dammit, any PC game i play minimizes for some reason

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by HWMan, Dec 1, 2005.

1. HWMan

HWMan Member

for example, i played NFS: MW and after some time the game minimizes, ten i enlarged it again and after some time it minimized again, but aftet some time again, it closed the whole program !!!! dammit, and i was on a 500,000 bounty worth pursuit arghhh, what can be the problem ? it happened in another games as well...

the programs that are running:

AC97 Sound Manager
    BitDefender

there were some more as well, but i turned them off in order to isolate the problem.... i also turned Bit Defender off, but seems like it didnt turn off completely cause when i pressed Ctrl+Alt+Delete i saw bdnagemt.exe, bdss.exe and bdswitch.exe are still running.. only bdmcon turned down which probably means BitDefenderManageriCON 0_o

2. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060ti
    i seem to remember having that problem with certain video driver versions and having the screensaver on, try disabling the windows screensaver altogether and see what happens.

3. HWMan

HWMan Member

i dont have any screensaver

4. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 reference
    I had similar problems with McAfee Antivirus. I had to stop it's service before playing any game otherwise it use to minimise them at regular intervals.