D3doverrider not working with games it is reported to work on, and possible fixes?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Cifer, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Cifer

Cifer New Member

GPU:
    GTX 2080
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to force v-sync in the game Sonic Generations since the in-game v-sync is horrible. I'm trying to do this on a laptop with Optimus, so using the nVidia Experience "V-sync On" is not possible and my only option is D3Doverrider.

The Overrider works on many other games, but not in generations. I tried it on Win 7, 8.1 and 10. It should work, however, since it works for other people, and it has worked for me in the past.

I've tried several suggestions like changing compatibility settings, but it didn't help.

So what I'd like to know is: What is the cause of the Overrider working for one user but not another when the operating system is the same and the game/executable is the same? And is there a way to make it work?

Thank you!

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It was rendered incompatible with the windows 8 and 7 platform update for dx11 titles atleast, dx9 stuff should still kind of work.

3. Cifer

Cifer New Member

GPU:
    GTX 2080
    It works with DX11 games for me on Windows 7 and 8, and 10. Just tested it. All three OSs fully updated. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between the DX version a game uses and whether or not it works, it seems pretty random.

Either way, my problem is not that the program doesn't work, it's that it doesn't work for games it is known to work for. It's common for the program to work for some people but not for others although they are running the same version of the same OS.
    I have never seen an explanation for it anywhere. But there clearly must be a reason, and possibly a solution. The solutions I have read and tried so far (compatibility settings, etc.) did not work for Sonic Generations.