Darksiders II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    [​IMG]

The exterior shadows in this game are just :puke2:

2. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    http://www.darksiders.com/promotions Go here to unlock some free Darksiders DLC. Only 3 are free(For Consoles too). It basically asks you to link Steam account, facebook etc.

I got this stuff free:

WTF?!?!

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has anyone else noticed that the aiming cursor when you go into targetting mode is a bit off in this game?

I'm using the Xbox 360 controller but in order to hit targets and get the orange targetting whatsit I have to move the cursor slightly to the left and up rather than on the target itself. Such a silly bug really.

5. AZUL

AZUL Guest

GPU:
    ati
    I can someone helpe me? i'm at the end of the cauldron dungeon and wen i try to spin the crank to release de cover of the couldron it only spin like a quarter and loks like stuk i had seen in youtube videos and the ppl spin like 3 times and release the fire couldron, but i cant... i already have done everything again and again but nothing... am i missing somsing?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    am almost 16 hours in now , am level 15 atm

[​IMG]

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    isnt there a chain attached so it wont move ? if so you need to pull another handle first nearby.

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    all that loot and stuff i see in vids make think about getting this.. I play rpgs and mmos mostly and darksiders for me was the perfect carebear game :p
    Hope it didn't get unnecessarily complex in this iteration :/

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm really liking this game so far - I'm about 8 hours in - but I'm disappointed with all the silly bugs and the lack of graphics tweaks and customisation for the PC.

I've found that the manual targetting cursor is offcentre and that hitting targets actually requires me to aim to the left and up of wherever Death is pointing at. I makes it that much more fiddly as you cannot just aim at something dead centre as you would normally do and expect to hit it. I can't believe that this was missed during testing as it so bloody obvious!!!

Another letdown is that while NVIDIA have provided a profile for this game with a working SLI flag, the AA one clearly has not been tested properly as it renders Death invisible in the menus and makes the sun appear through walls! Very sloppy, NVIDIA, though the bulk of the blame lies with the developers who were too lazy to even include FXAA support (what possible excuse is there here in 2012 for not including FXAA as the bare-minimum AA requirement given how easy it is to add?).

Even the in-game V-sync option is broken, exactly the same issue the first game had before it was fixed in the first (and only) patch! I won't even mention those appalling shadows... oooops, too late! It's not like this is Vigil's first game; they've had over two years to improve on what they learn from Darksiders which came out in 2010.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well dont let the bugs and lack of options ruin the game for you, its brilliant!

19hrs in,its running pretty good here , running with driver FXAA and vsync forced also through the profle. running 60fps 99% of the time. im kind of used to playing it right now, so death is certainly kicking ass.

still plenty more to come, since i still have 6 slots open in the weapon select wheel menu

have defeated allot of bosses already, kind of suprised they put so many of them in the game, its awesome!

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Play the Crucible.

I've made it through the first 25 waves... and that was a challenge.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Patches/fixes coming...

13. tibial

tibial Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 580GTX 3-Way SLI
    I've got the retail copy of Darksiders 1 (installed via Steam) and the v-sync option is still broken. When I enable it through nvidia profile the game locks at 30fps (along with horrible stuttering) while for some strange reason fraps is showing 60fps constantly. I know the difference between those two very well since I always play my games with vsync at 60fps...

As for Darksiders 2 I can't believe we still have exactly the same issues!
    In-game vsync is broken so I tried enabling it through nvidia inspector, however if I leave sli on by default, the game caps at 30fps along with tremendous stuttering. When I disable sli the game caps at 60fps but the horrible stuttering persists. Very wild fps flactuations and to make things even more complicated (and ridiculous), fraps is showing 60fps constant!!
    If I keep vsync disabled, the stuttering is gone but of course the screen tear is unbearable.
    Generally the game feels and plays like it's running through a PS3/Xbox emulator...

I haven't tried enabling AA yet, since I imagine it would make things even worse.

Anyone else getting stuttering with vsync forced on?
    My drivers are 304.79 beta.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Well I tried out the released FXAA Injector for this and it instantly completely stopped my forced vsync working. Removed it right away which was a shame as it looked quite good.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Note to NVIDIA graphics owners: do NOT force anti-aliasing through the driver even though there is an AA compatibility flag for the game as it is glitchy with Death not appearing in the menus and the sun showing through solid walls! Use FXAA and/or downsampling for now until NVIDIA fix it (if they ever do as the lack of new drivers and the continued absence of their forum makes me wonder if they're all taking a long holiday or something).

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Forcing AA is glitchy for AMD owners too, only the world skybox appears for me.

17. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    well I'm Chapter 16: The Lord of the Black Stone and enjoying every bit of it. This game really rulez, didn't expect to have a such a big crush on me :nerd:.

Crossfire is OK, performance at 1920x1080 is perfect but Eyefinity is f.u.c.k.e.d up.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    My quest to play as a Raziel inspired Death is almost complete...

[​IMG]

Really looks like a lot like Raziel when I die now too and there's pretty decent cloth physics in the game when you move. ^_^

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The new v306.02 beta drivers fix the sun-through-walls bug when forcing AA through the driver even though it uses the same 0x00001241 flag. Death is still not showing in the pause screen though so NVIDIA just need to fix that.

I've just quit Darksiders II and Steam is downloading a 517 MB update? Could this be the one that adds extra graphics options? I hope so but even if it doesn't I hope it addresses the off-centre manual aiming target and the flickering wooden railings as they are annoying and distracting respectively.

*EDIT*

PC Patch #2 Details:

• In this patch your key mappings will revert to defaults.

• Added Key Bindings option to the Pause Menu. (Previous location on the Moves List still there)

• The V-sync graphics option is now functional.

• Reaper Form now triggers correctly when using a Keyboard.

• Video Settings save to the Steam Cloud correctly.

• You can now sacrifice items below the 3rd row in the Possessed Weapon menu.

• Target Reticules align properly at all screen resolutions.

• Addressed crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.

• Various gameplay progressions fixes.

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    lol yeah. This game is like a Soul reaver/Zelda/GodOfWar hybrid