Dark Souls II Announced!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wanny, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ....right... :3eyes:

2. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Anyone else have a very tiny microstutter when moving the camera or running around?

Just like in Fallout 3 and TES4, where you needed to cap the FPS to 60 or whatever you monitors refresh rate is.

Fixed it by using RTSS and capping the FPS to 60.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Black bars on 1980x1200. Other than that amazing game, One odd thing though. My sli doesnt work but someone else in my house has sli working straight off?
    Gonna have a look at their Nvidia inspector see why that is.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Motionjoy is better than x360ce.

6. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yes, and im using Motionjoy for DS.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I just discovered this today, replacement for m.o.t.i.o.n inJOY and works perfectly
    http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Needs the MIJ drivers, but its 100% offline with no ads, set and save a profile, job done

EDIT - Does this forum just randomly pick members to block certain words?

I just typed the full name of MIJ as the poster above me has, but it *****'d out mine and not the post above

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    BTW guys, I can confirm crossfire working out the box in DSII, although it's not really needed, maybe for uber resolutions.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Played about 90 minutes of the game last night. Seems OK so far, though it feels more like an expansion pack than a new game so the hook isn't quite as strong this time round for me...

The art work is nice and the 60 FPS framerate is very welcome but the graphics are technically fairly mediocre IMO with lots of flat 2D textures, some terrible post-process anti-aliasing and a very basic lighting model. It somehow manages to look worst than the modded version of the original to me. Also, character models are extremely ugly and no amount of tinkering with the variables can produce anything but a person that looks like a mannequin/dummy.

Yeah, I know, these games are about the gameplay not the visuals so it isn't a big issue overall except that I yearn for the day when the Xbox 360 and PS3 are no longer the lead development platforms so we have games that do the PC platform justice. Plays well enough but I'm not finding the game as compelling as the previous game (which I played to completion) because it is so similar. Also, I'd have liked to have had the option to have imported my level 171 Dark Souls character rather than have to start a completely new one.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Thanks, i already launched and set, now trying, looking good tho. :)

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    the game keeps crashing on start up on my windows 7 boot. even when trying the fixes, like the win+P fix in the forums. and still wouldnt start.

on my windows 8 boot the game crashed the first time and then I tried the win+P listed on the forums and the game started. and started fine after that.

13. deets75

deets75 Guest

I am about 7 hours in now and have 200hrs on DS1 so time for my input, which I am sure many have been waiting for :)

Well I liked it. I think its similar enough but also different enough to make it feel like a new game. I actually like the losing health when you die as I can no longer just rush about and give it a go, got to think a little more before I venture in. Also as the enemies go after 12 attempts, you get a nice relief when you come back and they have gone, so thats good.

prefer the new layout, much easier to get your stuff and change options. Not overly fussed about graphics but does its job.

Will see how it goes from here on in.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Beauty with these games is that with work you can not level, not wear gear and beat the games.

OR you could grind like a fiend and steamroll in max everything.

But no respawns after 10? hows that grindy grind for souls going to work out?

hows it look? look at all like the early engine stuff? or does it look like a hamstringed console port with some nicer options of course?

first game i enjoyed the hell out of except for blighttown. oh and the area after that one hated going all the way through those areas.

15. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    No seriously. Did someone found a SLI profile that scale properly ? Because this is ****ing annoying.

16. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500

I'm using Durante's GeDoSaTo running it at 4k and it looks good to me. Was trying 8k for awhile but would only peak at 10 fps lol.

As for respawns I'm not sure, I thought all regular mobs respawned every time you used a bonfire. I know you can get bosses to respawn using the Bonfire Ascetic or whatever it's called. It also increased the difficulty of the area. Up to 99, using them after 99 still respawns the bosses but doesn't increase the difficulty anymore I've read.

17. rap1d

rap1d Member

GPU:
    SLi profile pushed by GF experience yesterday

0x02400005

Also some peeps mention trying this one

0x02500005

All from this thread

geforce forums

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Games super easy compared to demon/dark soul so far, I am enjoying it a lot but might have to burn some of them things that make **** harder lol

19. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Was feeling the same way until I got to the location where the PS3 beta took place last year. Came across a enemy whose attack was so quick and dangerous that I needed a heavy shield to stop it and I needed to do backstabs to stop him. Lost a lot of souls at that part.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game repeatedly crashes if I set the resolution to a custom created 2560x1600 one I use for downsampling. I found that by deleting the config file that the game would run so I'm set it back to 1920x1200 for now (actually 1920x1080 so that MSAA+SGSSAA works).

I'm enjoying the game more now I've explored a bit but I'm totally lost and have no idea where to go! This game could seriously do with a map IMO.

How do you unlock that door at the far end of Majula next to the well (hitting the stone there gives you an flask shard by the way). There are also several doors that won't open as they ask for something to do with the King. Also another door near where I killed the first boss I did - the giant caveman/troll - is locked. I think I may have missed a key or the entrance to an area. I've beaten about 8 or 9 bosses I think with about four of them having Primal fires that returned me to Majula.