Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. freeman28

freeman28 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670
    SLI Works, with the new Nvidia drivers. The problem is that the GPU usage drops from 99% to 40 % in some areas, and the frame rate goes under 20fps.

But the problem is not SLI, if you play the game with just one GPU, the game has the same problems with GPU usage. For example, in one situation, if you step into a bridge you go from 60 fps to 20 fps loool, and if you step back you get again 60 fps looooooooooooooool. :banana:

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    According to the Japanese Dark Souls website that From uses the 1.02 update should include performance fixes, might help the PC version too as yeah I've heard similar reports of various in-game areas having poor GPU usage and subpar framerate even with high-end GPU models.
    (Console build is I think 1.01 on the JP version and 1.00 on the "early" EU/WW version, PC is 1.01 too since a while back and should be at least 1.02 in time for release next week from what I've read.)

(Some of the earliest PC impressions were from the 1.00 version too as I understood it thus reports of glitches, crashes and even worse framerate issues but I'm not expecting the 1.02 update to fix everything when the game releases in full next Tuesday / possibly late Monday depending on time zones and such.)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  3. freeman28

freeman28 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670

Yap, my PC version is 1.01. I stopped playing the game until the new patch, it ruins the game experience.

4. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Well I can't use contoller on this type of game, must be my age, so it's a no go for me. Why the **** they can't just add good m+k support like most other games baffles me.

5. deets75

deets75 Guest

yeah that is a shame they havent, but dont use your age as an excuse :D

I just got my old mum playing games with an xbox controller, even though she swore blind she never would be able to.

6. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Lol...I just don't get the same feel though :(

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I got my first controller when I realized that I can’t play Dark Souls with KB+M. It was a bit difficult at the beginning and learning new input with one of the hardest games did not help. But after a while I was so used to it, that I started looking only for games that support it, bought two consoles and even play shooters with controllers nowadays. So yeah, get one – the Xbox 360 wireless or wired, Xbox One, or ever the Steam controller if you feel that the touchpads will be better for you. They are all relatively cheap.

8. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I am 44. I never have been able to use a KB/M really well in third person games. First person games, I have never been able to use anything but KB/M really well. Can't even imagine playing DS with anything but a controller.

9. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    DS3 on PC using the DS4, as God intended.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Durante made another PC Gamer article, this time about Dark Souls 3 - http://www.pcgamer.com/durantes-dark-souls-3-port-analysis/
    (From http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1205238 )

EDIT: No gameplay issues with framerates above 30, good GPU and CPU usage but one area completely sucks and there's a number of options to adjust, Durante also encountered some BSOD issues with Nvidia DSR at very high resolutions but other than that the game was completely stable.
    (SLI also works it seems.)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Terrific Durante's technical analysis as usual.

Did you see the PC version Eurogamer review?

It's focused on lore, game mechanics and IP consistency.

The article qualified the game as ESSENTIAL.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-04-dark-souls-3-review

Reading both reviews together expose a more complete vision of what is coming.

TOO MUCH HYPE!TOO MUCH HYPE!

:D

waiting for the Digital Foundry graphics review.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  12. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Good plan, think i will also do that

14. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Supposedly if you put stuff in spoiler tags you wont ruin other peoples experience.

15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Blame the developer not that guy.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Why the developer?FROM SOFTWARE didn't posted in here.

Forums users should follow the netiquette non written rules and don't reveal any walktrought details openly.

That's the primary reason we have spoilers in forums.

To respect other users desire to don't know games details in advance...

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I (we) had no idea about where and if there is another route or another location before him and even his irrelevant name as you said.

Your post sounded like a question so....:

Do you want anybody in here to post the EXACT location of the route you didn't found before him? or ideally a video walktrought?

:bang:

18. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Im done dude, Im out of the thread. people......

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Blabla spoiler this spoiler that some of u guys acting like little kids, nanco bandai already messed up with releasing this game a while ago, so if u dont want spoilers shut down your internet until tuesday, or just ignore anything thats related with dark souls 3 period.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea right? Not as bad as star wars and people trolling that movie, had one guy on steam going to all the forums posting spoilers as game threads with the user name kylorenkillshansolo.

But as far as spoilers go thiss thread is not that bad, but i know ds people are violently against them.