1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Every serious enemy seems to be getting half (or near half) of my health bar with one hit no matter what so I guess you are right, heavy armor does not make much sense.

I'm nearly finished with the game. Contrary to the other souls games and bloodborne, most of the optional areas were quite small except smouldering lage & the Arch dragon peak (which was not only big but was also looking GREAT).

I died countless times but game time worth it because of the beautiful world design in general.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 1500/1075
    You said great weapons are nearly useless. And those are the things I am destroying this game with including heavy armor but being under 70% I can roll still just fine. Just like in earlier games. Interesting. I've so far died 6 times during my 10 hours tenure.

Heavy armor is good for diminishing damage. But the issue is that poise not working one can stay stunlocked no matter what armor.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    It's so unfair that enemies have infinite stamina :( You can roll and roll and they'll keep lunging at you until you run out of stamina and then it's sushi time!

Oh a trainer of that sort? Wont that VAC ban me? Not sure I want to "cheat" even if its a mild cheat plus it feels unsafe with potential risks of malware/virus.

I didn't know the beginning of the roll makes me invincible since some enemies seem to have at least one attack that ALWAYS hit me, but now I know that I must time my rolls better.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    You've died 6 times during 10hrs? :eek: Omg, you are really good at this game. I die every 15 minutes or so :)

5. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Excuse me but I find this very hard to believe. How exactly you manage to stay under %70 with both heavy armor and great weapon? Most of those great weapons are ridiculously heavy.

Congrats on not dying very often, it seems like you are very good at timing.

6. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Not sure about VAC ban, playing in offline mode (net disconnected as well) and things seems to be ok here.

As for the rolls, try to make them at the last second you are nearly hit by the attack then even if it hits you it won't affect you. It is easier said than done of course. Clearly not dying often person above is very good at it.

7. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I cant believe people cheat in this game on their initial play through. Kind of beats the purpose of playing a souls game. If you make the game easier by not losing souls, not having to re-run an area to get to the boss after dying, or be able to one hit anything not substantially lower in level than you then you aren't playing a souls game at all. Let alone beat one. Might as well have a "no clip" mode and just fly though the pretty environments and "finish" the game that way.
    Of all the games out right now, the Souls series is the only one that I find to be worth playing. It makes you think and appreciate your decisions good and bad. The lore is complicated and the quest lines are soo crazy. Always a reason to play through multiple times. I cant believe people are throwing all that out just to say they finished the game.
    Just my 2 cents...

8. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Agreed, these games are slow going for me with a lot of deaths, but that is what makes me get better. Can't imagine it would be much fun using cheats, but to each their own i guess.

9. deets75

deets75 Guest

wow, cheating in DS single player is nuts! if your someone with limited patience, its not the game for you. I dont say this meanly, my partner hates these games, but she loves other types.

the joy of DS is the time it takes. its not the graphics or the story as a quick run through wont make any sense, heck you need to read up online to really understand it all, so much of the story is just hidden way.

the sheer joy I experienced when I finally hit a boss who killed me without me doing any real damage as I knew I was going to have to spend an hour or so learning its pattern and maybe upgrading my wepaons or trying a different tactic. loved it, im never happier than when im dying a lot as it means I have to learn a new way and apporach things differently. but then when it all works out, you feel good!

10. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    agreed... I was laughing so hard when someone was blah blah blah.. then I look at older post from the same person, turn out that person using one hit kill boss and tons of trainer.. I was like, uh.. might as well put yourself in god mode and be done with it, why even bother giving useless tips???

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 1500/1075
    Well considering I got correct rings, ultra great sword and correct stats. Timing is everything in these games so I've been learning.

12. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    So using a trainer to skip mindless running around the same place again and again or skip a ridiculously overpowered boss makes the whole game pointless... Give me a break.... I didn't say I use one hit kill for normal enemies so please stop writing nonsense.

13. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    You won't get VAC banned. FROM uses what they/we call Soft bans. Basically if you are detected cheating, you are sent to a special server. So you can't play with non cheaters, only other cheaters. It's your whole steam account (making new chars won't let you play with non cheaters again) and for the life of the game. It's all automatic, and generally it seems to be on the heavy side. With no way to reverse it.

14. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    if you thin a boss is overpowered and you need a trainer play something else.
    No harm intended...

15. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I just got a 980ti and a 4k monitor.

The game works fine on 1440p but, if I try changing to 4k on the main menu or in-game, it dosen't load and will freeze (the loading screen will appear for a millisecond, but freezes) or crash.
    Has anyone experience a problem like this at all?
    The card is default settings/clock.

I downloaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA site today.
    Please help! :(

16. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    should run at 4k just fine. try to set it to fullscreen first then chage to 4k , or vice versa.

Other games work in 4k?

17. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    No I don't need to play something else.

If you are enjoying the game as it is, then it's great I'm happy for you. But I am not enjoying it as it is so I'm playing it in a modified way and I find it absolutely ridiculous that some people (not you) find this unacceptable. They behave like religious fanatics :)

Also I gave "useless tips" to Netherwind because he seems to be having similar experience I was having before so if he's like me, soon his patience will run out and stop playing the game. I just gave him an alternative way to keep playing because apart from the issues I solved fighthing with normal enemies are fun and skipping it would be bad imho

18. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 GALAX
    "It's utterly pointless to do so. I'm not good enough at the game to even provide any sort of analysis, not to mention the fact, the last time attempted, i've got basically threatened with death." TotalBiscuit

19. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Yes :(

I will try window mode

20. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Ok. It is crashing in 1440p now.
    I am going low memory warnings and the windows "free up memory space icon", like I had on 7950.
    Could I actually be running out of memory RAM on DS3?

WTF? :(