Darkness Within 2 unofficial patch 1.02

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    http://www.zoetrope-interactive.com/release/DW2Patch102e.zip

to those playing Darkness Within 2 (just like me) i suggest getting the patch before its gone. many fixes and added AA/AF.

Patch notes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New features
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Added anti-aliasing support in video options
    - Added more screen-resolutions in video options
    - Added anisotropic filtering support in advanced options

Fixed list
    - Fixed problem related to invisible error message about video-card incompatibility with Shader Model 3.0
    - Fixed Windows Vista problem related to Administration privileges
    - Fixed collision bug in the hidden place where passing the locked door at the end of the corridor causes the player to fall down endlessly
    - Fixed collision bug in the "Old Building" location where jumping on the edges at the bottom of the stairs causes the player to fall through and into the pit in the galleries
    - Fixed programming bug in phonograph puzzle where one cylinder put on top of another results in the irreversible loss of the first cylinder
    - Fixed programming bug in the "Old Building" location cupboard door lock puzzle
    - Fixed programming bug in the Morse code puzzle
    - Fixed scripting bug after the "Remembering" cut-scene in the mansion’s upper hall, where it is impossible to exit the room before the door has closed causing the player to get stuck outside the room in which they should sleep
    - Fixed "Speaking Machines" scripting bug
    - Fixed loading screen captions mistake in DDL version of the game
    - Fixed clue descriptions and clue list headers mistake

2. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    thanks year, though i already got AA and AF forced and working. Didn't encounter any of the bugs mentioned either, though I wonder if they managed to fix the light illumination through building bug at night

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    "Before it's gone"

Forgive my ignorance, but why would it be gone?

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    it's an unofficial beta patch provided courtesy of the DW2 patch "beta testing" @ the official website www.darknesswithin2.com (then click FORUM) the link usually last until the next update, this is 1.02E next one would be 1.02F or 1.03 etc. until a final patch is released.

to get this patch users must register and ask the mod for it (which i did), i'm just trying to save DW2 players some time and provided the link which might prove useful.

any problem can be reported here.

http://www.zoetrope-interactive.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=292&posts=7&start=1

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010