Dark Souls II Announced!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wanny, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Altimis

Altimis Member

As far as I know, NPC seems to have endless stuffs and cast non stop if they have a chance, you better finish him fast before the rest of party catching up (those 4 turtles behind :p) don't fight in middle of crowded, learn to run and lure them.

If you feel its too tough, you could come back later, its optional area with average stuffs to collects (can't remember what stuffs but its average).

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah. also got the fire sword.

pls let me ask:

as knight. with fire sword, best to put points on STRENGTH? or DEX? while using two handed mod?

3. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Depends on what weapons you wanna use... Look at weapon scaling ratings and make a choice what to level up. Believe Fire enchants scale with int. Havent played in like a year so maybe im wrong and its wis..

4. Altimis

Altimis Member

First, better stick with STR until its reach 25 STR and then up DEX to 20 ASAP so you can equip most greatsword in this game, there one of the best greatsword you can collect from corpse loot after beat The Pursuer (don't go Lost Balista yet) by drop down a hole after boss, you will find set of Drangelic armor, shield and sword and then you are ready to fight everything.

When hit mid-game, you may put STR all the way to '50' and stop put any points into it while leave DEX at 20 is super fine.

Don't forget other stats too, you must have ENR (endurance? the one that increase stamina) you need 20 ENR (must have), 20 VIT for higher weight carries so you can equip heavier armor, weapon and shield without weight penalties (if you are too heavy, you will be slow ass who can't dodge anything ;p).

There many more to explains but you can do some research about it, there many good build post on internet and give you some idea which stats you should focus first.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Would this and the witcher be a fair comparison, or are they classed as different games/genres?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I guess there's some similarities gameplay wise but they're a bit too different to be compared directly.

Dark Souls 2 is more action than role-playing game although it does have several role-playing elements such as character stats.

Witcher 2 and probably 3 is also not so much about timing although dodging is featured heavily.

No multiplayer interaction in Witcher either.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cheers jonas.

Helpful as always:)

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I guess another example could be that in the Witcher games there's a lot of dialogue and your actions do influence the world to some degree whereas in Souls it's more static although it does still feature a bit of dialogue but it's usually just to give a bit more backstory and lore.
    (You do have some influence on how the game ends though although it's pretty minor.)

More focus on grand boss battles in Souls as well which require different tactics whereas so far at least in Witcher you just drank a few potions and made sure to have full health and some decent equipment, Witcher 2 even had some (optional) QTE sequences although I hear those are gone in Witcher 3

Both games also do feature a darker fantasy theme although the Souls series tend to portray a already doomed world whereas in Witcher it's usually just pretty bleak.
    (No sex in Souls either but who'd want to watch two dried up undead humping around, ha ha.)

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    thank u guys. can't get enough of this game.

just this being zombie is awkward. thank god they fixed these issues n blood borne.

anyway. can't can't buy bolts and other stuffs. shops never replenish :(

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If you find it hard loosing too much HP use this
    Ring of Binding

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

11. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    My current character in SotFS:
    [​IMG]

Few shots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Altimis

Altimis Member

Nice pics, doktor1 :)

Sin of the first scholar way more fun than DS2 original, things got better and better and yet some surprises every corner.

So far its fun to go back to Drangleic again.

13. kbozz71

kbozz71 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Hi guys, haven't started DS2 yet as I'm playing through the first one again. But I noticed a couple of added stats in 2, the ATN and ADP. What exactly are these for? Really looking forward to starting, as I never got around to DS2 the first time. Thanks

14. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 SC ACX 2GB
    Here's some changes in the new version of Dark Souls II. :)

15. Altimis

Altimis Member

ATN = Attunement, use for increase spell slots, some big spells need more attunement slot by 2 or 3 depends which spell, the more you have, the more slot you can put spells.

As you see screenshot above, you will see "slots - 0" because his ATN is only 5, I think slots will go up to '1' by 8 (I can't remember).

ATN also make you able to cast spells faster too.

ADP = Adapt, make you able to use item/healing item quicker, higher abnormal resistance, recover from abnormal stats (not sure) and increase dodge (not sure this one, I heard its help you dodge more effectiveness, don't trust me this one).

16. Altimis

Altimis Member

You could buy unlimited of ammo from 2nd blacksmith name Mcduff, he lives inside the locked cage door.

If you come to Lost Batista by bird service (giant crow, to be specific lol), fight all the way through outer balcony where 3 big guy with long scythe patrol the area, just keep go straight until you reach long stairs down and then you will see 2 dogs with locked bar gate.

Mcduff is there, you probably heard him mumble inside too. You can either 1. open door with Balista key or 2. you don't have key but you can push explosive barrel from the upper to hit the 'cracked' wall and ignite it with your fire sword (make sure you have full HP, its gonna hurts a bit though).

17. kbozz71

kbozz71 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Thanks. I just wanted to make sure once I start not to dump any points into unimportant stats like resistance in DS1.

18. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I've never played a Dark souls game.. Is this a must have?

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hmmm.

might suggest ds1 game world just is better imo. plus some lore starts there if you get into it. and it should be dirt cheap by now i would think or have sales.

20. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    With DS1 is says to use a controller and they say its super hard. I like K&M.. I don't like games that are stupid hard. I have a limited time to play and don't want to replay the same area 50 times. I'll wait for a sale and get it for like $5. That way if I don't like it,no harm no foul..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015