Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    @WhiteLightning

Did you contacted game support to make them check your situation?

Legit users bans could be related to Steam server maintenance/online fall while playing the game online.

Playing the game using a different Steam account with Family Share enabled on the same OS install (same PC) should work using the same Windows user account, there is no Steam Cloud for this game and the save data is stored in: "%appdata%\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII" ("C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII").

I hope the next patch (already patched!) arriving tommorow will solve this s***.

2. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    In the grand scheme 5k isn't much but starting out it's huge and can be painful at times.
    Once you get to Archdragon Peak there is a NPC you can kill over and over for 5280 souls (Silver Crescent Ring + Shield of Want). He gets resummoned like 3 seconds after killing him. Farmed about 1mil souls in ~50minutes yesterday to finish buying out everything before starting NG+

As for running back you can run past most things (they'll reset).
    Remember you can also consume the souls you pick up (Fade Soul, Soul of a Crestfallen Warrior etc. Even boss souls but they have other uses), or the quicker option is to vendor them. You get the same value but it's faster (Though there is a bug with some boss souls where vendoring gives you 2k instead of the 20k etc)

As for gear, considering Poise is turned off so not working (Which sucks, and it's why even rats and what not can chain stagger you to death), and negligible difference in <30% and <70% equip load the current thing is Fashion Souls. Wear whatever you like the look of best while staying under 70% equip load.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Thanks for the tips.

Yes, I've picked up a lot of "soul fragments" or whatever they're called that can be consumed. I'm saving them for now since I heard it's smart to buy the Tower Key for 20k from the vendor in Firelink Shrine. Is this the wise thing to do?

Sell boss souls? OK, check! I'll do that at after the patch is released, maybe the bug will be fixed?

Is Equip Load supposed to affect your roll speed/run speed?

My upcoming challenge is a blue knight with a white light shining sword not far from the blue, crawling boss around the Wall of Lothric. He pretty much two shots me but I have to try again. Bummer that I need to clear both normal knights each time next to him every try.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Yes i have sent a email, havent had a response back. hope the patch will fix things as well.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The patch is out now. :)

8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    game updated, doesn't feel any different so far

9. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    You can trade boss souls for special weapons/spells. None are too great, but can be fun to use. If you won't want the weapon/spell then you can get the souls from the boss soul. You can still "Use" them from inventory to consume them for souls. Vendoring them is just a faster method, but one soul is bugged, consuming it via inventory will give you the correct amount still.
    Killing the Cursed Great Tree boss gives you the Transposing Kiln. Give it to the Lord of Cinder Ludleth (2nd throne on left side in Firelink Shrine). You can then trade boss souls to him.

Equip load does affect your roll. 70%+ = fat roll (really slow roll). Below 70% is fast roll. The lower it is, the farther you roll. Supposedly affects stamina regen as well. However it all is very minor so just worry about <70%

As for the Tower Key
    You get a Fire Keeper Soul (can give to fire keeper to cure dark sigils). Fire Keeper gear set, and an Estus Ring (Makes your estus flasks heal for more). As well as a Crystal Lizard.

There is also access to the Crow, an Estus Shard, and a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring (Increase soul gain), but these can be accessed without the key, via jumping but may take awhile to do.

10. deets75

deets75 Guest

so whats the thought on the old estus chugging while being invaded or someone summoning you? seems a bit different this game, had far more going all out after they summon me, which im not sure about. in one way it makes the game more tense as the battle goes on a lot longer, but im old school and would never chug unless they chug first.

when it comes to invading I dont care if they chug, im trying to kill them and they didnt ask me to come into their world :D

although I had one chimp last night who attacked me while I was taking a bow at him after he summonsed me, which I was highly offended by!

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    lol..why should it feel different? Do you read the patchnotes? What do you expect...:bang:

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah it adds a second wind of sorts, forgot the name of the spell though, believe it's a miracle.

13. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Use the teleport feature of this game's trainer (fling) otherwise this game become a HUGE waste of time and quite probably you won't finish it. There are much more problematic special enemies (like that blue knight) that can one shot kill you and will send you waaaay back each time you are dead and unlike that knight some of them are not avoidable.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    lol

[​IMG]

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So far I've just ran past really problematic enemies. The game is insane fun tho and challenging. Soul level 59 now and I can just smash things to pieces. I want poise to work tho, no point in heavy armor.

16. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    I don't like running away, I'm a looter :) Not to mention exploration is very rewarding in this game looting wise and this constant risk of going back to beginning is discourages it. So without that teleporting feature I would have dropped this game long ago but I'm nearly finished it now.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I run away big monsters I've already killed :D because it might take time. If I wipe on a boss and risk losing the souls. So I rather just run run.

But usually when starting a new place I go without any souls to lose so I can just kill all.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Just one more thing regarding boss souls vs vendoring them or using them. How do I know how many souls I'll get for using instead of vendoring? I got one soul from the blue beast boss next to the banner thing and it sells for 2k. Is it a gamble to use it instead?

Ouch, I really need to get below 70% then, think I'm at 74% right now. In that case I suppose I need to upgrade my current armor. Otherwise I'll just get heavier but gain defense.

Am I the only one dying on these stupid knight over and over again? :) They sure are very annoying and I feel killing them is more luck based than anything. They can strike me 5 times in a row which is basically death if I dont roll or block. Weirdly enough hugging them feels like the best result so far although blocking is a necessity, something which most of you playing any other class than warrior don't have, right?

Sorry but what do you mean by "trainer (fling)"?

19. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    I died to those knights a lot as well. Most of the powerful enemies in this game does not give you much time to hit them and since they have pretty much infinite stamina even a small mistake will pretty much mean you are dead.

As for the fling I mean the author of the trainer you can find here:

http://*********.com/games/dark-souls-iii

I'm using unpatched game so I am using the "Dark Souls III v1.03 (+28 Trainer) [FLiNG]" one. I always use "do not drop soulds" and the teleport features and use "one hit kill" for tedious boss battles if I don't have someone else to summon for help.

When you see an enemy looking like a badass just put a waypoint before it (make sure the waypoint area did not have any enemies you fight before since they'll respawn and kill you when you teleport back after you die) and teleport to that waypoint when you die. It is not working all the time though sometimes a location might cause camera to go crazy or instant kill you but most of the places are safe to use.

20. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Also as far as I know the souls you get is the souls they are sold for. I didn't use any boss weapons since any great weapon in this game is very slow hence practically useless. So I would just get magic or rings for them if you find one you like or just sold them.

As for the %70 stuff. That is also pretty much impossible to stay under that unless you go with a very weak armor and do not keep more than one weapon/shield equipped in the inventory for quick access. Normal roll works good enough in most conditions anyway since what reallly matters in rolls are the timing since you are invincible in the beginning of the roll