Darksiders II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ibitato

ibitato Guest

I just purchased darksiders out of reading this thread, what a game!!!!
    so much fun and production value !!
    will be watching for the II part

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. aquarius_varun

aquarius_varun Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 windforce
    Looks awsome. I love darksiders...reminds me of the good old days of Legacy of Kain Defiance. RIP LOK. I guess Darksiders will keep us satisfied.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Those are either screenshots from the PC version, or extremely well photoshopped console versions. They look too clean to be from the standard console version. The original had a massive frame rate issue on consoles so they released a quick fix patch and just locked the fps down to 30fps LOL, I got it for PC and enjoyed 60fps all the way :D

Great games, the first was what you got when you crossed Zelda style dungeons, devil may cry style fighting, with World Of Warcraft artstyle, put it in a blender and you get Darksiders!!! :D

5. aquarius_varun

GPU:
    I must say though...doesn't this game look more "COMIC-BOOK"yyy than Darksiders 1?

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The main character certainly does, but the dragon-type snake creatures in the second screen shot from Lightning's post I am sure was in the first game... could be wrong I never completed it.

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That mace is too small.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Ouch.

I knew it; Dawn of War II ****ed them. They decided to completely change everything everyone liked about it and it did NOT pan out. It wasn't the game that killed them, but it put them on the path.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From reading up on it they have a number of investments that didn't quite plan out, Homefront for example or Red Faction Armageddon, those MMO titles that are mentioned from the above linked to post probably cost quite a bit too.

But yeah as you sort-of said this probably goes back further like say Dawn of War II although I guess they have been in a decline for some time now.
    (I haven't followed this much but from those posts it seemed it would have happened eventually so their financial troubles must have accumulated over a longer period of time and now they're trying to save what can be by selling out some of the franchises and trying to find alternative investors, we'll see how it works out.)

Would be unfortunate to lose what was one of the bigger studios too but others come and go and I guess it's natural in a way.
    (There is some pretty heavy competition in the PC/Console games industry after all and the increasing costs to keep up to date and such are probably pretty tough outside of large scale corporations like EA or Activision.)

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    As long as Darksiders 2 still gets a release! :wanker:

13. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  14. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  15. aquarius_varun

GPU:
    I hope darksiders 2 is a commercial success... I would want to play more adventures of war in the future... DS1 was awesome. Very good game...a nice throwback to what games were like in the old days with nice DMC-like combat (without the cheesy story and voice acting like DMC). It would be sad if all we are left with is Call of duty rehashes.

16. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  17. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i want that CE mask and the art book. question is, do i want to support vigil/THQ enough to spend $90 on it? leaning towards yes

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  18. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    It will be a success....i seen this 6 months ago........and said....WOW cool...

19. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  20. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce