Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 Ti
  2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    ^yeah it stutters for me as well even when using that fix.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I am going for str build so 45 str, 43 vita, 22 vigor and 35 endurance :D with rings it should leave me below 70% load and I can equip fume ultra great sword +5. Still ways to go tho.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    it is nearly impossible to play game without invasion. people already finished the game, bored and nothing to do? and Now lets invade other players? so much FUN. glad i have uber gear this time. BUT it seems my defense is not good.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    They just have fun invading. A lot of people enjoy pvp in this game. I got an invader to my game the other night. Tho I am playing coop so he was tad surprised when my friend appeared out of nowhere.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    it is so rude that in a some intense fight with many enemies, tight corridors, and 2 of invaders appear while i am fighting. Su classy.

i read game balances people GOOD. according to STATS etc. i hope its htat way.

shame my COOP partners r Worse of anything. Such luck.

Invaders lure them to enemies and they die easily. Just because of 2 lazy coop partner brings 2 invaders, ruins my progress.

and games mechanics r like an ancient civilization codec puzzle thing. i mean gives no clue but expecting u to solve. only online help can help.

i sent that little NPC merchant guy which i saved from prison, to somewhere. and he didn't return back. Online search told me DO NOT send him third time.

HOW on earth i can know that info? where it is written? maybe thats my English skills.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Help me remember. Where is this games difficulty in comparison to DS1, DS2, Bloodborne and Lords of the Fallen?

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I would say it is around Bloodborne difficulty. Not as hard as DS1, but not as easy as DS2. At least that's my feeling after the first 4-5 zones.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    it is very interesting physiological that if u AFRAID and stand back , you die in this game. i dont say RUSH. just game require correct TIMING. especially bosses, if i put a lot of distance to them. they change their behavior like they sense my fear and attack more brutal. but if i ATTACK them in a RAGE but with smart moves. i success. dont know maybe thats me.

and trying to GOOGLE: dark souls 3 game progress GUIDE.

need to know where i need to go. actual i have 3 different ways to go but which is better to my level right now. some guides tells u which map / level is for best suit which LEVEL.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Thanks. I really want to pick it up and start dying :) Jokes aside, I've played about 3hrs of Lords of the Fallen and 1hr of DS. I think I'm mentally prepared for this. And I've acquainted myself with the feeling of killing a boss (in Lords, the one who throws bombs and uses blue magic)and being so happy about it since it took skills and patience.

I've seen Christopher Odd play Bloodborne and it doesn't seem to be impossible.

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    April 25th

Also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIxzYQ7nIw

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    About the invasions, is anyone having lag with them on the PS4?

I´ve been invaded a few times and the lag it´s just too much!!! It ruins everything!

@Bigtime didn´t you receive an invitation from me on PSN???

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you have a source for that?

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    hmm i wonder if this patch fixes the invalid data message. ive been seeing this since last week.

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks. :)

Now it's more clear, it's already 26th in half the world.

17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Hey guys, I’ve been really trying to avoid all spoilers and just experience the game blind for the first time, but I have one question (going to youtube for answers immediately resulted in spoilers). So the question is:

After I killed the monks in the Cathedral of the Deep and got the small doll, I did not know where to go. So I went back I found that I’ve missed the Farron keep area. Cleared that – extinguished the fires, opened the big door and killed the Abyss Watchers and now I’m in some Catacombs. I have a feeling this is some sort of an optional area, or is it? Is this the way forward that I need the small doll for, or should I look elsewhere? Just some general hints/directions will be much appreciated.

@Geryboy, I meant more in the sense of going blind, or at least not knowing everything about the game. In that case I find DS1 to be harder to understand and play.

18. Warriorr

Warriorr Member

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 970
    drandiiski, It's not optional area and it's correct way.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Spent my first two hours with DS3 and it's just about what I expected. The graphics are nice, it runs at a perfect 60fps on my TV and it's fast paced enough.

"Problem" is that it's super ultra difficult. I did select the Knight in order to be able to block which helps but I imagine how hard it must be to be a rogue or something. I imagine this game must be a totally different experience for a DS veteran than for a DS noob like me.

Like I said I've played the first boss on DS1 and a few ones on LotF. The first miniboss in DS3 was pretty much predictable except his side slash which gave you like one millisecond to react to. Though with a shield it's no problem.

But the first boss haha, think I died 25 times or so. It's not fair that it's not easy to just watch the bosses attacks and learn them. This boss was nothing like the ones in DS1 or LotF, LotF bosses for example had 4 attacks and nothing more. This guy did like 8 different things and one of them (the slam on the ground) always hit (except blocked by shield).

Then when he turned it got even harder. The range was sick and he did like 4-5 powerful attacks in a row. Weird but finally I got tired of this shiet and just went loco with the rolls in close proximity and that...actually helped since he only had one close range attack.
    This further strengthens Mr.Bigtimes opinion regarding that the best tactic with bosses is to stay at fairly close range and not too far away.

Finally it's funny how it's easy to get overwhelmed and killed. Most mobs really want to hug :)

PS. How do I use item top UI item slot? Like for a torch or something? Left/Right are weapons and bottom is Estus.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    @Warriorr, thank you!

@Netherwind
    , the top slot is an attunement slot and it is for spells. The number of things you can put there is governed by the attunement stat, plus some rings, and you can managed them on any bonfire. With a knight you will need to raise some intelligence and/or faith and attunement to get something out of it. My suggestion is to leave it for now and concentrate on the more important stats.