Dark Souls II Announced!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wanny, Dec 8, 2012.

1. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    I still have poopy taste in my mouth, left-over by Dark Souls: Prepare To Die PC.However if is true that its handled by a different team entirely and is aimed for PC from the get go, as is alleged, then i might try it, ill just keep mouth wash handy, just in-case. :p

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah man same. too much patience it wants and i have 0

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.ag.ru/games/dark-souls-2/screenshots/498690

More screens.
    (Some of the game menus are also shown.)

EDIT: Character (And more so for the creatures.) textures are a bit low-res again but the environments look pretty nice and the textures do show a lot of detail despite the lower resolution though up close things will probably be a bit blurry.
    (These particular images are likely from the PS3 beta.)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/558749824440256653/

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Haha i remember playing Dark Souls on the PS3, it was such a pain to play, really not for people with zero patience. :D

The game made me go berserk a few times. :p

7. deets75

deets75 Guest

£40 in the UK. yeah I wont be getting it from steam. plus I dont like pre order bonuses, I just want to play the game as its meant to be played.

8. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    pre-ordered on steam as soon as I saw it. I didn't even look at the screenshots, pre-order bonuses etc not to spoil anything. I just saw the price $49.99 :p

9. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Pre-order at GreenManGaming and get 20% off with this code

OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1

For 24hrs only.

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I'll wait for both PC and console versions to be released before deciding what to buy. 60fps on the PC is a big deal, but I'm not going to pre-order it just based on that and some promises. Also it is worth mentioning that yet again the console version is available for pirate download since yesterday and yet everyone will blame PC games if the sales are not good.
    Here is a very nice look into what made the first one such a great game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcBCCVGbVfA

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The first parts of a Full Playthrough are up on HHGaming on youtube for those interested.

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    After finding it for 25 euro in a local e-store I pre-ordered the PC version. Can't deny that price. Now the long wainting begins. Good thing I still have to finish the first one.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Also waiting for April 25. Now I must not read anything on the internets about Dark Souls 2.

I started another playthrough of Demon's Souls this week anyway. What a masterpiece! Still my most favorite top #1 game. While gameplay from Dark souls is better, DeS' atmosphere is unmatched.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've watched about 3.5 hours of the PS3 version from DarkSlayerV (I'm not feeling too well hence why I even watched any walkthroughs at all) as I couldn't abide the constant and very distracting screen tearing in the 360 walkthroughs I've seen, including the HHGaming ones. It looks like the PS3 version is v-synced and triple buffered so it's a mystery when the Xbox 360 isn't. It looks absolutely ghastly IMO with tearing even showing the cutscenes. Yuck!

Not that will be an issue in the PC version, thank goodness. The game looks good but just more of the same really, not that it should be surprising from a game called Dark Souls II!!! It looks easier and there aren't as many boss fights which suits me fine. Looking forward to playing the definitive version on the PC in April.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    xbone has been behind the 8 ball on hardware to the ps4 since it was announced.

There was always going to be issues with them getting 1080@60 especially if the ps4 cannot do it 100% of the time and cuts resolution to keep the fps. anything the ps4 needs to cut the xbone will need to cut more.

16. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    As long as the pc version is up to par then I don't care, 60fps and 1080p+ is all I need extras like some decent graphics options would be nice but I'm not expecting much from FROM tbh.

17. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I'm waiting for the PC version as well. I played the beta last year and the low resolution and locked framerate annoyed the hell out of me. I forgot how bad it was to play the Souls series on consoles! :) A little over a month wait isn't that bad, although it's still frustrating PC gamers always get the bumped. When it comes to this Ubisoft's the worst!

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    reviews are great! looking forward to play this (on the pc).

19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Although i prefer playing most games on a pc this is the kind of game i prefer to play on a console and it will be one of my last games for my ps3.

And tomorrow is finally the release day in Portugal!

Praise the sun!!!

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i watched playthroughs. and didnt love what i saw. boring same copy paste gameplay. maybe iam wrong.