Dark Souls 1 Remastered

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jan 11, 2018.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    It is designed to be played on a gamepad, no doubt.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Eh dark souls prepare to die edition looks and plays fine to me. Not like it is leagues behind ds3 gfx wise, especially with dsfix and some gamepad emulation.

Sure the textures might be a bit muddy but a full remaster? lol they probably just up the textures some and call it a day and charge you 40 60 dollars for it.

my favorite DS game with the best map and world, though i have yet to play 3 with all the expansions.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    It seems the be less appealing by the hour

Community manager tweeted "So to correct a few things that I posted about yesterday – Dark Souls Remastered will not include new assets based on the Dark Souls 3 engine or any combat differences. There is no HDR lighting for the PS4 Pro version"

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    yeeah.... the initial hype is wearing out for sure.

Will wait and see but starting to sound like it wouldn't be that different from DS + DSFix + texture packs. In that case pass.

I got the impression this would be a true remaster with new assets, DS 3 engine and so on. No combat differences means no omnidirectional rolling I take.

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Well, since I am paying a full price for the game, as those console customers, I expect them to put in adequate effort. This is a multimilion dollar company and the expenses on the port is litterally chumps change for them and they made good money on it, yet it played as if the port was made by an intern in charge of a coffee machine with the help of the evening cleaning lady. You can ofcourse say "thanks", but I'd rather spend my time and money otherwise.

Kolt likes this.
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I can understand people being upset by the lack of graphical improvement but changing the combat system or any other gameplay system would be worst mistake they could make. DS1 was meant to be played a certain way and making changes to the gameplay would ruin the game. Personally i´m gonna buy the remastered version for the PS4 because the original Dark Souls is one of my favorite games ever. The question is if i´m gonna buy the game at full price or wait for a price drop.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I would also rather a crap port than a console exclusive, but I would never pay full price for it though.

Kinda expected that there would be no discount, and that makes this game rather expensive.

While I'm a big fan of "Remastered" games, it must be easy money compared to starting something from scratch.

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    I wish them luck, good strategy, release a crap port for full price, fix it later and charge full price again

Charging for patches lol

Prince Valiant likes this.
  9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
    You don't say mate.

10. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    If they really aren't updating/replacing assets at all I hope no one supports this. That's as scummy as it gets.

lmimmfn likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Still not much info on what's being changed but there's some info on a increased max player count so instead of 4 it's 6 now. :)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3304725/

12. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    having never played any Dark Souls games i may give this ago :) , if keyboard and mouse controls are configurable , i can't use a controller to save my life

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    I see your point but a remaster could improve a few things combatwise imo (omnidirectional rolling being one).

For a genuine experience there's always the original.

I'm still hoping this would be enough of a remaster to warrant purchase...
    Well, high res with native 60 fps is a notable improvement. Make all textures 2k and implement decent AO, AA and perhaps better DoF.

I've said that's all I'd want from a Demon's Souls remaster so I guess the same applies to Dark Souls.
    If you forget about DSFix etc.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Cant be May 25th soon enough. still not available in psn store , seeing this gameplay triggered my loving memories for this game :D

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Probably my favorite game ever, but i dont see a reason for a remastered version. I mean the thing is recent and works just fine with a fix or two by modders. Plus it kinda look the same to me.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The preview they had did suffer from a gamma issue but there does seem to be a issue with certain materials on textures and shader effects.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/te...k-souls-remastered-need-to-be-restored.33785/

Though on the other hand near perfect 60 FPS support and also native support for up to 4k resolution and rebindable keys so that's pretty good plus some small gameplay changes with the move to a max of 6 players instead of 4 though this requires the knuckle item but it's been moved to the merchant early on so it's acquired quite a bit early now instead of painted world. :)

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Same! There seemed to be some graphical improvements after all like better light-material interaction and particle effects.

PC getting 2K textures too + hires + 60 fps out of the box.
    Sure you can get that with mods now but will likely buy this anyhow.

If there's one game that's worth two buys it's Dark Souls.

Netherwind and WhiteLightning like this.