Darksiders II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 1, 2011.

1. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    its dx9 console port with out aa

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    http://youtu.be/PWXbqTxFbfU

Looks amazing still considering.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I really think it's a sign of a really lazy developer to not at least include support for FXAA and/or MLAA in a 2012 game, considering how easy it is to implement. That says all I need to know about the commitment and love put into this port. It's clearly an obligation and nothing else.

I'm not saying that it's a bad game - I'm sure it isn't as the first game was terrific - just that in a week that sees another multiformat release, Sleeping Dog, with DX11 support and lots of options to fiddle around with, including AA, that it's disappointing to still see games like Darksiders II and (soon) Darks Souls being churned out with little apparent care or consideration for the PC format.

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

5. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotec GTX 1060 6GB
    And it looks like it works with a controller. That's great because the first one had issues trying to play with an controller.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The 1080p image quality is great in those vids, nukemdukem, and it's brilliant to see the game in action (as I have to wait another week to play it) but what's with the framerate which seems to be really low and not very smooth at all? I thought it might be an issue with the latest v11.3.300.271 of Flash but other videos play fine.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    What issues did the first game have with a controller because I played the game in its entirety with my Xbox 360 controller and never encountered a single issue? Or are you using a non-Xbox 360 controller?

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, I've put about an hour into the game... and I'm loving it, though... I have two small issues.

1. The camera. The fact that it automatically tries to return back to a centered position, making running at an angle almost impossible.

2. I remapped all my controls (and finding the keyboard layout is a pain in the ass)... but I can't remap the "Forward" control for Despair. I use EDSF instead of WSAD, so, I've changed the Forward control to E in player movement, swimming and such. But... for riding Death's horse... I can't. I won't let me change it.

9. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotec GTX 1060 6GB
    I had a problem with my logitech G15 & G13. The game would see them as controllers and when I tried to play the game would zoom up on War and circle around him. I had to uninstall the profile program to get the game to work. It took me a while to figure out that it was my KB drivers/ software.

10. hotshot100

hotshot100 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    anyone have find a way to force AA ?

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The latest drivers already contain a profile for Darksiders II, hotshot100, with an AA compatibility flag of 0x0001241 so it should be just a case of selecting "Override" and choosing the level of MSAA/CSAA etc. you want.

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    the first one was also a horrible port( game is good just nothing for PC ), had to use a hex editor to get eyefinity working with it

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Played the first one on PC with controller, but never finished it. Don't know how much of a bad port it was but I know some people who only play on consoles and they absolutely loved it and couldn't wait for the second to come out.

14. hotshot100

hotshot100 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Thanks

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's not a horrible port.
    It's a very basic port from a very unexperienced developer.
    Darksiders was their first game.

Yes, the game doesn't have a ton of graphics options and such...
    But it's solid. Performs well, in my three times through it I've never had a crash or lock up.
    And I personally had no issues playing it with a mouse and keyboard.

Darksiders II looks to be along the same line. It's not the best PC port out there, but it's not a horrible port by any means.
    A horrible PC port... that's called Dark Souls.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    A patch downloaded, according to the changelog they fixed a crash and start up issue plus changed the readme file, from what I can remember of the old one the DX11 segment is removed entirely and there's probably some other changes too.

17. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    this game is cool but performance kinda sucks big time. CFX is kickin well in this game, my 7950 in eyefinity are loaded to max 83% but wtf is 30 fps v-sync???:puke2: 30 fps is fine when everything is fluid but it feels like 15 fps for me.

If I take v-sync off fps jumps from 100 to 2o fps sometimes and a lot of hick-ups...Do they have already a patch for this issues??

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Looks like ShopTo.net are sending out the UK copies of this game today as I've just received an email from them that I've been charged for it (which they only do prior to sending stuff out). I may try the VPN thing again to see if I can unlock it early but I'm not that bothered if I can't as I also have The Amazing Spider-Man and Sleeping Dogs to be playing in the meantime (looks like the summer games drought is well and truly over...).

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    If it is like Dead Space then you may be able to disable the in-game v-sync setting and force it via the driver or D3DOverrider to get 60 fps (the latter can also be used to enabled triple buffering, a must if you want to avoid 60 to 30 fps framerate dips).

That said, the first Darksider runs at 60 fps on my system with the in-game v-sync enabled (from memory it was broken until it was fixed via a patch) so I don't see why the developers would have locked the sequel at 30 fps as the game uses the same engine and appears to technically the same as the first game, even omitting any kind of anti-aliasing.

20. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    with v-sync in eyefinity (5760x1080) is capped at 30fps with both cards working. I'll try force v-sync over CCC let' see what's happend.

btw, do we have any posibility to fine tune the settings in this game? I see almost 0 settings here....

Sorry I didn't played Darksiders 1 so I'll try to fine tune it for the first time :nerd:.