Dante's Inferno?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ya, it's not just an avatar, that bear IS you :cry:

2. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    WhiteLightning's avatar is me with makeup on ;)

3. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    You meant the bear, yeah?:grin:

4. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Looks like some devs got Dante Alighieri confused with Dante from DMC. Why is he carrying around a huge Ninja Gaiden-looking scythe and killing huge demons? Doesn't sound at all like Dante's Inferno.

This game really looks like a cheap ripoff of God of War. God of War 3 looks much better IMO.

5. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    I'm more of a Jumbo bear, you know, Nic Cage in dress-up mode (Wicker Man) :puke2:

Actually that's what I was thinking, Capcom already nailed demon slaying with their Dante character, (Who was such a delight to be in DMC4).

And isn't the Dante in the Divine Comedy supposed to be just a poet, an observer of the happenings in Hell, Purgatory and Heaven? Not some demon-slaying god-like sword carrying madman?

6. I saw the name and instantly thought OMG DMC sequel then watched it and was a bit disappointed, it looks like a sorta..diablo with a God of War twist in it..Dunno if EA will make it this time..(doubt it)..Couldn't own the whole Hell demon scene like Capcom did :) Btw anyone heard of any thing for DMC5?

7. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    I hope to HELL (get it?) there is a DMC5 in the works...especially if they wait for DX11 to be implemented *crosses fingers*.

And you get to play as Dante from the start or maybe Trish as unlockable?
    Oh and definetely be able to use the Sparta sword!!

I'd rather speculate over that game than this console-exclusive garbage. Seems like just another sword-and-sandal rip-off shlock for the simpleton consolers to wank over. Nothing like it could have been had a competent developer or publisher been asked to do the novel justice.

Capcom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>EA. :nerd:

8. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Well first of all (assuming you're talking a/b Dante's inferno and not dmc), the Divine Comedy an epic poem not a novel, but second and more important is the fact that, as someone said, the poem is about Dante's allegorical journey through hell, purgatory, and heaven in which he is a fairly passive observer, the most involved interaction he has with the damned is talking with them and so could not be made into any sort of engaging game if you wished to adhere to the poem at all.

So this game is simply using some of the ideas, themes and imagery from the poem, but making up its own story/gameplay (well actually stealing them from god of war and/or dmc, but that's beside the point), which is the only way I can see to do it

9. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Actually, it was me who stated Dante's journey through the novel hahahahaha. But its not like im the only one who knew that. Oh and excuse me, it's not a novel. It's a poem....right?

I would find it very intruiging to just be an observer with a diary and a lantern if nothing they would need a very powerful and impressive graphics engine to touch all of the visually descriptive points Dante observes. Now THAT would be amazing to witness. For once not having to fight legion after legion of waves after waves of enemies...

Instead it's a rescue damsel in distress from Satan himself, Game over type thing...

I want to see more than just hell damn it!!!! We should be allowed to see Purgatory and heaven the way Dante perceives it!!!!!! THat would be amazing!

10. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yeah sorry didn't mean to be nit-picky.

But I guess it might work, Myst did pretty well after all but that might've just been because of the time in which it came out, not sure it would work again this time around. I suppose it might if the visuals really were that good, but yeah it would be tough to do right.

I'm envisioning it just being one long cut-scene with you clicking something every so often, which sounds like it would be better to do away with the clicking and just make it a movie especially since unlike myst the story is so linear

11. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Maybe you could choose to be Dante and observe what happens, or choose a character like Virgil and make him the demon slayer!

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
  13. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    or Nero,devil bringer arm sure kick ass,wonder who the lead caracter would be in the next DMC.

Didnt like the second half of the game,repeating the first half of the game with Dante,they could of had some new maps/aria,s for that part of the game.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  14. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i'm thinking of getting this..it looks cool, at least it follows a good story..

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    its not coming to the PC anymore, bastards! i actually loved the animated movie and was hoping to play as Dante.

bah.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    if you have a console you can still play it :p

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    yeah i have one, the problem is that Dante's Inferno won't be released on cartridge. :D

[​IMG]

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I already played Dante´s demo and i was very disappointed because the game is a clear ripoff of God of War. The game mechanics are all the same, the scenarios and their sense of huge scale are also taken of GoW and even hell seems like a ripoff from the hell of GoW! The graphics are decent and the story seems uninteresting.

I would only buy this game if i didn´t have an PS3 and have an Xbox so i could get a taste of what makes GoW a great game. But since i have a PS3, i´m gonna buy the real deal and let this one slip into the hell of bad games.

By the way, i´m the only one who found the part were Dante, a mere mortal, defeats Death at the beginning of the game, hilarious and very stupid at the same time???

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I've got this game preordered. :D Can't wait til next week so I can slice my way through hell.