Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    NG+ you take everything with you there. So go through every little secret you can before going to NG+. And well then you continue leveling get tad more powerful rings and so forth as a result from NG+.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Why does one want to find everything before NG+ ? :)

3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    That final boss
    that feels...

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i made huge mistake about end game. i didn't count if the merchant maid will carry on the items. to the new game i mean. she didn't.

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Just took care of Abyss Watcher yesterday, finally a cool boss on DS3... I´m really liking the game, something normal for a souls fan like me, but one thing i really don´t like it´s the overall world design. Most places are small and full of dead ends and they aren´t properly connected to the other areas. and it´s all because of fast travel!... That thing really ruins the map designs in DS...
    Also the bosses so far have been pretty meh with the exception of the Abyss dudes...

I still have a lot to play but i think it´s safe to conclude that DS3 doesn´t touch the perfection of the original Dark Souls.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I think the Abyss watchers are way more difficult in comparison with the other bosses. So the difficulty curve is very odd in this game. Maybe it's a way to encourage Co-op? The ground just outside the boss entrance is always riddled with summon signs :)

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    You can beat it alone, like i did, you just need some patience to understand the Abyss attack patterns so you can dodge is fire sword and then hit him. And of course with help is always easier. But the boss i beat before, where you have a lot of priests at the same time, also has a lot of summon signs for helping but the boss is easy , and stupid, as hell. But for me the worst boss is the giant tree, so lame!!! Probably the worst boss in the Souls Series!

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I trust it's possible :) Seen videos of it too. My main problem with this boss was the first phase since dodging the boss and the copy proved to be extremely difficult. I have to avoid 4-5 strikes and then I have like ½ a second to make my 1 second move and then start dodging again. Obviously I cannot get hit once or I'll end up dead since most of their attacks make me fall to the ground. I understand that backstabbing is probably the key here since you're invulnerable during the animation, plus the boss falls down and you have time to use an Estus (which you don't otherwise unless you manage to run away from them). I never got to Phase 2 on my own.

The tree boss was weird but at least he was mostly quite predictable (except in P2 when he can start running at you for no apparent reason). The lame thing was waiting for him to fall so you could access the eggs :)

Not that it helps I suppose, but how many percent of the roll animation gives you invulnerability? Too many times have I been hit in the chest while rolling too late meaning they hit me in "mid-roll".

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    The first phase of the boss is very easy. You just use the lock on so you don´t lose him out of your sight and then circle around from a safe distance, when the second copy appears, you continue to do the the same, just make sure you have them both on your sight so you can evade their attacks. Then a third one appears and they start going at each other, now you can wait for the third one to kill he boss or you can attack the boss in the middle of their combat.
    On the second phase you continue to use the lock on to circle around him until he attacks and when he does, you jump right to his blind spot, wait until he finishes his attack, them hit him one or two times and then repeat until he (finally) dies. He took me a few time to kill him like this with my refined Longsword.
    And it helps to have a shield with good fire protection...

As for the roll animation question, try dark souls wiki. They have every infromation about the game.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    You make it sound so easy but they are much much faster than me and well, hit all the time. Could it be a question of Equipment Load or special stats that you use?

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    In the first part they should be easy to avoid by keeping a safe distance unless you are using heavy armour that slows you down. And my equipment is pretty average, an medium armour, all black don´t remember the name, a dragon crest shield (very good against fire) and my trustworthy Longsword. As for my stats, i´m levelling up Vigor, Endurance, Vitality, Strenght and Dexterity all equally.
    Maybe the difference is the characters level, i´m around 50. Maybe you´re at a lower level than me and that makes things more difficult. :)

12. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    My bad, I actually did have increase number of Estus Flask, but it was on the default intensity, which make a tremendous different during Abyss Watcher fight, as I have to use two flasks to recover with every hit he make. As you know, we do not have time for two flasks when we fight the Abyss Watcher.

I ONLY sell duplicated items. The rest, I keep. Beside, most of them really have meh resell value. lol

It is easier to obtain, in addition, it will all carry over to NG+

Agreed! Even a giant crab is harder than some of the bosses. That's just bad, real bad design. I haven't play Dark Soul 1 yet, but I do like his design of incremental challenging boss in Bloodborne. Most of the boss battle in DS3 feel pretty forgettable to me for some reason.

Not sure if you are aware of this, but do not equip items that you are not using, such as extra swords or shields. They do count toward your weight. As someone mentioned earlier, do keep your load under 70%.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

This should be adressed by more websites

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I was at equipment load 92% which most likely made me very heavy indeed. After viewing a video about armor I've switched to the lighter Nameless Knight set and removed the extra weapons slots I had making my EQ load at 69,5% which indeed makes me faster and more agile.
    At the time I think I was lvl 43 and I almost only level Endurance, Vitality & Strength :)

Thing is that I still pop a flask even though I'm at 50% health because I know that one or two more hits will end me. So in those cases, increased intensity does not help much. In other cases though when at like 25% health, popping a flask with high intensity might heal you back to full which is nice.

Single items dont have great value, true, but all of them together... :D

So all monsters in NG+ do more dmg/have more HP and are more aggressive or what? :)

Tried killing giant crabs but they just dig down after a while and heal themselves, stupid mobs. I think the bosses in Lords of the Fallen are more forgettable than the DS3 ones (at least if you look at the first couple of bosses).

I didn't know that and when I changed armor and did what you suggested, I'm much lighter on my feet. Great tip!

Next is the skeleton boss :) Just tried once but he looks interesting.

15. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    That's what people are saying online. I haven't start NG+ yet, as I'm still working on the covenant stuff. :)

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Still no word on battling the hackers and unbanning the innocent.

its getting worse and worse

17. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Photorealistic Souls :nerd:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    You mean that faction thing with the badges? I have no idea what it's for as of yet :)

So to be safe it's best to suicide after a boss kill (so you dont get invaded) and not use Ember for Co-op?

19. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    So, 63 hours and I finished the game. Every single boss.
    I started NG+ but honestly, it is very boring because you know every single area, you aren't scared of whats around the corner and being such a high level, even the bosses (with double HP) are extremely easy.

On the positive note, I still have DS1 and DS2 to play :)

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    DS1 still the bestest.