what they want, and not what they were told it would be.
    And the Dark Souls comparison, it's more like... "Dark Souls lite"... there are elements that are inspired by Dark Souls, but the game in no way is trying to flatout be Dark Souls.

Honestly, I felt better about spending 60 bucks on this, to support a smaller team that's far more passionate about their work... then I would've to spend 60 bucks on RDR2. Not to say RDR2 isn't a good game, I don't know, haven't played it. But, it was no surprise that RDR2 was going to sell insanely well. And as such, I don't feel they needed the support.
    Gunfire Games... got a lucky break here, a true second chance to continue their work. Something a lot of them have openly said they had all but given up hope on. And, they did the best with what they could. Limited budget, incredibly small team... and IMO, they delivered. Darksiders 3 is awesome.
    And, with the studio pleased, and the publisher very pleased... this could mean good things for Darksiders 4 in the future, larger budget, more support... possibly a larger game. If the design for Strife's story fits it.

15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X GAMING
    I have both DS1 and DS2, collectors and warmastered edition. I do not think DS3 gives quality and joy for its price level compared to previous games. Consolization, linearity and unfinished feeling. Support? You must earn it. Like working money. It is not an automated process.

Look at the 2 latest AC:O games. Both of them full editions, worth 2 hundred bucks and you will play them half a year each one of them.

Overpriced game. I won't touch Darksiders 4 if they fall even lower.

16. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti SEA HAWK
    Price argument is fair - I do very much enjoy DS3 and all the work it took for it to get here so was happy to support the devs/publisher because I know what Nordic invested went through to even get the rights to what they've gotten games-wise but yeah... 50 would probably the sweet-spot based off of the mood I'm getting here.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And just goes to show, there's nothing definitive when it comes to enjoyment or ones personal view of quality.
    Personally, I don't think any Assassin's Creed game is worth 20 bucks. It's why, no matter how good people say the last two titles have been... I won't touch them until they hit a good sale price. I've been burned by the series far too often.

But, Darksiders, I've enjoyed every title. While each is completely different... they've all been fantastic.
    DS3 has more in common with the first game, but a lot of it's own identity to separate itself and stand on it's own. I will gladly put the money down for DS4 when it comes, because I feel Vigil/Gunfire Games have earned that trust.
    Far more then Ubisoft has with the AC titles.

But, to each his own.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Thats the difference between me and you, i only buy games for my own enjoyment, not for support of the studio (unless i would be involved myself in some way).
    I rarely buy games at launch and i feel like a fool for buying god of war for €70 at launch.

Thank god :D , it didnt have bugs. Vigil/Gunfire games are known for having bugs when their games are released , DS had them, DS2 had them and were never resolved until deathinitive editions came out, and even then you would get much better performance on PC with setting render ahead frames to 1.
    Dont know about DS3, but reading on the steam forum its pretty messy.

but i gues to each their own is true

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I only buy games for my enjoyment as well.
    I won't buy a game just to support a studio. But, if I know I've enjoyed that studio's past games... I will choose to support the smaller studio, and buy their product over a big budget, mass marketed game.

I would never buy a game "just to support the studio". If I don't think I will enjoy it, there's no way in hell I'd go near it.
    I love the Fallout series, but I'm never going to buy Fallout 76. Even for five bucks, that game will forever be dead to me. Also why I didn't/haven't bought RDR2 yet. I wasn't big on the previous one... and Rockstar in general are very hit and miss for me.
    So I can't justify spending $60 on it as I'm not sure I will actually enjoy it.

Darksiders... was a safe bet. I loved the previous titles, and I felt good about supporting a smaller studio making a game in a series I love.